Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Kul Tirans are the only Allied Race that has a unique skeleton and full set of animations. All the others are recolors or modifications of existing ones. In fact the order of release of the races was changed to accommodate the long development time of the entirely new models of Kul Tirans. I agree most races are boring, but if anything Alliance got the only -new- race so far in BfA.

That being said Mechagnomes suck butt and I would not be surprised if they are added along the other race recolors for the midget amputee fetishists.

Vulpera, on the other hand, might be the best thing in this expansion so far, along the cool cutscenes and cinematics.
    I should be way more clear. When I say “new” I don’t mean a completely new race like Pandaren or Worgen, I just mean something that’s aesthetically and visually new. So for example, Void elves use the blood elf skeleton which isn’t new to the game but it is new to alliance, same goes for Nightborn and Zandalari I believe (nightborn uses a slightly modified night elf skeleton which is new to horde). Outside of that, all the other allied races have been very boring, so much so that I would consider them extra customization for the already existing races like Draenei or Tauren.

And yeah, KTs are basically the new race of the expansion so far. It’s unfortunate that they’re just another type of human which the alliance already has too much of. They’re very unpopular because they aren’t really anything new persay, just more human stuff. I won’t complain too much about KTs, I appreciate that it’s completely new, it’s just unfortunate the theme is more of the same.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-21 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post

Horde does not bring merchants into their lines of war machines. They do not bring weak creatures that cannot handle things like Azerite. Do you think that Zandalari Trolls and Mag'har Orcs are allied race by chance? No, it's by "sense". Why not having tortollan race to join the Horde? They look equally retarded as Vulperas. Cuter race for Horde? "Let's have Sylvanas as badass warchief and then, put cute kleine foxes into the Horde ^^".

Pull your head out of the sand, no one wants that.
    Its a good job Sylvanas who thinks like that is gonna be the Horde Warchief forever and not Thrall who would love to take in a nomadic tribe of peaceful but resilient Vulpera.

Its not like the rebellion that some of the Horde leaders is building is gonna need soldiers or the fact Sylvanas will care that another race of cannon fodder will join her ranks.

Plus the Vulpera have been killed by the alliance and Queen Talanji would easily speak for them if they wished to join and to be apart of something bigger than just scavenging through basilisk shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    As it's been already said before, Vulpera don't make any sense as an Allied Race (since all Allied Races so far are subraces and not unique ones)and it would be kinda unfair to the Alliance.

Horde will 99% get Gilblins if Alliance gets Mechagnomes. Vulpera might be added later as a normal race with a worthy Alliance equivalent.

Is there any new Vulpera lore in 8.2 anyways? Since we're going away from Zandalar it seems less likely we'll ever again see Vulpera.

Personally I hope that Blizzard won't add any new races this expansion and in the next one
    Where is this Gilblin stuff coming from? Why do you think they will get precident over the Vulpera who were there at the start of the Xpac. What are your justification for them to join?

Plus you really think they would be loyal enough to join the Horde?
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    My least favorite race used to be Undead until Worgen came out. I mainly play Alliance and have one of each race... except Worgen.
    I still don't have my least favorites. Convinced myself to have orcs on the list but Forsaken and Night Elves can stay away...
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Iambackagain666 View Post
    Its a good job Sylvanas who thinks like that is gonna be the Horde Warchief forever and not Thrall who would love to take in a nomadic tribe of peaceful but resilient Vulpera.

Its not like the rebellion that some of the Horde leaders is building is gonna need soldiers or the fact Sylvanas will care that another race of cannon fodder will join her ranks.

Plus the Vulpera have been killed by the alliance and Queen Talanji would easily speak for them if they wished to join and to be apart of something bigger than just scavenging through basilisk shit.
    I am not sure how this in anyway explains that Vulpera is legit allied race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Goblins joined the horde, they are merchants
    pandaren joined the horde, they are cute race.

yeah man your logic totally sound
    Goblins craft volatile and explosive stuff worthy to destroy a city. Tanks, war machinery etc.
    Pandaren are warriors with their marital skills first and foremost.

Vulperas - nothing from above.

It is sound. You are just unable to think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Goblins. nuff said.
    Read above.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's people without every BfA faction exalted on at least 1 character at this point?
    havenot got a single rep at exalted yet

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I swear to god, mechagnomes will be the beautiful capstone of disappointment on the mediocrity mountain of allied races.

I know it's very likely coming but holy shit is it a waste of time to develop a race that unpleasant looking.
    I thought Mag orcs was lazy but a new challenger approaches , at the very least you should be able to customise original Gnomes to have some Meca parts if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    I thought Mag orcs was lazy but a new challenger approaches , at the very least you should be able to customise original Gnomes to have some Meca parts if you wish
    Brown orcs and other orc clans were actually requested though. The orc fetish community (most orc players actually..) was wanking itself silly for months on end. Couple that with the upright posture and Blizzard, unbeknownst by most analysts, probably caused a boom in the paper tissue industry that to this day can't be properly explained by financial experts.

Compared to that, the crippled midget amputee fetish is rather niche, even on 4chan and it's doubled "special" cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Iambackagain666 View Post

Where is this Gilblin stuff coming from? Why do you think they will get precident over the Vulpera who were there at the start of the Xpac. What are your justification for them to join?

Plus you really think they would be loyal enough to join the Horde?
    The idea is that every Allied race is a variant of an existing race. This has held true for every Allied race added so far. The logic behind Gilgoblins is that if there is to be Goblin Allied race, Gilgoblins make sense because they are also a variant.

The problem with that is that that logic only holds so far and falters in the face of the available evidence.

Blizzard explicitly said the Allied race system is not a sub-race system. That all the Allied races added so far are in fact sub-races is likely because the initial idea for the system was an attempt to facilitate sub-races. Vulpera therefore are absolutely not ruled out because they are not a Goblin variant, any more than Gilgoblins are guaranteed because they are.

Vulpera and Gilgoblins are in a competition, because the reasonable assumption is that only one variant of the Goblin model will be added as an Allied race. This is where the other evidence comes into play to determine which one.

Gilgoblins play a role in Nazjatar for the Horde, but their models are simple reuses of the Cataclysm variant. Contrast this with Mecha Gnomes. Mecha Gnomes are a shoe in as an Allied race because of the level of complexity their models have and the number of customization options available. Gilgoblins have none of that, at all.

On the other hand, Vulpera are pretty much player character ready.

Their skeletons/rigs are far more advanced than the Goblins used by players and unlike almost all other NPC races, they have a heart of azeroth animation.
    Vulpera are capable of wearing cloaks, and effort was put in to ensure they could wear cloaks without it clipping through their large tails, yet no Vulpera wears a cloak in game.
    Vulpera have a player character level of customization options, which is highly unusual if they were intended to be solely NPCs.
    Vulpera are in the CHRRCE database and were accidentally flagged as a Horde race in one of the beta builds for BFA. Mecha Gnomes are the only race added to the CHRRCE database since that is also not playable at the moment. Gilgoblins were not added to this database.

Given that being a variant of an existing race is not necessarily a pre-requisite of becoming an Allied race, we are left with only the evidence to determine who will be the counterpart to the inevitable addition of Mecha Gnomes to the Alliance.

The evidence is clear. Only Vulpera are of an equivalent level of development as the Mecha Gnomes are. The state of Gilgoblins in Nazjatar shows that almost no work has been done on their models since the days of the Cataclysm. Even the Ankoan got a paint job to make them look like a different version of Jinyu. If Gilgoblins were intended, Blizzard would have put a lot more effort into them. The same level of effort they have put into Vulpera in fact.

Vulpera are almost certainly going to happen.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2019-05-21 at 10:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you"

-Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not to mention Lightforged Draenei that also look just like Draenei when wearing armor and DiD that look just like regular dwarves when wearing armor. Alliance has some of the most boring races tbh. Regular humans, medium sized humans, small humans, fat humans, furry humans, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Dwarves, dark iron dwarves, night elves and void elves.

Either way, I’m really hoping for something different. Something that’s new and unique visually. Look at how popular Zandalari/Void elves are. They’re two races that look very different visually and provide a new aesthetic for each side. The least popular ones are the ones that could’ve easily been customization for the regular races. Now we’re about to get gnomes with more customization and horde will get something that looks completely new. I’m not upset about what horde gets I just dislike the alliance allied races so far, feels kinda low effort.

Regardless I don’t play horde that much but I wouldn’t make a vulpera even if I were exalted. Just don’t like the style and they probably wouldn’t be able to be Paladins so it doesn’t matter anyway.
    Human
    Hairy Humans
    Nautical Humans
    Short Human
    Short Sooty Humans
    Tiny Humans
    (WiP)Tiny Robot Humans
    Elves
    Spooky Elves
    Goat Aliens
    Glow-in-the-Dark Goat Aliens
    Pandaren

And then people wonder why the Alliance has a Human complex.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2019-05-21 at 10:55 AM.
    What I expect, not necessarily what I want, to happen within Battle for Azeroth:
    Zekhan to begin his hero's journey - Rexxar will die - Lightforged Forsaken Alliance - Saurfang will die - Vulpera Horde - Old Gods no earlier than final patch - Jaina and Sylvanas are NOT under Old God influence - Thrall will die - Sylvanas will kill Saurfang - Junker Gnomes Alliance - Jaina vs Thrall cinematic - Varian's "kindness" is repaid

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Who hasn't the basic reps at exalted by this point?
    I don’t. Some are still at Revered.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

I do have my rep and achievements prepared. I would love to make a Vulpera shaman.

Mechagnomes I can see, because it'll be lazy as they can re-use the skeletons and whatnot. I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.
    The vulpera player models are done and have been in the files since beta. Fully customizable with different face shapes and fur patterns. Both genders, even with some unique animations. Different from the NPC vulpera models.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    Mechagnomes I can see, because it'll be lazy as they can re-use the skeletons and whatnot. I don't see Vulpera happening because it's too unique. That's way too much work and Blizzard is lazy.
    They already laid out most of the work on vulpera models. There's only a few adjustments to be done: resize shoulder gear, fit the helmets, add some specific gear geosets and finish some of the animations (like /dance). Their model was already in a more advanced state than kul tiran's when the expansion launched.
    Not a native english speaker, so pardon my typos and grammar errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I could see Blizzard making Vulpera and Mechagnomes "early access" for people who prepurchase the next expansion, but beyond that I'm as ready as I'll ever be. During the last character service sale I bought race changes for several characters in anticipation of Vulpera.
    "During the last character service sale I bought race changes for several characters in anticipation of Vulpera."

Imagine doing this

So much hate for the mechagnomes. It’s not like they can’t add more customizations before they’re released
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t. Some are still at Revered.
    Respect. Either you don't play or you must be trying your hardest to actually avoid these factions..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Things like good racials, interesting races, or even cinematics aren't to be wasted on the Alliance. It just really seems like Blizz is out of touch with their player-base and or just shrug off negative commentary from the community in lieu of whatever echo-chamber of ideas they have going on at HQ.
    Given how this is the default reply they get no matter what they do about Alliance, is anyone actually surprised? Blizzard's sucking has a billion different layers, but in this they are completely right. Trying to appease Alliance players is a completely wasted effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So much hate for the mechagnomes. It’s not like they can’t add more customizations before they’re released
    Junker gnomes will always be a niche race. It's in their very nature.

Nothing wrong with that, I think the real problem (specially for Alliance) is that people are finding all, or most, allied races really lackluster, so they kinda hope "the next one should be awesome to compensate".
    Not a native english speaker, so pardon my typos and grammar errors.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Junker gnomes will always be a niche race. It's in their very nature.

Nothing wrong with that, I think the real problem (specially for Alliance) is that people are finding all, or most, allied races really lackluster, so they kinda hope "the next one should be awesome to compensate".
    The only thing I can see making junker gnomes not be a niche race is what the(maybe) next class is. On the other hand I’d pick them over regular gnome