Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question about Quests shown in Classic WoW.

    Hi, since I am not in the beta, I have this question that is rather important for me:

    I used to play Vanilla WoW in a kind of free wondering with an added challenge to quest in more difficult zones...

    I liked it a lot to take Quests that were (far) above my level with a rogue and so tried to survive each quest in more hard to play content.

    This kind of Questing was actually deleted when they launched Cataclysm as quests got only avaliable when you were 1 or 2 levels near the quests offered in the zones you entered.

    So my question: Did they change that again in Classic so a leveling character can find its own challenge and is no longer restricted to do (far too easy) questing in that typical “walk in the park” kind of play ?

    I liked that (free to choose) challenge quite a lot in Vanilla WoW.

    Later when they limited it to just show quests 2 levels above yours, it was a real bummer. I changed to playing hardcore/perma death challenges and level in grey gear ... but it was not really the same.

    Thanks for an answer.

  2. #2
    Am guessing if it was in Classic, then it is in Classic.

    So yes, you will have that options. Being able to actually do it however, is another matter entirely. Orange quests were usually artificially hard due to the mobs being far stronger than you (red on most occasions), so you just whiffed and got your ass handed to you.
    But yes, the quests will be handed out as you hit the level range for them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Am guessing if it was in Classic, then it is in Classic.

    So yes, you will have that options. Being able to actually do it however, is another matter entirely. Orange quests were usually artificially hard due to the mobs being far stronger than you (red on most occasions), so you just whiffed and got your ass handed to you.
    But yes, the quests will be handed out as you hit the level range for them.
    I know those red quests in Vanilla were difficult, but that’s why I played a stealth character (rogue) to have a chance to get to the goal of a quest without mass murder or just pulling everything around you and have that “walk in the park” feeling.

    I can’t say it for sure, but I believe I could accept quests up to 4 or 5 levels above mine in Vanilla...

    When they changed that to 1 or 2 (I believe that was in Cata), they actually killed the joy of playing solo WoW. I remember I combined it with math gathering etc ... so my crafting went much farther than my basic levels and I could play the AH ... which helped me in further leveling etc ...

    ALL these things were hampered by the newer easy mode style later on...

    It was one of the reasons I started playing/crafting/grinding in D3 in hardcore mode and playing in THAT Gold only AH ... until ... Blizzard deleted trading in D3 too ...

    And then ... we wondered ... why all of us left ....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    <snip>
    I think you are ocnfusing personal opinion with fact, here.

    Wow didn't lose subs because the game was "easier" or such, that is an entirely personal viewpoint, and one not backed by anything but conjecture and spurious evidence. The market changed, if Blizzard hadn't changed, WoW wouldn't be around today. Look at the legions of other MMOs that have failed after a couple of years due to not understanding market trends shifting.

    You could accept quests up to 5 levels ahead of you, these would be Red. 3-4 levels above would be Orange, 1-2 levels above Yellow, Same level and 2 levels below Green. Stealthing wouldn't always work either, because Red mobs would see you pretty fast, and you would get murdered.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think you are ocnfusing personal opinion with fact, here.

    Wow didn't lose subs because the game was "easier" or such, that is an entirely personal viewpoint, and one not backed by anything but conjecture and spurious evidence. The market changed, if Blizzard hadn't changed, WoW wouldn't be around today. Look at the legions of other MMOs that have failed after a couple of years due to not understanding market trends shifting.

    You could accept quests up to 5 levels ahead of you, these would be Red. 3-4 levels above would be Orange, 1-2 levels above Yellow, Same level and 2 levels below Green. Stealthing wouldn't always work either, because Red mobs would see you pretty fast, and you would get murdered.
    My personal opinion is a FACT to me.

    It matters or mattered to me. No longer showing red quests 4-5 levels above your level was cutting the pleasure in my gaming fun.
    Just like it cut the pleasure of upping my crafting ways above my playing level.

    That was fun ... to me.

    So the gaming fun was killed ... for me. In trying to streamline everything you always have a reverse effect too.

    I am glad I can opt to play like I used to play once more.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My personal opinion is a FACT to me.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

    That said, I also agree that that change was unfortunate, I also liked aiming above my station, so to speak, both with the higher level quests and the various elite quests/mobs around. I doubt I'll bother with the raiding scene in classic but I will trot along enjoying questing and exploration and the like, taking it -slow-, which the game lacks nowadays when end game is all that matters.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My personal opinion is a FACT to me.
    Whether it matters to you is irrelevant regarding a fact. That is called an opinion.

    Opinion is not fact.

    No point even discussing something further with someone who cannot even understand this basic principle with all honesty.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Whether it matters to you is irrelevant regarding a fact. That is called an opinion.

    Opinion is not fact.

    No point even discussing something further with someone who cannot even understand this basic principle with all honesty.
    My opinion is a fact.

    Having opinions are F A C T S.

    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.

    It is not the same as talking about math either.

    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2019-05-20 at 11:39 AM.

  9. #9
    This one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You could accept quests up to 5 levels ahead of you, these would be Red. 3-4 levels above would be Orange, 1-2 levels above Yellow, Same level and 2 levels below Green. Stealthing wouldn't always work either, because Red mobs would see you pretty fast, and you would get murdered.
    Also, if you have an opinion that something failed due to some reason you feel was the reason then it's an opinion. It's a fact that you feel that way though. It's a fact that it is your opinion.

    Fact: 1+1 = 2
    Opinion: 1+1 should be 5!
    Fact: that 1+1=5 is your opinion

    Man, this is epic

    Also two, that's an interesting way of playing. Did my fair share of red quests in Classic but never had it as main way of leveling. Resist, miss, dodge etc was too frustrating for me!
    Well met!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.

    Having opinions are F A C T S.

    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.

    It is not the same as talking about math either.

    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.
    Your opinion = your opinion. Just because it's yours doesn't make it a fact. It's like those morons quoting "this is my truth".

  11. #11
    Opinion = fact ? WTF u r on LSD or what ? xD

    Simple example. "In my opinion earth is flat!" = fact ? Hell no its still opinion but its not a fact man xD

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.

    Having opinions are F A C T S.

    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.

    It is not the same as talking about math either.

    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.
    You have multiple people telling you you're wrong.
    You seem utterly incapable of grasping the difference between opinion and fact. It isn't even a discussion anymore, just me and others replying to next level stupidity.

    You're allowed an opinion, no one is ever arguing that, but claiming an personal anecdote is a fact is utterly asinine, moronic, and frankly makes you look like a bit of an uneducated monkey.

    Heck, even claiming "My personal opinion is a FACT" is literally just a fucking opinion. It is so hilarious with all honesty,

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Opinion = fact ? WTF u r on LSD or what ? xD

    Simple example. "In my opinion earth is flat!" = fact ? Hell no its still opinion but its not a fact man xD
    Sadly, this kind of thinking of "My opinion is FACT!" is the exact reason we have flat-earth morons, and anti-vaxxers as well. I think we need to invest in better education with all honesty...
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2019-05-20 at 12:17 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You have multiple people telling you you're wrong.
    You seem utterly incapable of grasping the difference between opinion and fact. It isn't even a discussion anymore, just me and others replying to next level stupidity.

    You're allowed an opinion, no one is ever arguing that, but claiming an personal anecdote is a fact is utterly asinine, moronic, and frankly makes you look like a bit of an uneducated monkey.

    Heck, even claiming "My personal opinion is a FACT" is literally just a fucking opinion. It is so hilarious with all honesty,

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sadly, this kind of thinking of "My opinion is FACT!" is the exact reason we have flat-earth morons, and anti-vaxxers as well. I think we need to invest in better education with all honesty...

    The fact is that he has opinions, unfortunately his opinion is not a fact. Thats the major problem of his thinking. I just cant imagine how the hell brain could think about it like that... Have a good day.

  14. #14
    Why is this discussion ongoing and offtopic?

    The answer to the OPs question is: Quests availability related to difficulty in Classic is the same as in Vanilla '04. There exist orange and red quests and you are free to try them if you have the cojones.

    Move along.

  15. #15
    If you mean if the questlevels are the same and you are able to pick up some red quests here and there, then the answer is "yes".

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Opinions are inherently subjective. Facts are defined as being objective. Thus, an opinion cannot ever be a fact specificially because it is your perception.

    It has to be independent of your perception to qualify as a fact, but then it would no longer be your opinion.

    => Fact does not mean what you think it does. Something cannot be a fact to only you. Either it is for everybody, or it is not a fact to begin with.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    The fact is that he has opinions, unfortunately his opinion is not a fact. Thats the major problem of his thinking. I just cant imagine how the hell brain could think about it like that... Have a good day.
    This is what I am struggling with, sadly.

    Not sure what the heck he is smoking, but it is so laughable it is unreal. Ah well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Why is this discussion ongoing and offtopic?

    The answer to the OPs question is: Quests availability related to difficulty in Classic is the same as in Vanilla '04. There exist orange and red quests and you are free to try them if you have the cojones.

    Move along.
    Was answered by me in the very first post, before he went on a tirade about why he felt WoW is failing. Usual posting nonsense tbh.

  18. #18
    On beta, any quest that is orange or red I've been grouping with people. Get less exp and I have found myself a couple of times grinding out a level so I could try to solo some orange difficulty quests.

    So yes, you can get quests 4-5 levels higher and you'll often need to someone or a group of people to make it easier.

  19. #19
    Epic! Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,586
    Quests had a minimum level requirement before you could pick them up, but some of them were red (which made them extremely difficult if not impossible) to solo if you were at the bare minimum level. I can't imagine why that would be changed in the upcoming version.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.

    Having opinions are F A C T S.

    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.

    It is not the same as talking about math either.

    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.
    LOL - if there was previously any doubt about whether or not postmodernism has fully run its course and come to its inevitable conclusion here is the nail in the coffin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •