Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Shaman Resto Mythics +

    hi, im a resto Shaman 1,5k Rio and 411 ilvl. i know my class the talents and stats (Crit 25%). I know all the tactis of all dungeons. i know the good rotation for maximun healing with him.
    The problem is when i try to queue for +15: declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined.....................
    All the groups finder have a title like this: "+15 rdrood only".............
    Someone here have this problem too? i can be 1 hour queueing waiting that someone want to invite me...

    pls blizzard put 1,5min cd to totem hide of healing.

    (Sorry for my fuc**** bad english)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by shamkyto View Post
    hi, im a resto Shaman 1,5k Rio and 411 ilvl. i know my class the talents and stats (Crit 25%). I know all the tactis of all dungeons. i know the good rotation for maximun healing with him.
    The problem is when i try to queue for +15: declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined.....................
    All the groups finder have a title like this: "+15 rdrood only".............
    Someone here have this problem too? i can be 1 hour queueing waiting that someone want to invite me...

    pls blizzard put 1,5min cd to totem hide of healing.

    (Sorry for my fuc**** bad english)

    I Think the Healing Tide Totem is fine.
    You put the Totem down, it Heals your Party/Raid and you can cast other spells as well.

    But what i want them to change is the healing stream Totem.
    This set it and forget it Totem is boring as hell.

    They should change it that whatever target you have selected is going to be healed for a substential amout over 4 - 6 sconds.

    Like it would cast 3 Healing waves onto that specific target over 6 seconds, Pandemic last heal. 1min CD...

    Or 3 Healing waves onto the lowest member - 3 Healing waves total.

    Something that feel impactfull.

  3. #3
    Guess you will never able to deal with a class which dots and then is able to help with dps.

  4. #4
    Yeah i have these same problem. I have actually 380ilvl resto shammy and its sometimes pretty heard to join some myth+ or even normal raid! *decline all the time. Sometimes i spend an hour to find party. Its ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shamkyto View Post
    hi, im a resto Shaman 1,5k Rio and 411 ilvl. i know my class the talents and stats (Crit 25%). I know all the tactis of all dungeons. i know the good rotation for maximun healing with him.
    The problem is when i try to queue for +15: declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined.....................
    All the groups finder have a title like this: "+15 rdrood only".............
    Someone here have this problem too? i can be 1 hour queueing waiting that someone want to invite me...

    pls blizzard put 1,5min cd to totem hide of healing.

    (Sorry for my fuc**** bad english)
    It won't get any better till (and if) blizzard buffs us. I got almost to 2.5K and hit a wall since people "want a resto druid". Even most people I have on my friend list since legion no longer invite me to 20+ keys with "why don't you reroll a druid". Sad.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shamkyto View Post
    hi, im a resto Shaman 1,5k Rio and 411 ilvl. i know my class the talents and stats (Crit 25%). I know all the tactis of all dungeons. i know the good rotation for maximun healing with him.
    The problem is when i try to queue for +15: declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined.....................
    All the groups finder have a title like this: "+15 rdrood only".............
    Someone here have this problem too? i can be 1 hour queueing waiting that someone want to invite me...

    pls blizzard put 1,5min cd to totem hide of healing.

    (Sorry for my fuc**** bad english)
    High key pushes are for mw / rdroods only (currently rdroo is the most broken spec in the game, both in raids / m+ and pvp, so just do not compare yourself to them). Monks and droods are just way to stronger in m+.
    Im cleaning 15-17 intime with my rshama, just find a stable group, play with bdk/protpala, and it's okay. Btw 411 is a pretty low gear atm, even a lazyboy like me have 418, lol.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by acilsd View Post
    High key pushes are for mw / rdroods only (currently rdroo is the most broken spec in the game, both in raids / m+ and pvp, so just do not compare yourself to them). Monks and droods are just way to stronger in m+.
    Im cleaning 15-17 intime with my rshama, just find a stable group, play with bdk/protpala, and it's okay. Btw 411 is a pretty low gear atm, even a lazyboy like me have 418, lol.
    I think that's not entirely true.
    Indeed droods are the best class for m+, but if you check on

    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...ards/2#content

    you will see on page 2 and 3 that we have Painer, a priest, or even 김쪼* as pala healer ( still no monks ).

    Which means that droods are the best ( and just wait for the pvp essence if they are going to leave the instant full dot cast in pve... ), but high lvl m+ are also affordable for other healers ( also, is full of shamans as dps, so it's a great thing they can go dps and achieve top scores ).

    Also, regardless the fact they play as dps/tank/healer, you will see all the classes in the top 100.
    Not saying that the game is fine the way it is, nor that you could ever fix a class which heals with hots while do a decent dps, but it is a fact that if you put effort and a definitely good team you can achieve a good goal.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    but it is a fact that if you put effort and a definitely good team you can achieve a good goal.
    While that is true and I get your point, the problem is that for the average player, perception is going to be a huge deal. People THINKING that Rsham isn't good enough to do high keys is a problem, even if it really isn't nearly as bad in reality. And part of what's to blame there is that Resto Druid has so many advantages over other healers in the top-tier M+ meta that the perception translates downwards to lower keys as well. Same as with DPS - if something is bombo in mythic raiding and gets stacked, that doesn't mean other classes can't compete. But it DOES mean that people are more likely to gravitate their opinions towards a pro-level meta even at non-pro levels.

    I don't know an easy fix for this, but maybe balance between classes could be addressed a little. If anything, the truly OP healer is Paladin given that it's amazing in both mythic raiding and M+.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shamkyto View Post
    hi, im a resto Shaman 1,5k Rio and 411 ilvl. i know my class the talents and stats (Crit 25%). I know all the tactis of all dungeons. i know the good rotation for maximun healing with him.
    The problem is when i try to queue for +15: declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined, declined.....................
    All the groups finder have a title like this: "+15 rdrood only".............
    Someone here have this problem too? i can be 1 hour queueing waiting that someone want to invite me...

    pls blizzard put 1,5min cd to totem hide of healing.

    (Sorry for my fuc**** bad english)
    I feel your pain. I'm 1.7k Rshammy and its the same crap as legion, no one takes you into groups. I'm mostly invited to only bad groups. Try to group up with guildies or people from your friends list. That is the only way you will push past 1.5 or 1.6k io. Only other option is you might get lucky and actually get invited to a decent group. But yea it's pretty retarted people go for meta comps for 15/16/17 keys when it's really not needed. People will take a far less skilled resto druid over any other class healer, that's just the way it is at them moment.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I think that's not entirely true.
    Indeed droods are the best class for m+, but if you check on

    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...ards/2#content

    Also, regardless the fact they play as dps/tank/healer, you will see all the classes in the top 100.
    Not saying that the game is fine the way it is, nor that you could ever fix a class which heals with hots while do a decent dps, but it is a fact that if you put effort and a definitely good team you can achieve a good goal.
    Sure, but... 99% of the tanks are Warriors, 90% of the heals are Druids, there's a t least 1 rogue in literally every group for the top 500, and not a single resto sham in the top 1000.

  11. #11
    You need to find a group to play with regularly. Takes a while - but it is worth it when you find one.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I think that's not entirely true.
    Indeed droods are the best class for m+, but if you check on

    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...ards/2#content

    you will see on page 2 and 3 that we have Painer, a priest, or even 김쪼* as pala healer ( still no monks ).

    Which means that droods are the best ( and just wait for the pvp essence if they are going to leave the instant full dot cast in pve... ), but high lvl m+ are also affordable for other healers ( also, is full of shamans as dps, so it's a great thing they can go dps and achieve top scores ).

    Also, regardless the fact they play as dps/tank/healer, you will see all the classes in the top 100.
    Not saying that the game is fine the way it is, nor that you could ever fix a class which heals with hots while do a decent dps, but it is a fact that if you put effort and a definitely good team you can achieve a good goal.
    Not really. It is, however, a great example of the exception that proves the rule. I went as far as up to 700 (quit because it got boring seeing all the orange), and there isn't more than 50 non-druids in the whole top list (so a lot less than 10% non-druids).

  13. #13
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    19,511
    Quote Originally Posted by asamu View Post
    Sure, but... 99% of the tanks are Warriors, 90% of the heals are Druids, there's a t least 1 rogue in literally every group for the top 500, and not a single resto sham in the top 1000.
    To be fair, representation doesn't correlation perfectly with performance. Very minor differences tend to get amplified as they travel from the best players down to regular folks. The meta is determined by [often] small percentages in performance or by utility (battle rez, shroud, etc). And then after the top tier m+ players for whom that small percentage matters a lot, you have thousands of players who are just copying the meta comp even though they are not playing at a level where it actually matters that much. Rogues are the perfect example of that. Outlaw AoE isn't a million miles ahead of every other class (despite being represented far, far, far more), it's just that it is very good AoE and they also bring shroud, so they win out. But if you're not pushing crazy high keys where you need shroud to make the timer, it doesn't really matter... but people will continue to copy and bring rogue either because it's what the best guys do or because they want shroud for the extra margin of error. But you wouldn't look at that and conclude that DH AoE is trash just because they are sidelined for rogues now.

    I mean, I'm not saying rshaman are fabulous in m+, just that druids being the top 90% of parses doesn't necessarily mean that druids are massively better. It could just mean that BR is that necessary with the other meta comp (where no one else covers it) or the extra mobility makes a small difference, or their heals are just a little bit better. It's probably a bit of all of those things, but what I'm getting at is that over-representation doesn't mean the divide is enormous.

    I will say that a rshaman is fine in 15s. Maybe they'll have to play a little harder and smarter than if they had picked another class, but a decent one will do fine (even a baddie like me will do fine). If you're not getting picked for 15s, this is almost certainly a playerbase perception issue. If you were pushing super high keys were that performance difference really matters, then I'd say fine you should probably have rolled another class, but not at +15.

    | youtube | twitch | twitter
    |

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  14. #14
    And this example shows that Blizzard's newest idea that they do not make "big" class changes mid-expansion, is another failure on their end.

    Well, it has its positives and negatives..
    Positive that if we rolled a FOTM (FOTY?) spec, we can stick to it the whole expansion.
    Negatives? You can forget about the other ~30 specs in the game if you want to be competitive. Balance by Blizzard, ladies and gentleman!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To be fair, representation doesn't correlation perfectly with performance. Very minor differences tend to get amplified as they travel from the best players down to regular folks. The meta is determined by [often] small percentages in performance or by utility (battle rez, shroud, etc). And then after the top tier m+ players for whom that small percentage matters a lot, you have thousands of players who are just copying the meta comp even though they are not playing at a level where it actually matters that much. Rogues are the perfect example of that. Outlaw AoE isn't a million miles ahead of every other class (despite being represented far, far, far more), it's just that it is very good AoE and they also bring shroud, so they win out. But if you're not pushing crazy high keys where you need shroud to make the timer, it doesn't really matter... but people will continue to copy and bring rogue either because it's what the best guys do or because they want shroud for the extra margin of error. But you wouldn't look at that and conclude that DH AoE is trash just because they are sidelined for rogues now.

    I mean, I'm not saying rshaman are fabulous in m+, just that druids being the top 90% of parses doesn't necessarily mean that druids are massively better. It could just mean that BR is that necessary with the other meta comp (where no one else covers it) or the extra mobility makes a small difference, or their heals are just a little bit better. It's probably a bit of all of those things, but what I'm getting at is that over-representation doesn't mean the divide is enormous.

    I will say that a rshaman is fine in 15s. Maybe they'll have to play a little harder and smarter than if they had picked another class, but a decent one will do fine (even a baddie like me will do fine). If you're not getting picked for 15s, this is almost certainly a playerbase perception issue. If you were pushing super high keys were that performance difference really matters, then I'd say fine you should probably have rolled another class, but not at +15.
    This exactly. +15 keys are a breeze for resto shaman if played properly. And I can tell you now if you have an impressive IO people will never reject you. I always get accepted by pugs into +20 keys in resto. Everyone has the problem of getting rejected (my warrior friend cannot get into keys to save himself as a tank) and its all because his IO is trash. Any decent warrior would be picked up in seconds. Everyone should pay attention to the last guys post. One of the smartest things I have read about WoW in a while.

    Also sometimes you get rejected because a specific thing may be required. Such as a battle rez if no one else has one. This is perfectly reasonable as even in low keys with the associated skill players a battle rez is very valuable in mythic plus.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by KoozieJR View Post
    This exactly. +15 keys are a breeze for resto shaman if played properly. And I can tell you now if you have an impressive IO people will never reject you. I always get accepted by pugs into +20 keys in resto. Everyone has the problem of getting rejected (my warrior friend cannot get into keys to save himself as a tank) and its all because his IO is trash. Any decent warrior would be picked up in seconds. Everyone should pay attention to the last guys post. One of the smartest things I have read about WoW in a while.

    Also sometimes you get rejected because a specific thing may be required. Such as a battle rez if no one else has one. This is perfectly reasonable as even in low keys with the associated skill players a battle rez is very valuable in mythic plus.
    I don't really believe this. Are you one of the top 5 resto shaman in the world when getting into pug +20s? I don't know what your warrior friend is getting rejected from, but he's anywhere close to the key level io wise he'll get an invite.

    Also, resto druids are pretty close to being better in every single way. They do massive aoe damage, extremely strong healing, can stealth, battle rez, have a push back, and have great mobility. Sure we can do 15s, but I guarantee you a druid would make the run easier.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    I don't really believe this. Are you one of the top 5 resto shaman in the world when getting into pug +20s? I don't know what your warrior friend is getting rejected from, but he's anywhere close to the key level io wise he'll get an invite.

    Also, resto druids are pretty close to being better in every single way. They do massive aoe damage, extremely strong healing, can stealth, battle rez, have a push back, and have great mobility. Sure we can do 15s, but I guarantee you a druid would make the run easier.
    Yes, he's ranked #1 resto shaman with 3K score and has some +22 in time, so I can believe he's being accepted into +20 pugs. He's lucky to have a group of friends to push keys with, as his high keys were done with the same people.

    I can tell you I'm currently ranked at #8 (2.5K score) achieved only by pugging - have some +20 in time, and I used to be able to get invited into one of 10 pugs I signed into in LFG. But nowdays I almost don't get invited at all to +20, even those I have in time -- all want a resto druid.

    Even most people I have on my friend list from legion (I was ranked #1 in legion in some seasons back then) won't invite me and say "why don't you reroll a druid".
    Last edited by Koor; 2019-06-05 at 02:46 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Yes, he's ranked #1 resto shaman with 3K score and has some +22 in time, so I can believe he's being accepted into +20 pugs. He's lucky to have a group of friends to push keys with, as his high keys were done with the same people.

    I can tell you I'm currently ranked at #8 (2.5K score) achieved only by pugging - have some +20 in time, and I used to be able to get invited into one of 10 pugs I signed into in LFG. But nowdays I almost don't get invited at all to +20, even those I have in time -- all want a resto druid.

    Even most people I have on my friend list from legion (I was ranked #1 in legion in some seasons back then) won't invite me and say "why don't you reroll a druid".
    Not sure how I didn't connect the dots there . I've pugged up to 15/16s and it's extremely hard to even get into those anymore.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Yes, he's ranked #1 resto shaman with 3K score and has some +22 in time, so I can believe he's being accepted into +20 pugs. He's lucky to have a group of friends to push keys with, as his high keys were done with the same people.

    I can tell you I'm currently ranked at #8 (2.5K score) achieved only by pugging - have some +20 in time, and I used to be able to get invited into one of 10 pugs I signed into in LFG. But nowdays I almost don't get invited at all to +20, even those I have in time -- all want a resto druid.

    Even most people I have on my friend list from legion (I was ranked #1 in legion in some seasons back then) won't invite me and say "why don't you reroll a druid".
    I wouldn't say I am lucky. We all pushed from 1.5k together but it did indeed take a while to find a good group to play with. Pugging keys with any comp (whether you are a resto shaman or not) over 17 or 18 can be pretty rough for any class/spec. If you are pushing that high - just like raiding, you probably want some people you know are reliable and play well together. Add the good players and keep inviting each other back. Some comps thrive with a resto shaman. Resto is soooooooooo much better at Shrine of the Storm than a druid in high keys...there are alot of positive boys! You just need to prove to the group you are worth taking by doing things other healers cant. I wish I could play more and get higher score to show people how good resto is - not saying I would get 3.5k but 3k is definitely not the limit.

    I honestly think the people who moan and bitch about meta are not worth playing with. They are followers who cant try something outside of the box - we are all here cause we enjoy a challenge and enjoy shaman playstyle. So keep enjoying it and try to find a good group with similar minds. Player Skill > Class

  20. #20
    I feel like people are missing the point.

    It's not about whether or not Resto Shaman can work in a +20 key. It's about everyone's PERCEPTION of what constitutes the "meta" choices. People see Rogues, Druids, and Warriors at the top, so they conclude those must be the easiest picks; and everyone PUGing wants an easy run. That has nothing to do with whether or not other classes/specs couldn't also do the same key perfectly well. And it has nothing to do with player skill. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW PEOPLE IN PUGs THINK.

    If your argument is "well my friend who's #1 ranked in the world gets invites all the time", then I'm not quite sure what to even respond. Because that's just not the situation people are in. And many people just want to do some decently challenging keys without having to grind to 3,000 IO rating in PUGs. That's the whole point of the problem originally stated - that the perception of the meta has become exclusive to all but the most dedicated, or people with prior connections. And for no real reason other than perception.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •