Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There are plenty people of all races who dine and dash.

It's more of how poor you are than the color of your skin.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't have a clue as to how to identify a gypsy, unless its like a stereotype from Disneys Hunchback movie...
    No, that's Romani. The Irish gypies are predominantly Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The first step is admitting it.
    I think that pattern matching is not exactly a conscious process and if news stories prime one to see this pattern one is not exactly at fault. Acting on that presumption is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Restaurants will eventually start asking for a card up front.
    if that means they lower the prices because they no longer have to budget for this type of losses, i'm all for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    There are plenty people of all races who dine and dash.

It's more of how poor you are than the color of your skin.
    i like to think that if i had to resort to stealing food, i'd have enough common decency to steal cheap food.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Go back to your containment board.
    Its a petri dish for sample collection, not a containment board.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is it racist that I knew they were african americans before even opening the article and looking at the pic?
    Everyone knows it but no one will say it. I really wish it wasn't it like this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My one experience of a Dine and Dash was an Ihop. The service was terrible, took 30 minutes to even get our drinks the food came out cold and the waitress had a very bad attitude. We left without paying and I called the restaurant afterwards to explain. The manager was actually very apologetic, said they would had done the same and sent us a 150$ Gift Card as an apology gift.

I technically dined and dashed once... I went to a place with some friends after work (nights) and we all ordered our drinks, which were all water and one person got a soda. The waitress never came back after 45 minutes, and we never saw anyone else... so we left. As we were driving off we saw them all out back smoking. I only ordered the water so I didn't feel bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Everyone knows it but no one will say it. I really wish it wasn't it like this.
    White people do this shit too, its just that people don't generally post about it. Imagine that.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Looks like i'm racist as shit because as soon as I saw the OP I knew what color they were. If you didn't, you're either exceptionally unperceptive or pretending.
    Funny, because in my mind they could've just as easily been white, or hispanic, or any other race.

@freefolk: I wouldn't call it Dine and Dash, but one time I forgot my wallet at a local diner. I was a regular, so they let me pay it the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Lets get the subject back on track before this gets closed.

In the 70s I used to work as a dishwasher/busboy in a mid tier steak house. About once every couple of months you would see someone leave the building while the rest of their party stayed, a few minutes later we would get an anonymous phone call threatening a bomb at our restaurant. Naturally we would evacuate and wait for the police. Every time it would be a hoax, that party would flee and the police would confirm the call came from a nearby payphone. It was always a different group of people.

We had other people who would dine and dash, often it was the rudest most obnoxious groups. We would often have one of our staff take a cigarette break and go outside when a group like that was finishing up and write down and write down the license plates of the cars those groups would get into. When the person came back in they would ask if the group paid, if so it would get thrown away, if not police would be contacted. The regular police wouldn't do anything despite having license plates, but this was fairly near a military base and should those plates belong to any soldiers we would get our money back and people would go to prison.
    Ah, sweet, delicious justice. Glad to hear some people didn't get away with this BS. You and the others were smart to get that kind of info.

15+ Year Old Account
    I worked with a guy who used to be a traveling salesman when he was in his 30's.

He told me he would go to the salvation army(thrift store) on bag day(fill a black garbage bag with clothes for $5) and just get jackets. When he was on the road he would go to a bar/restaurant and sit at the bar and have a meal with a few drinks, then he would tell the bartender that he had forgotten his wallet in the car and ask the bartender to watch his jacket as he went out and drove off. He told me had did this 100's of times and was never caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea we are stupid for not sharing your racist views
    Strictly looking at the numbers, african americans commit by far the most crime per capita in the United States. Keep in mind that I'm making no comment as to why this is the case, be it generational poverty and disenfranchisement or otherwise, only that that's how it is. Furthermore, the detroit metropolitan area is considerably more concentrated with african americans than the country as a whole (~13% to ~23% in the detroit metro area, with detroit major having over 80%)

For anyone employing any degree of logical deduction it's obvious, but when you're covering your eyes and plugging your ears reality seems pretty fuckin' racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit
    https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud...rime/2007/2017

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Strictly looking at the numbers, african americans commit by far the most crime per capita in the United States. Keep in mind that I'm making no comment as to why this is the case, be it generational poverty and disenfranchisement or otherwise, only that that's how it is. Furthermore, the detroit metropolitan area is considerably more concentrated with african americans than the country as a whole (~13% to ~23% in the detroit metro area, with detroit major having over 80%)

For anyone employing any degree of logical deduction it's obvious, but when you're covering your eyes and plugging your ears reality seems pretty fuckin' racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit
    https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud...rime/2007/2017
    They're more likely to be the culprits because they are the majority of the population there. To point it out is to imply they are more likely to be the culprits because they are black, not because they are the majority. Let's tally up all the unpaid vs. paid restaurant tabs in Detroit - according to some here, they should be pretty close to even with so many black people there, right?

Yep, actually.

We were at a pizza place in South Africa a long time ago and we had the kids table and the adults table. The kids got their pizzas but after a long time(to long ago for me to remember how long exactl) since we were catching a plane we all walked out. I think he went back to pay the bill later.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Of course.(to the mentally ill on mmo-c) Naughty pattern recognition, making logical connections is raciss.

Besides it's in Detroit, who else could it have been?
    Yeah Detroit and it not being a soul food restaurant is what clued me in. Also the race of the perpetrator isn't listed so they HAD to be black. Funny how they love to leave that out. White man assaults black man? Listed EXACTLY as that even if race played no part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    They're more likely to be the culprits because they are the majority of the population there. To point it out is to imply they are more likely to be the culprits because they are black, not because they are the majority. Let's tally up all the unpaid vs. paid restaurant tabs in Detroit - according to some here, they should be pretty close to even with so many black people there, right?
    And if you did it across the country and adjusted for population you'd probably still get black people leading the charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are there restaurants where you can accumulate a $500 bill, and why is one in Detroit?

edit: wait this was at one of those Teppanyaki places? Thats ~$30 a person if you splurge at lot. About ~$270 based on the picture. How did they amass a bill of $500? I hate people who skip their bill but I also hate places that overly mark up their prices. Shame on everyone.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-05-22 at 06:44 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why are there restaurants where you can accumulate a $500 bill, and why is one in Detroit?

edit: wait this was at one of those Teppanyaki places? Thats ~$30 a person if you splurge at lot. About ~$270 based on the picture. How did they amass a bill of $500? I hate people who skip their bill but I also hate places that overly mark up their prices. Shame on everyone.
    Large family probably had entrees removed by the time you see this photo. Plus buffets or steakhouses cost more depending on the area they are in. Having worked in the food industry I can tell dine and dashes happen in all races, but the nature of them are usually very different. Soon as I saw the number of people and the location I know they would be black. White dine and dashes usually occur in a more alcohol centric setting. where mutliple drinks were had and its a party of 2-4 people. Black dine and dashes are typically multiple large families who use it as a means of a free meal for the night.

It happens, you can put your nose in the sand about it, but having worked as a waiter in both small towns and bigger cities this is a pretty common trend. Oh and Asians/Indians don't tip.