Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    o.O really? Sorry for my assumption. Where do you live?
    Texas. There's a city nearby named "White Settlement"(like I said, Texas) which has a very large gypsy population(I believe their preferred term is "traveller"). They spend winters down here, then go north when it gets hot in the summer.

I think I should clarify, the gypies I am referring to are the Irish variety, not the Romani variety.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-05-20 at 04:44 PM.

Not a day w/o nigg....(AfRO mUrIcAnZ) commiting a crime, legit yday i read when someone who obviously just happened to be black Kappa, kidnapped a child girl right from her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Nope. It's a combination of dress, accent, facial features, and behavior. Skin color they're usually white unless they are marrying an outsider into the tribe.
    Yes, thank you for your anthropology hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Lots of people. It's a common practice, actually. Splitting the bill takes time. Time that the waiter is guaranteed to be in the back, NOT watching what you do. At the restaurant I worked at, if a large group wanted a check split multiple ways, it was recommended that the person doing the splitting ask another waiter to keep an eye on the table to make sure they don't leave in the meantime.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never been out of the US brother, not sure how the fuck you determined I'm European. Every fucking person I know knows how to identify gypsies, they are common around here.
    Where is here? I don't have a clue as to how to identify a gypsy, unless its like a stereotype from Disneys Hunchback movie...

Restaurants will eventually start asking for a card up front.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, thank you for your anthropology hot take.
    Nothing "hot take" about it, it's stating facts.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

Lets get the subject back on track before this gets closed.

In the 70s I used to work as a dishwasher/busboy in a mid tier steak house. About once every couple of months you would see someone leave the building while the rest of their party stayed, a few minutes later we would get an anonymous phone call threatening a bomb at our restaurant. Naturally we would evacuate and wait for the police. Every time it would be a hoax, that party would flee and the police would confirm the call came from a nearby payphone. It was always a different group of people.

We had other people who would dine and dash, often it was the rudest most obnoxious groups. We would often have one of our staff take a cigarette break and go outside when a group like that was finishing up and write down and write down the license plates of the cars those groups would get into. When the person came back in they would ask if the group paid, if so it would get thrown away, if not police would be contacted. The regular police wouldn't do anything despite having license plates, but this was fairly near a military base and should those plates belong to any soldiers we would get our money back and people would go to prison.

There are plenty people of all races who dine and dash.

It's more of how poor you are than the color of your skin.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't have a clue as to how to identify a gypsy, unless its like a stereotype from Disneys Hunchback movie...
    No, that's Romani. The Irish gypies are predominantly Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The first step is admitting it.
    I think that pattern matching is not exactly a conscious process and if news stories prime one to see this pattern one is not exactly at fault. Acting on that presumption is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Restaurants will eventually start asking for a card up front.
    if that means they lower the prices because they no longer have to budget for this type of losses, i'm all for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    There are plenty people of all races who dine and dash.

It's more of how poor you are than the color of your skin.
    i like to think that if i had to resort to stealing food, i'd have enough common decency to steal cheap food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Not a day w/o nigg....(AfRO mUrIcAnZ) commiting a crime, legit yday i read when someone who obviously just happened to be black Kappa, kidnapped a child girl right from her mother.
    Go back to your containment board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Go back to your containment board.
    Its a petri dish for sample collection, not a containment board.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Its a petri dish for sample collection, not a containment board.
    It's both, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is it racist that I knew they were african americans before even opening the article and looking at the pic?
    Everyone knows it but no one will say it. I really wish it wasn't it like this.

My one experience of a Dine and Dash was an Ihop. The service was terrible, took 30 minutes to even get our drinks the food came out cold and the waitress had a very bad attitude. We left without paying and I called the restaurant afterwards to explain. The manager was actually very apologetic, said they would had done the same and sent us a 150$ Gift Card as an apology gift.

I technically dined and dashed once... I went to a place with some friends after work (nights) and we all ordered our drinks, which were all water and one person got a soda. The waitress never came back after 45 minutes, and we never saw anyone else... so we left. As we were driving off we saw them all out back smoking. I only ordered the water so I didn't feel bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Everyone knows it but no one will say it. I really wish it wasn't it like this.
    White people do this shit too, its just that people don't generally post about it. Imagine that.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Looks like i'm racist as shit because as soon as I saw the OP I knew what color they were. If you didn't, you're either exceptionally unperceptive or pretending.
    Funny, because in my mind they could've just as easily been white, or hispanic, or any other race.

@freefolk: I wouldn't call it Dine and Dash, but one time I forgot my wallet at a local diner. I was a regular, so they let me pay it the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Lets get the subject back on track before this gets closed.

In the 70s I used to work as a dishwasher/busboy in a mid tier steak house. About once every couple of months you would see someone leave the building while the rest of their party stayed, a few minutes later we would get an anonymous phone call threatening a bomb at our restaurant. Naturally we would evacuate and wait for the police. Every time it would be a hoax, that party would flee and the police would confirm the call came from a nearby payphone. It was always a different group of people.

We had other people who would dine and dash, often it was the rudest most obnoxious groups. We would often have one of our staff take a cigarette break and go outside when a group like that was finishing up and write down and write down the license plates of the cars those groups would get into. When the person came back in they would ask if the group paid, if so it would get thrown away, if not police would be contacted. The regular police wouldn't do anything despite having license plates, but this was fairly near a military base and should those plates belong to any soldiers we would get our money back and people would go to prison.
    Ah, sweet, delicious justice. Glad to hear some people didn't get away with this BS. You and the others were smart to get that kind of info.

I worked with a guy who used to be a traveling salesman when he was in his 30's.

He told me he would go to the salvation army(thrift store) on bag day(fill a black garbage bag with clothes for $5) and just get jackets. When he was on the road he would go to a bar/restaurant and sit at the bar and have a meal with a few drinks, then he would tell the bartender that he had forgotten his wallet in the car and ask the bartender to watch his jacket as he went out and drove off. He told me had did this 100's of times and was never caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea we are stupid for not sharing your racist views
    Strictly looking at the numbers, african americans commit by far the most crime per capita in the United States. Keep in mind that I'm making no comment as to why this is the case, be it generational poverty and disenfranchisement or otherwise, only that that's how it is. Furthermore, the detroit metropolitan area is considerably more concentrated with african americans than the country as a whole (~13% to ~23% in the detroit metro area, with detroit major having over 80%)

For anyone employing any degree of logical deduction it's obvious, but when you're covering your eyes and plugging your ears reality seems pretty fuckin' racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit
    https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud...rime/2007/2017