Post Any tips on starting a blog?

I'm seriously considering writing a blog, partially as a way to properly divulge some of my beliefs and interests surrounding culture, society and science, but also as a means of earning an income on the side. I have done a pretty decent amount of research on the basics of blogging, but I'm somewhat interesting in hearing minor tips and bits of wisdom from anyone who blogs, has attempted to run a blog or even from someone who just reads a lot of blogs.

Any advice? I am pretty much open to any advice, unconventional or trivial. Prefer to avoid discouraging comments though, no need for needless negativity here, but I also won't shy away from more realistic or utilitarian outlooks.

Get on twitter and try finding your niche there. Then start blogging about the area you are interested in.

I spend a lot more time on Tumblr and Pixiv tho so take it with a grain on salt.

To start a blog first you need the following.
    1. Choose a good niche that you believe can fetch you traffic from search engines.
    2. Choose a reliable host from a trusted hosting company. (Most Important)
    3. Post everyday, share your posts on facebook and other social networks.
    4. Try to build backlinks.
    5. Monetize your site to make profit.
    6. Don't expect too much in the beginning and try to be patience.
    I hope this types helps you to start..

All you have to do is learn how to be interesting.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure to lock the comments. Especially if one happens to be a person that cannot take criticisms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I'm seriously considering writing a blog, partially as a way to properly divulge some of my beliefs and interests surrounding culture, society and science, but also as a means of earning an income on the side. I have done a pretty decent amount of research on the basics of blogging, but I'm somewhat interesting in hearing minor tips and bits of wisdom from anyone who blogs, has attempted to run a blog or even from someone who just reads a lot of blogs.

Any advice? I am pretty much open to any advice, unconventional or trivial. Prefer to avoid discouraging comments though, no need for needless negativity here, but I also won't shy away from more realistic or utilitarian outlooks.
    I don't doubt your potential but your subject areas are kind of wonky. Humanoid animal hybrids in space. Restoring all kinds of long dead species. Plus a bunch of DIY lifehacking augments.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I don't doubt your potential but your subject areas are kind of wonky. Humanoid animal hybrids in space. Restoring all kinds of long dead species. Plus a bunch of DIY lifehacking augments.
    You got a problem with Starfox?!

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post

Aim higher than to be a blogger.

Everyone with an opinion can call themselves "a blogger" - and you know what they say about us who has opinions.

Treat blogging as practice, the lowest, first steppingstone towards something where putting your words into writing for the sake of making them public, actually matters in the long run.

I hope you make it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You got a problem with Starfox?!
    Can't let him do that.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You already have one right here.
    You have your posters mixed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You have your posters mixed up.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just don't after a few months start calling yourself a journalist.

Since you want to make some money on the side too, most likely you will want google adsense well in order for google to activate ads on your website it needs to see it as a lively place. So if you don't think you will have time to post daily you should start writing blogs now and just upload them once a day at least when your website is done.

Don't spam your website everywhere and most importantly not at the start . Wait a month ( no one is going to find you on their own in a month most likely). Wait a month to add some content on your page and then link , so people can have more stuff to read than just one post.