Rock Paper Scissors Mushroom class balance.

Hi lads,

I can't shake the feeling that the kings of vanilla will be dethroned to a degree. When you think about bosses and the difficulty of them back then versus now, then surely the modern wow player will have the tools and skill to be able to play around any would be imbalances in PVP. I have this nagging feeling that it won't be as "Rock Paper Scissors Mushroom" as back then.

I played ret/prot in PVP back then, had immense fun doing so.

What do you guys think? Will it be as warrior / rogue dominated as back then, or will players have the capability to counter the gear scaling differences and imbalances of PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Hi lads,

I can't shake the feeling that the kings of vanilla will be dethroned to a degree. When you think about bosses and the difficulty of them back then versus now, then surely the modern wow player will have the tools and skill to be able to play around any would be imbalances in PVP. I have this nagging feeling that it won't be as "Rock Paper Scissors Mushroom" as back then.

I played ret/prot in PVP back then, had immense fun doing so.

What do you guys think? Will it be as warrior / rogue dominated as back then, or will players have the capability to counter the gear scaling differences and imbalances of PVP?
    Blizz described classic as 'the wild west.' Now, that people know min/max for every tier, understand consumables/eng and know exactly what to use, when and how to counter/burst ... The wild west is gonna get even wilder!

For myself, gonna roll Horde as not to face Shaman .. Then play Warlock/Shaman (will try both enh/ele). My goal is within 1 year to fully gear both toons and just PvP ..

15+ Year Old Account
    Dominators in PVP will be Warlocks, followed by Horde shadow priests, and hunters of either faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    If Private servers/tournaments on them are to be believed, Soul Link Warlocks are unbeatable in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Dominators in PVP will be Warlocks, followed by Horde shadow priests, and hunters of either faction.
    I feel like you're undervaluing rogues.