Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Did you look in the mirror when you asked that? And if you think it is a good thing, I want you to know, I do not share that opinion. Raw nature can be pretty cruel and at times, unforgiving.
    Most people here are clueless. Admittedly I am also clueless but I also grew up in Alaska, where everything including the weather is trying to kill you.

Another poster was talking about moving up to AK so he could live "an easy and simple life" and I just started laughing hysterically. People have no idea.

For us? Sure. The rest of the universe doesn't give a toss though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Pretty much.
    Even if we successfully extonguished 90% of life on our way down, it will find a way again far after we are gone.
    It started from dead chemicals after only half a billion years, so it'll take a lot to make all life on Earth extinct. Most likely about a billion years from now when the sun becomes bright enough to kill off plantlife. And even then, it's still hundreds of millions of years before bacterial life bakes to death.
    Putin khuliyo

Eventually we will have to learn how to live in harmony with our planet, our home. Generally speaking, shtting where you sleep is a bad idea. All that will come of it in the end is our extinction (as well as many other life forms). Our planet will be permanently altered as it has before from past natural disasters. Something will come up and take our place millions of years from now and our existence wont matter anymore. It's bound to happen and it just a matter of when and how.

As a human being, I don't like the idea of my species going extinct, but ultimately, doesn't matter if it does. We're just another life form on earth in a long history of now defunct lifeforms and will share their fate as well.

In the mean time, I'm going to love my family and enjoy the time I have left.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it'd be a good thing for us and everything else.

no more pain and badness. yeah, no more good either, but bad outweighs good by far.
    Yet here you are alive and well posting championing the death of humans... tell me... why are you here?

Well, I mean. I don't wanna die yet. So yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yet here you are alive and well posting championing the death of humans... tell me... why are you here?
    cause i'm scared of the afterlife.

but if a natural extinction happens, it'll prove there's no afterlife. so everyone will be at peace.

I'm not that cynical or pessimistic at all about humanity. If anything I think that we are at the pinnacle of evolution on our planet, and we will likely be the species that propagates the life of our planet to other planets eventually, and of course attempt to conserve whatever life we already have on our own. I consider humans just as much part of and a product of nature as whales, mosquitoes and banana trees are.

but if a natural extinction happens, it'll prove there's no afterlife. so everyone will be at peace.
    How would it prove that?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How would it prove that?
    religious end times are caused by the gods within them, all of them are things that are obviously the work of a god.

giant locusts with human heads, rivers of blood, literally everyone seeing jesus from all points on the earth. titanic battles of gods vs. the jotun, etc. etc.

a meteor whacking us, or a disease wiping us out, these are all passive and natural things. not the nightmare hellscape the world will be in a religious endtime.

7+ Year Old Account
    cause i'm scared of the afterlife.

You ever heard of the fiction genre? That's where the afterlife idea comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You ever heard of the fiction genre? That's where the afterlife idea comes from.
    if you want me to eat this nice load of bird shot i got right here on my desk, you've gotta give me hard, irrefutable evidence of that claim.

i'm not pulling any triggers till i know 100% i'm not making my situation a whole lot worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you want me to eat this nice load of bird shot i got right here on my desk, you've gotta give me hard, irrefutable evidence of that claim.

i'm not pulling any triggers till i know 100% i'm not making my situation a whole lot worse.
    wth, don't hurt yourself. I was just saying the afterlife is imaginary. If you're depressed then it's only because you don't yet know how to fix your problems, people should never give up on life under any circumstances.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-05-21 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I believe we are (or always have been) part of our own Demise in this World. We will get to a point of no return that will eventually lead to the extinction of most life as we know it, including the human species

I find this a natural process. Similar to death. After us the universo will continue its course and probably New forms of life will emerge. We've seen these masa extinction happen before. Life always finds itself back.

I find it futile and even selfish to believe that we will be here forever. Things seem kinda gloom in the near future. Perhaps our time here is near an end. And that's fine and quite natural.

What I do believe is bad is that the generation before this masa extinction will suffer and have to en dure harsh lifestyles due to the choices we make today. I find myself pondering about this often and believe that what I can do to help this is just not have children. If at some point I want to start a family I'll probably adopt.

What is your stance on the (probably inevitable) extinction of human kind?
    short answer, yes, long answer yes. now stop with nihilistic outlook on your existence. humanities next evolution is one not of vapid consumption.

Nope.

/10char

Amazing, TC managed to get people to admit they are a waste of time and would be better of dead for the good of the planet.

Who am I to argue with that?

As many have said, it would be bad for us. The end of any species is tragic IMO. If extinction ever does happen, this planet would enjoy the relief from our abuse and the rest of the universe would just continue on.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This bullshit is a result of a good life where you don't have to toil all day in order to get food. Now many people have free time in which they postulate idiotic ideas based on their lacking knowledge of the world. We conquered this planet and even if 99% of the humans dissapear in a given number of generations we will still dominate this planet. Wtf u on about?

7+ Year Old Account
    HAha xD Yes ofcourse it is a bad thing xD

While humans does terrible things, we are still the single race on the planet with the potential to do something extraordenary. We have the potential to spread life in the universe, to create things that was not there before and to imagine things better then they are.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.