Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is the extinction of mankind a bad thing?

I believe we are (or always have been) part of our own Demise in this World. We will get to a point of no return that will eventually lead to the extinction of most life as we know it, including the human species

I find this a natural process. Similar to death. After us the universo will continue its course and probably New forms of life will emerge. We've seen these masa extinction happen before. Life always finds itself back.

I find it futile and even selfish to believe that we will be here forever. Things seem kinda gloom in the near future. Perhaps our time here is near an end. And that's fine and quite natural.

What I do believe is bad is that the generation before this masa extinction will suffer and have to en dure harsh lifestyles due to the choices we make today. I find myself pondering about this often and believe that what I can do to help this is just not have children. If at some point I want to start a family I'll probably adopt.

What is your stance on the (probably inevitable) extinction of human kind?

10+ Year Old Account
    For us, yes
    For the rest of the world? Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    For us, yes
    For the rest of the world? Probably not
    Pretty much.
    Even if we successfully extonguished 90% of life on our way down, it will find a way again far after we are gone.

everything ends. It doesn't matter if it's bad or not.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

it'd be a good thing for us and everything else.

no more pain and badness. yeah, no more good either, but bad outweighs good by far.

Not a bad thing at all.

The only bad thing I would say is that humans can be great "shepherds"... we are capable of rescuing and treating animals.

But the way we consume and destroy is just so bad for teh earth.

Much better off without humans on it.

Not at all. We're a parasite on this planet that single handedly caused the mass extinction of countless flora and fauna, all in the name of greed and spreading its presence.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-05-20 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Things seem kinda gloom in the near future. Perhaps our time here is near an end. And that's fine and quite natural.
    i scoff at the notion, we as a species, should do everything in our power to ensure the species as a whole survives.

Anyone that disagrees with that simple notion is a hazard to the continuation of our species.

And to all the people that are saying it'd be a good thing, and that we do more bad then good, that we deserve it or whatever, lead by example.

If live and humanity are so evil, why not choice to end your own existence so you don't have to "suffer" anymore, and you don't cause "suffering" anymore, but you won't, you sit high and mighty and cause just as much damage as anyone else by posting this through your computer or phone or whatever, living in a house and using all the same stuff that causes bad to our world.
    Last edited by Shadowtwili; 2019-05-20 at 05:34 PM.

Not my problem.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

humans act like a virus. we move into a place and destroy everything there while we gather resources and we don't give anything back. when the resources are depleted we move on and do the same somewhere else. rinse and repeat. eventually we will run out of the necessary resources to sustain a large population so even if we don't go completely extinct our numbers will at some point drastically collapse.

if humans went extinct the earth would recover just fine...hopefully that happens long after I'm already dead though
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we are (or always have been) part of our own Demise in this World. We will get to a point of no return that will eventually lead to the extinction of most life as we know it, including the human species

I find this a natural process. Similar to death. After us the universo will continue its course and probably New forms of life will emerge. We've seen these masa extinction happen before. Life always finds itself back.

I find it futile and even selfish to believe that we will be here forever. Things seem kinda gloom in the near future. Perhaps our time here is near an end. And that's fine and quite natural.

What I do believe is bad is that the generation before this masa extinction will suffer and have to en dure harsh lifestyles due to the choices we make today. I find myself pondering about this often and believe that what I can do to help this is just not have children. If at some point I want to start a family I'll probably adopt.

What is your stance on the (probably inevitable) extinction of human kind?
    For mankind it is. For the Earth, likely a good thing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm pretty against such a thing, because I tend to have big hopes for humanity's future. We might wind up stagnating, reverting, or spiraling into a dystopian hellhole future, but I hope we can move past such things and delve into transhumanism, probably long after I'm dead. I like to imagine we can become something more than we are, something better. I suppose it's similar to the religious belief in an afterlife, hoping that all the toil and suffering we went through will be meaningful if we emerge as some sort of race of demi-gods traversing the stars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Besides us, prolly bad for some domestic animals who can't survive on their own.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Humans are predators. We even prey upon ourselves. If there is a way to survive humanity will find it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, cant play my vidya gamez

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is this book that the can't be named that says the earth and everything on it was created for us.
    That same book says the world will end and most everyone will die.
    The last important thing that book says is that by believing certain truths about a certain person will guarantee you get the good ending instead of the bad one.

Just love your neighbors and the rest should work itself out. No need to be so negative.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Considering we as people are in fact all humans, yes it is a bad thing.

Good and bad is determined by people. Animals and nature aren't naturally good or bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the extinction of mankind a bad thing?
    Yes

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    For us yeah, for Earth it would be the best thing.

we are to prolific to go extinct.

only a couple thousands humans or so need to find a habitable spot and they can just keep going even in the case of a mass extinction event, we've been that low population before.

nuclear war, another huge asteroid, mass pollution, all those things are unlikely to make every square inch of the planet unlivable, so we can just keep going. but of course, sayings like "nuking ourselves back to the stone age" are very possible.