Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    idk why blizz wants to add an allied race that won't be played.

seems stupid from a marketing perspective.

whatever.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think this gets to an interesting question honestly. Is Blizzard making Allied Races out of the content, or is Blizz making content to justify Allied Races?
    That is a dumb question. Blizzard needs to create content in order for an allied race to exist. Otherwise it would be limited to things already existing prior to Legion. It doesn't matter if they added in content to support an idea of an allied race or just created content and have an unplanned allied race. It is the same. Content was created. Given that they included the hooks for mecha-gnomes in original BfA content means that it was a planned addition just like Kul'tirans and Zandalari. Whether or not they become an allied race is yet to be determined.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They will give out 2 pairs for Alliance and 2 pairs for Horde at 8.3 (they skipped giving any at 8.2 for a reason).
    With that, the hatred for one specific race will be deluted by the other 3 races.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    When Mechagnomes are inevitably confirmed for an Alliance Allied Race, along with the Vulpera, there will be a shitstorm of anger from an already furious half of the playerbase.

Will the anger be enough to cause mass unsubbing, on par with a "strike" of sorts for Alliance players who finally give up on BFA?
    mechagnomes are pretty dope. ill make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblade2091 View Post
    Gnomes are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, and the fact that the Alliance will most likely be getting a goddamn CYBORG allied race is pretty rad. Mechagnomes are cool as hell.
    Right? Here, let me cut off my arms and legs, ears, and eyes/forehead and replace them with superior mechanical parts. Oh, also, we have a strong 50s raygun sci-fi aesthetic from the design of our parts to our hairstyles, and they animated our arms and legs to move less organically but still feel strong and durable.

Haters gonna hate, but damn if it isn't stupid for people to go around shrieking about 'muh lost potential.' What did you fools want, another human offshoot? Another elf? Orcs asspulled from the total abortion that was the Mag'har unlock scenario? And in the patch where half the content is about going to a rustpunk/clockpunk island that marries the best of goblin and gnome aesthetics with a rusty clockwork junkheap. Uh-huh.

Let's be real here, if you thought gnomes were gonna get skipped when it's pretty clear every race is getting an Allied Race redesign, I've got oceanfront property in Iowa with your name on it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Lightbringer
    When Mechagnomes are inevitably confirmed for an Alliance Allied Race, along with the Vulpera, there will be a shitstorm of anger from an already furious half of the playerbase.

Will the anger be enough to cause mass unsubbing, on par with a "strike" of sorts for Alliance players who finally give up on BFA?
    This has to be an attempt at trolling on your part, right? Or are you so disconnected from how players actually feel that you believe this?

The idea that actual, real-life, has-a-life, human being Alliance players "furious" is hilariously silly and completely false. There will be no "shitstorm". An extra race is an extra race. It's not like they're taking away NEs and replacing them with Mechagnomes or something, and the Horde getting the Vulpera means it's pretty much fair play.

I honestly hope, for your own sake, that you're joking about this. Otherwise, I think you might want to consider taking a break from the internet. It's just a bit worrying to actually believe this stuff.

I like the mechagnomes! Hopefull they come with a the new Tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Being an engineer isn’t even close to cutting off part of your skull or arms and legs to replace them with steel.
    As I said, the only thing missing is the robotics, but they have the thematic means through which gnomes could've enhanced themselves. Gnomes could've replaced their limbs with robotic parts too and it wouldn't be strange for one bit; in fact, it would feel very intrisic to their theme and lore. Mechagnomes bring absolutely, and I mean absolutely nothing new to the table.

A peg-leg human isn't a Lumberhuman.

The problem with mechagnomes is the same root problem that the allied race implementation has: most of them should just be expanded customization options for existing races.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    As I said, the only thing missing is the robotics, but they have the thematic means through which gnomes could've enhanced themselves. Gnomes could've replaced their limbs with robotic parts too and it wouldn't be strange for one bit; in fact, it would feel very intrisic to their theme and lore. Mechagnomes bring absolutely, and I mean absolutely nothing new to the table.

A peg-leg human isn't a Lumberhuman.
    the gnomes we have are culturally different as they have almost always been with the dwarfs and have molded there society to be part of the alliance. mechgnomes aren't the same they are just as distinct as say a blood elf to a night elf hell they are probably even further as they don't have the same link as the gnomes we have now.

Doubt it. If you're only playing one side, you're playing wrong. It may make more people play Horde more often but I doubt mechagnomes will cause mass unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Anyone who unsubscribes from WoW because of Mechagnomes is retarded. There are many good reasons to unsubscribe, but that isn't one.
    Couldn't agree more. People love to blow things way out of proportion.

Appealing to a small minority of players is not good business sense.
    You go tell 'em how it is done.

Yes, people will go on strike and quit, what question is that even? Haven't they apparently threatened to do / done over every little shit that displeases them? Like:

-shop mounts
    -shop pets
    -shop cosmetics
    -annual pass
    -LFG
    -LFR
    -10 man mythic
    -different raid difficulties
    -different dungeon difficulties
    -too easy heroics
    -too hard heroics
    -dailies
    -Pandaren
    -the way allied races are unlocked
    -titanforged
    -warforged
    -legionaries
    -AP
    -Heart of Azeroth
    -Garrisons
    -Mission tables
    -pet battles
    -gating
    -grinding
    -catch ups
    -lack of catch ups
    -flying
    -no flying
    -pathfinder
    -no flying zones after pathfinder
    -CMs being sarcastic
    -devs not listening
    -devs listening (but to the wrong people)
    -announcing mobile versions for other games that are not WoW (which means that WoW will go mobile)

...I am sure I missed a ton....

Certainly everyone will quit when there are the " inevitably confirmed" (by you) mechagnomes come.....just as people quit for the disrespect that Alliance got as proven by "less cinematics than Horde" (I am not making this up)

Also I am calling BS on a Mechagnome / Vulpera pairing - as I would call Mechagnomes and actual Allied race (aka a sub race) and Vulpera something new / different from anything we have.

Sethrak / Vulpera would be one pairing and Mechagnomes / something somthing Goblin / Giblin whatever would be another
    Last edited by det; 2019-05-20 at 09:25 PM.

the gnomes we have are culturally different as they have almost always been with the dwarfs and have molded there society to be part of the alliance. mechgnomes aren't the same they are just as distinct as say a blood elf to a night elf hell they are probably even further as they don't have the same link as the gnomes we have now.
    You didn't quite get my point; engineering and everything and anything mechanical is already the gnomes' forte. Adding another layer of said forte and wrapping it into an allied race is nothing new at all.

Magic gnomes or whatever would've been a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    You didn't quite get my point; engineering and everything and anything mechanical is already the gnomes' forte. Adding another layer of said forte and wrapping it into an allied race is nothing new at all.

Magic gnomes or whatever would've been a whole different story.
    adding in a comply new culture that takes engineering to an extreme the normal gnomes never have is more defiantly adding something new.

adding in a comply new culture that takes engineering to an extreme the normal gnomes never have is more defiantly adding something new.
    You can't rationalize away the fact that gnomes are statistically the least popular race on the Alliance. If you can't understand why people would be a little miffed that Blizzard adds "this thing that not many people like, but now with GEARS" then I'm not really sure what to tell you. And if they're paired with vulpera that just makes it even worse, as Horde would be getting something new and unique that a lot of people are excited about.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    You can't rationalize away the fact that gnomes are statistically the least popular race on the Alliance. If you can't understand why people would be a little miffed that Blizzard adds "this thing that not many people like, but now with GEARS" then I'm not really sure what to tell you. And if they're paired with vulpera that just makes it even worse, as Horde would be getting something new and unique that a lot of people are excited about.
    I have at no point have been talking about the statistic popularity of the race.

Herald of the Titans
    Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.
    You. Are. A. Fucking. Imbecile.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I call BS to that.

If horde gets Vulpera i want Sethrak.

If alliance gets mechagnomes, horde should get gilgoblins.

i've never wanted to play a gnome but would play a mechagnome character. just sayin
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...