Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mechagnomes: Alliance Playerbase to Go on Strike?

When Mechagnomes are inevitably confirmed for an Alliance Allied Race, along with the Vulpera, there will be a shitstorm of anger from an already furious half of the playerbase.

Will the anger be enough to cause mass unsubbing, on par with a "strike" of sorts for Alliance players who finally give up on BFA?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Mechagnomes but why the hell would anyone quit the game over a race that'll have like... 0.5% population?

Plus once they're out the Gnome Hyperfans will shut up about them becoming playable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who unsubscribes from WoW because of Mechagnomes is retarded. There are many good reasons to unsubscribe, but that isn't one.

"I don't like new thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I hate Mechagnomes but why the hell would anyone quit the game over a race that'll have like... 0.5% population?
    Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.
    The only thing Blizz hates is good storytelling. You can't tell me the Horde is happy that their Warchief is getting Garroshed again.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I dislike the lack of customization options for them. Like, you get one style of legs and arms, plus a few different hands and feet, all in a few colors. That's so... boring. There's also the whole "gear doesn't cover this part of them" thing that annoys the hell out of me with the Forsaken, and will be even worse with Mechagnomes.

I like the concept, but the execution? Not so much.

Story-wise, Alliance already feels dead in the water. 8.1 and 8.1.5 added almost nothing for what feels like an already concluded story as Sylvanas and the Horde keep being interesting (note that I said interesting, not good).

Mechagnomes are just a waste of development time IMO. Vulpera already have a fanbase so while I don't personally care about them, I can understand why they're being added and I think they're unique enough to justify a spot in the playable race roster.
    Mechagnomes are slight reskins of gnomes with horrifically bad-looking mechanical arms and legs attached on, some lenses and goggles for eyes and wacky hairstyles. Gnomes are already very unpopular, why the hell would they copy-paste an even uglier version of gnomes instead of coming up with something even moderately interesting?

I'm not currently subbed and have no plans to be, but mechagnomes would probably seal the deal on my mental sign-out from BfA. If they actually made them fully mechanical I'd be super on board, but their current design is horrendous and just downright ugly.

Plus once they're out the Gnome Hyperfans will shut up about them becoming playable.
    Gnome hyperfans will never shut up about anything.

Source: Like, the three people I've known that played gnomes ingame never shut the hell up about the fact that they play gnomes.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-20 at 06:46 PM.

Not every new race has to appeal to everyone. WoW was already plenty of races to choose from. Don't like it then you're lucky because you don't have to grind that rep to unlock new race you don't like. Unsubbing because you don't like the newest race added to the game seems childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Not every new race has to appeal to everyone. WoW was already plenty of races to choose from. Don't like it then you're lucky because you don't have to grind that rep to unlock new race you don't like. Unsubbing because you don't like the newest race added to the game seems childish.
    Appealing to a small minority of players is not good business sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda the point though, isn't it? They wasted all that dev time on a race almost no one will play, and they should have known almost no one will play it before they ever started working on it. because almost no one plays gnomes..
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-20 at 06:49 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Horde isn't getting Vulpera, we are getting Gilbins. Shitty goblins with gills.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    "I don't like new thing."
    *violently shakes cane*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Appealing to a small minority of players is not good business sense.
    boo hoo. Hopefully, unsubbing will help y'all get a life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That's kinda the point though, isn't it? They waste all that dev time on a race no one will fucking play.
    I think this gets to an interesting question honestly. Is Blizzard making Allied Races out of the content, or is Blizz making content to justify Allied Races?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    What am I gonna do, stop playing with my friends? I wish I could get them to switch to XIV but nope, they hate quality. They'll accept anything Blizzard does and defend it. Unfortunately I like them so gotta keep funding the company that gives us fat people and more horses as expansion features.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody forcing you or anybody to play a gnome or a mechagnome...why would anybody be mad about it?

Nothing new to see here, Alliance babies crying.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Nobody forcing you or anybody to play a gnome or a mechagnome...why would anybody be mad about it?
    Because Blizzard refuses to give people on Alliance what they want (High Elves/Vrykul/Sethrak/Broken) and continue to not give them what they want while instead doing their own thing and ignoring fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this gets to an interesting question honestly. Is Blizzard making Allied Races out of the content, or is Blizz making content to justify Allied Races?
    Irrelevant in either case, there's races people would have preferred, races they know people want, they could have given us Sethrak instead or something, something actually different and interesting, but no, let's get gnomes that no one will play... The extra effort required to make them an allied race instead of just another NPC race is still wasted no matter what.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.