Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Not every new race has to appeal to everyone. WoW was already plenty of races to choose from. Don't like it then you're lucky because you don't have to grind that rep to unlock new race you don't like. Unsubbing because you don't like the newest race added to the game seems childish.
    The issue is that Gnomes are already one of the least popular, if not THE least popular races in the game, and they give the Alliance a reskin? Like holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Nobody forcing you or anybody to play a gnome or a mechagnome...why would anybody be mad about it?
    Because there are other options that would have been better? Its potential being lost...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Because there are other options that would have been better? Its potential being lost...
    This.

This is a spit on the face of playing customers that want to be treated better. This development could've been put to better use: we'd rather have no content than bad content.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Irrelevant in either case, there's races people would have preferred, races they know people want, they could have given us Sethrak instead or something, something actually different and interesting, but no, let's get gnomes that no one will play.
    No actually it's very relevant.

You're looking at this from the standpoint of "Blizzard chooses Allied Races, then writes the content to justify that choice."

If Blizzard made Mechagon first because they wanted to tell a story about cyborg gnomes, then decided later they could make said gnomes an Allied Race, then the argument goes away entirely. It's not that we got Mechagnomes INSTEAD of something, it's that we got Mechagnomes because that's the story of BFA.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    When Mechagnomes are inevitably confirmed for an Alliance Allied Race, along with the Vulpera, there will be a shitstorm of anger from an already furious half of the playerbase.

Will the anger be enough to cause mass unsubbing, on par with a "strike" of sorts for Alliance players who finally give up on BFA?
    Wow, anyone who unsubs over something retardedly minor is definitely better off, and the game is better off without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ebaum ya bastard you just baited us. Ya'll abandon this thread he fishing again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think next allied race is most likely will be Jinyu and Gilbins

The Alliance is really getting shafted in the allied races department, there's no denying that. Mechagnomes only expand the existing gnomish theme through more extensive cybernetics, but that's about it. The current gnomes are essentially mechagnomes by default as tinkering, engineering and mechanical augmentation is already deeply rooted into their society.

Then again, the Vulpera aren't a good addition either (especially considering ogres and Mok'nathal are waiting in the que already), but at least they're no Mechagnome-level of addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread summarized: "STOP LIKIN THING. I NO LIKE SO U NO LIKE OK" JFC man, if you don't like mechagnomes don't unlock them. People will simper and whine over anything. Meanwhile the story and class design are a goddamn dumpster fire but nah fam, we need to complain about a completely optional race.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard refuses to give people on Alliance what they want (High Elves/Vrykul/Sethrak/Broken) and continue to not give them what they want while instead doing their own thing and ignoring fans.
    People like the idea of having them as allied race, ain't no alliance player demanding and screaming about anything...

Honestly midget races are always unpopular.
    Not only because who likes to be a midget but also because most gear doesnt show properly on them or even look nice.

And half of those that make em do it as a joke/gimmick because it looks weird that a shoe sized being is tanking gigantic bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hate them? I love them, they are so neat. All we need now are tinkers so I can fulfill my gnome class fantasy (and I already have two normal gnomes so tinker would be the perfect class for my new junker gnome!)

- - - Updated - - -

Because of symbolism for hatred against the Alliance by the devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ebaum ya bastard you just baited us. Ya'll abandon this thread he fishing again.
    Ooooooh. Right.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

"I got an extra option, but I do not like that option. Now I will quit, even though I would not have, had I not been given extra options whatsoever."

Yeah right.

Appealing to a small minority of players is not good business sense.
    True. But they have done it before.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is something literally no one should be upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    No actually it's very relevant.

You're looking at this from the standpoint of "Blizzard chooses Allied Races, then writes the content to justify that choice."
    No I'm not because it's not relevant.

It takes a lot of extra time and effort to turn a race into a playable race instead of just an NPC race, that time and effort was wasted on something almost no one will play. They could have spent that time and effort on something people will actually play instead.

Them wanting to tell a story about mechagnomes is irrelevant, they could have just left them as an NPC race and used the time and resources needed to make them into a playable race on something else.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-20 at 11:14 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The issue is that Gnomes are already one of the least popular, if not THE least popular races in the game, and they give the Alliance a reskin? Like holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagnomes are not a reskin they are more new then void elfs light forged and dark irons. There is also no post potential blizzard can add as many races As they like.

I would have liked a fully mechanical customization option but otherwise I think they are fine. What other gnome-based race would you have preferred, leper gnomes?

It's obvious they are doing an allied race variant of each core race. Gnomes were bound to happen eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Alliance is really getting shafted in the allied races department, there's no denying that. Mechagnomes only expand the existing gnomish theme through more extensive cybernetics, but that's about it. The current gnomes are essentially mechagnomes by default as tinkering, engineering and mechanical augmentation is already deeply rooted into their society.

Then again, the Vulpera aren't a good addition either (especially considering ogres and Mok'nathal are waiting in the que already), but at least they're no Mechagnome-level of addition.
    Being an engineer isn’t even close to cutting off part of your skull or arms and legs to replace them with steel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, and the fact that the Alliance will most likely be getting a goddamn CYBORG allied race is pretty rad. Mechagnomes are cool as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk why blizz wants to add an allied race that won't be played.

seems stupid from a marketing perspective.

whatever.