Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Or... out of the box here, Uninfected Gilneans, More Humans, with cockney Accents, and the Alliance's Favorite Mount... MOAR HORSES!! You know this will happen. Blizzard loves any reason to give alliance more horse mounts, and with "uninfected gilnean" all they had to do is use the code from Worgen Human form.
    The moar horses part is what hooked me. Go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well if they are to join any faction, they would need someway to calm their rage, just like the Gilnean worgen, so i would expect them to go through some kind of ritual, that alone could give them the ability to go back to the form they left behind so long ago.
    I would imagine these more bestial Worgen would undergo a modified form of the Tal'doren ritual that pacified their cousins, giving them back the ability to speak Common and/or not attack anything that moves - but the length of time and the more pronounced effect of the Pack form on them would make it so they could no longer change forms. Their physical form would be more canine than their counterparts - larger, bulkier, perhaps more hunched, with larger claws and fangs. More physically imposing but less versatile overall - unable to be Warlocks, Mages, or Priests due to their lack of focus and martial bent.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Forsaken is an easy one, because it's most likely Calia-related and linked to her resurrection and new form of Forsaken-ness (Lightforged Undead). She's being postponed in-game like the Mechagnomes were.

Worgen is the one that's strange. It's unlikely to be Kaldorei Worgen because we already have a Night Elf AR (Nightborne), so what will the Worgen one be?
    ..As little sense as it would make? -I'd love if it were Saberon.

Screw Lightforged or any kind of Alliance Undead, all I want is an Undead variant with no rotting. Whether that be the briefly teased Sanlayn, Dark Ranger or even something like Nathanos. The Nathanos Human style Undead is more likely at this point, since there are already two races using the High Elf model.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Screw Lightforged or any kind of Alliance Undead, all I want is an Undead variant with no rotting. Whether that be the briefly teased Sanlayn, Dark Ranger or even something like Nathanos. The Nathanos Human style Undead is more likely at this point, since there are already two races using the High Elf model.
    Pretty sure that the Human Undead you're looking for IS the Lightforged Undead.

Nathanos has to be Special because he's the next leader after Sylvanas, so he needs a super special model just like her. I bet they'll never give Regular Forsaken a human option.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    If I were in charge for a day, Drust-Wicker-Constructs for the Horde, and Alliance gets Sethrek...somehow.
    Hmm I had not considered this before but your mention of the Drust has me thinking they would be a more interesting (to me) AR for the Forsaken than Sanlayns or the theoretical Holy Undead (for the Horde). I think the Gorak Tul/Waycrest Manor art aesthetic would fit in with the Forsaken. Something like Lord and Lady Waycrest or maybe the female would be like the witches. Get that blue/black ghost/skeleton kind of combination to look different enough from Lodaeron Forsakens but also avoid the wickerman look so as to not step on the toes of the KulTiran Druid forms?

I picture the wicker-golems from the area, fused with the Drust souls from Thros.

I wonder the sheer amount of rage that will happen if Horde get the human model like Alliance got the blood elf model (didn't see as much rage about this: guessing it's because despite being most played, Horde Fanboys aren't attached to Elves the way Ally is Humans)

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Hozen have a crouched posture which makes armor design fitting onto them VERY difficult compared to other races. It's comparable to doing Naga or centaur. Thematically, there's also a lot less to do with the Hozen.
    They have built in robes, boots, bracers, shoulders, and cloaks, I'm pretty sure. Not player geosets, but they were designed with the right kinds of gear in mind. Though they would look pretty fucking weird compared to most races, being monkeys and all.

Pretty sure that the Human Undead you're looking for IS the Lightforged Undead.

Nathanos has to be Special because he's the next leader after Sylvanas, so he needs a super special model just like her. I bet they'll never give Regular Forsaken a human option.
    Well, yeah, unless Sylvanas gets more Val'kyr, Nathanos-like undead make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They have built in robes, boots, bracers, shoulders, and cloaks, I'm pretty sure. Not player geosets, but they were designed with the right kinds of gear in mind. Though they would look pretty fucking weird compared to most races, being monkeys and all.
    Still better than Gnomes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I picture the wicker-golems from the area, fused with the Drust souls from Thros.
    I wish the Horde got more in that area to learn about. I'm not going to create an Ally toon to learn it in game but I have really little idea what is going on on the KT side of the story.

I wonder the sheer amount of rage that will happen if Horde get the human model like Alliance got the blood elf model (didn't see as much rage about this: guessing it's because despite being most played, Horde Fanboys aren't attached to Elves the way Ally is Humans)
    I don't have any interest in more elves or humans and definitely not a "less" corpsey looking Undead as the AR counterpart to the Forsaken.

If others are then more power too them. For me if you want to play a Human or human adjacent Elf there are 3 definite contenders (maybe 4 if you count the non-wolf Worgens but who really thinks about that?) before a toned down version of the only playable zombies.

So I am not keen on Holy Undeads or Nathanos-all-but-human-with-glowy-eyes undead (damn I guess it's 5 counting Human DKs).
    Sanlayns are also pretty dull, they could flesh them out a bit (snicker), but the Wrath style did not look super different from a Belf, so that would be a third form of Belf running around.
    The proposed Nelf undeads from Darkshore also fall into this "too many elf" thing for me plus the story there is quite a stretch joining the Horde. I guess the Nelf undeads could be Alliance undeads but that whole thing really throws a wrench in Alliance revulsion of the Forsaken (DKs did this long ago too so I guess shrug?).

Somehow forming a bond with the Drust type undeads as they are an adversary of the Kul Tirans (right?) feels more logical. I guess ultimately that is another undead human type though like I said taking the Waycrest Lord and Lady as a blueprint they feel different enough from KulTirans.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2019-05-21 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, yeah, unless Sylvanas gets more Val'kyr, Nathanos-like undead make no sense.

Still better than Gnomes though.
    I should add, they have animations for mounting, jumping, monks, most weapon types, and so on. They actually have a very well-animated model, though not designed to be played. If they could somehow port the animations to a player-ready model, the majority of their work would be done.

And now that the Zandalari are in the Horde, and Zul's dead, we might be able to pull some in.
    It's because Zul is dead that it would not happen. It was Zul the one who lied them to help him create a new Zandalari Empire behind Rastakhan's back. And when the plan failed, he turned to G'huun.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    I think you're misremembering because I have never seen a hozen in a robe and only thrir preexisting armor can be slotted onto them atm
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Undead vs. Worgen 2.0: Lightbound Undead for Alliance and Saberon for the Horde?

You are also missing the Pandaria pair as well.
    Probably Ankoan (Jinyu 2.0) for Alliance and Mogu for the Horde.
    yeah that would make more sense.

I believe the last two Allied Race group match ups are.

(Alliance) The Redeemed Undead Lead by Calia Menethil Vs (Horde) Bloodmane Saberon lead by Leorajh
    (Alliance) Rustbolt Junker Gnomes lead by Prince Erazmin Vs (Horde) Unshackled Gilblins lead by Neri Sharpfin

10+ Year Old Account

Mogu use a draenei skeleton though which is considerably less work to update to fit armor onto.

And now that the Zandalari are in the Horde, and Zul's dead, we might be able to pull some in since they're so desperate for a homeland.
    The Mogu were never fond of the Zandalari; they considered them weaklings and means to an end at every step.

Meanwhile, the Hozen are just straight-up allied with the Horde.

Hozen have a crouched posture which makes armor design fitting onto them VERY difficult compared to other races. It's comparable to doing Naga or centaur. Thematically, there's also a lot less to do with the Hozen.
    Tauren and Worgen have crouched postures too. The Hozen's default quadrupedal stance wouldn't be all that difficult to overcome, seeing as they can still wear all the requisite armor pieces, unlike Naga who have no realistic way to wear pants or boots, neverminding that female naga have four arms.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Just wait, We will see Draenor Kilrathi i mean Khajiit Saberon as Worgen allied race, They already hate the Orcs, plus Alliance players will have another Furry race to counter Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The Mogu were never fond of the Zandalari; they considered them weaklings and means to an end at every step.

Meanwhile, the Hozen are just straight-up allied with the Horde.

Tauren and Worgen have crouched postures too. The Hozen's default quadrupedal stance wouldn't be all that difficult to overcome, seeing as they can still wear all the requisite armor pieces, unlike Naga who have no realistic way to wear pants or boots, neverminding that female naga have four arms.

1. I think it's important to note that despite the Zandalari and Mogu both planning to backstab each other they never did in ancient times because of just how well they worked together back then.

2. One tribe of forest hozen with a leader named 'Chief Kah kah' joined the Horde, they're not well modeled for playable races, and don't contribute much to the ongoing narrative, and barely live past twenty lorewise. They work much better as a nonplayable comic relief 'buddy' race.

Think about it

Orcs-Mag'har ; Humans-Kul'tirans
    Tauren-Highmountain ; Dwarves-Darkirons
    Darkspear-Zandalari ; Draenei-Lightforged
    Belfs-Nightborne ; Nelfs-Void Elves (Yeah nelfs were kinda cheated out of having a meaningful connection)

If the next rumors are correct about Goblins-Vulpera and Gnomes-Mechagnomes is true, then who does that leave?

Forsaken and Worgen, and MAYBE Pandaren.

Now Worgen or Tushui Pandaren can recruit Ankoan/Jinyu without too much work, Genn works with them in 8.2 apparently, and both Worgen/Ankoan are all about vengeance against a Queen they hate. Tushui can be friendly with Jinyu seamlessly.

But how would the Forsaken recruit Hozen? Riko and Kiryn shipping can only go so far. Huojin could recruit Hozen possibly, but the other problems still remain.

Mogu However? Mogu have spiritbinding magic and fleshshaping magic which would both be VERY useful to the Forsaken. Recruiting a typically villainous group like the Mogu would work much better for the Forsaken, especially since the Island expeditions revealed there's a bunch of mogu "Necrolords" around in hidden vaults.

3. No, neither tauren nor worgen are 'crouched' they have a hunched back, like orcs used to have and Darkspear and forsaken still do. MUCH easier to work with because it doesn't cause a mess with the legs.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it ends up being, i just hope it isn't some form of undead elf, especially San'layn. I'm not sure Twilight is ready to be dethroned from the Throne of Cringe just yet, even if it would easily out-meme "human potential".

Personally, i'm hoping Saberon for horde, so we can get the whole Cats vs Dogs thing going.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯