Italian unions refuse to load Saudi ship in protest over Yemen war

Well good, I'm glad people are starting to catch on and the Saudi's genocide war is finally being held to some account. Not nearly to the level I would like, but if we are talking bad actors in the middle east I would put the Saudi Arabia monarchy near the top of that list.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/...ignments-Genoa

Italian unions have refused to load electricity generators onto a Saudi Arabian ship with weapons consignments on board in protest against the Riyadh regime’s aggression on Yemen that has left thousands of innocent people dead or injured over the past four years.

Union workers in the Italian port city of Genoa refused to load two generators aboard the Bahri Yanbu vessel on Monday, saying that the weapons on the Saudi ship contravened a United Nations treaty and might be used against civilians in Yemen.

"We will not be complicit in what is happening in Yemen," union leaders said in a statement, with port officials confirming that the generators were blocked on the quay.

Some protesters and human rights activists also gathered at the port, carrying banners that read, "No to war."
    The worst part about the internet is that it let the truly crazy, racist, and bigots find each other easily.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Good for them. More people need to stand up to Saudi Arabia.

Epic!
    More power to them. It wouldn't be needed if international diplomacy was doing it's job with regard to some of the Saudi actions, but since it's not, it's good to see people who care enough to actually put themselves out against it.

Translation: Italian unions demand extra Saudi bribe money, before they load the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Translation: Italian unions demand extra Saudi bribe money, before they load the ships.
    More then likely... I find it hard to believe they care one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    More then likely... I find it hard to believe they care one way or the other.
    The weapons were probably manufactured by unionized labor.
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    You do realize its probably a different union?

Can hardly call it a genocide war. US killed way more civilians in all of its wars whether in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam. Oh and let's not talk about WWII and what all nations did then. Suddenly when others go to war we start to expect and demand 0 civilian casualties or suffering but when we're at war, well then, nukes are good option if it means shorter war and so does fire bombing cities!! It's all just masturbation, we need to feel righteous but only when it's not our war lol.

its crazy how all these right wing governments the "nationalist" get in power by slamming islam and saying there going to ban islam and whatnot, and yet they all turn out to be financially indebted to saudi arabia, i guess most nationalist dont know the difference nor care that saudi arabia is more dangerous than any terrorist cell or group because they consider them all just bad muslims anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    what would you mean? i doubt there is even a single big factory without unions in italy...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-05-22 at 09:55 AM.

Nice Post.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome Post