Thread: Stress Test

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Had some fun. Made a human mage. Figured out how to steal the defias mobs in the starting zone without grouping. Got to level 5. Learned how to jump on top of a chimney at the goldshire inn. Participated in Hogger raids. Made well over a thousand conjured water and gave it away for free to random people. Waved at some hordies. Jumped through a wall in Stormwind which sent me underneath it. Jumped in a hole in the world which left me perpetually falling for 5 minutes so I logged off.

Haven't gotten beta but I got the stress test and played for a bit, made me realize just how much I need my addons to be happy lol, I just cannot stand stock UI. It's fun though, to those of you looking forward to playing you'll enjoy it more than you realize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How moronic is is, that Blizzard does a stress test, between 01:00 and 03:00 on a Thursday??

Who do they think will participate? The server won't really be stressed, when all seven players login..
    tmw I went to login and I was #3000+ in the Q lol

I think someone is forgetting that we are talking about wow players here. We shape our lives around the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Blizz could have made it monday morning from 08:00 to 08:30 and 50k people who called out of work/skipped school would have been waiting to login at 07:59
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-05-23 at 10:34 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    How moronic is is, that Blizzard does a stress test, between 01:00 and 03:00 on a Thursday??

Who do they think will participate? The server won't really be stressed, when all seven players login..
    If u look at my earlier post, u can see it was packed.
    Not sure if u know, but PTR/Beta servers are all US based
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

im not a streamer and i dont have beta acces, yet i was able to create a char after 30 mins just fine i was even in before asmongold. you guys watch to many conspiracy movies.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How moronic is it that someone considers their timezone the only one.

You're so ignorant here it isn't even funny.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Tried for about 45 last night before calling it quists. Logged in this morning without a hitch. Only issue seen so far, is layering happening mid-cast, so your original targetted mob (and all others for that matter) fades out, before a host of mobs and other players fade in. Could be nasty if it happens while you're clearing your way through a cave and have stopped to regain hp/mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what was the WORST part about the whole stress test???

they capped the players at level 5, instead of 6.

so you could not get all your skills form the starting zone trainer.
    which is 3 extra new skills.

would have made those world pvp battles much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    you know what was the WORST part about the whole stress test???

they capped the players at level 5, instead of 6.

so you could not get all your skills form the starting zone trainer.
    which is 3 extra new skills.

would have made those world pvp battles much more fun.
    The criminals. I agree completely

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely nothing to be mad about after this blue post

Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to everyone who’s tried to log in during the Stress Test time frame.
    We know that it was, well… stressful, that not everyone could log in and get some gameplay in.

For those who didn’t manage to log in to the Stress Test realm, I’d like to remind you that you should still be able to play until 03:00 CEST (in the morning) on May 24.

The true purpose of any stress test is to push things to the limit, and that you did.
    Your interest and enthusiasm for Classic is as contagious as the Corrupted Blood incident, and both we and Hakkar love you for it.

Thanks for being part of this incredibly passionate Classic community, and for helping us prepare for a great launch.
    Basically they aknowledged our "stress" for trying to login for 2 entire hours.
    And you can play right now if you want.

Guys...you didnt miss anything important. Neither did i.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's been something of a drip feed of players so far it seems like.

Will proably stay like that. I just hope getting into the Stress Test doesn't preclude you from the Beta.
    I made to to Level25 in the last 2 Days and oh boy does the Beta could use more people. It feels really empty and its kind of a pain to find Groups for Dungeons and EliteQuests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they literally fucking said "this is a stress test, it will break it will be unplayable, atleast for 2 hours."

welcome to stress tests

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to get in, attacked a mob, dced
    I know EXACTLY WTF was said. I get it, but what you don't get while being a Blizz shill is that me and almost everyone else could not make it past character creation ALL NIGHT. I started spamming to get in and was ready to go the moment the server went live and yet here I look at my twitch to see every entitled streamer who had beta access from day 1 get in and run a little race all around azeroth with ZERO issues. And then Blizzard throws them a little party in Elwynn forest by spawning C'thun, Onyxia, and Rag.

Yet the unwashed masses couldn't get 5 minutes in game. There is no coincidence here, it is clear at this point beta players had priority for fun and games while the rest of us wasted HOURS staring at a queue.

What don't you get FelPlague?

FFS it isn't much but for the love of god they should have given normal beta players the night off so us plebs could at lest take a little stroll through. It is not much to ask. Seems like common sense that it would have been a nice gesture to the community instead of catering to streamers. I unfollowed every last one after last night.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

The stress test is to test the servers and crash them. if you couldnt log in, congrats, you did your part. Some of you are absolutely pathetic thinking that it was about playing your actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Basically they aknowledged our "stress" for trying to login for 2 entire hours.
    And you can play right now if you want.

Guys...you didnt miss anything important. Neither did i.
    I was one of the ones who tried for two hours only to be "character creation timed out", I’m not irate about being stuck and unable to play, but I was also not satisfied by the experience whatsoever. It would have been nice to have a little clarity beforehand about what we should expect, and while it’s great that people were able to stream it, that experience just made it even more frustrating to be stuck.

People are really angry over a stress test.

Like...damn.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    I was one of the ones who tried for two hours only to be "character creation timed out", I’m not irate about being stuck and unable to play, but I was also not satisfied by the experience whatsoever. It would have been nice to have a little clarity beforehand about what we should expect, and while it’s great that people were able to stream it, that experience just made it even more frustrating to be stuck.
    Yeah i was also frustrated...but what did we miss exactly? Nothing, thats what we have missed.

The blue post aknowledged us people who spent 2 hours trying to login.
    I was mad at the first blue post because they werent aknowledging us.
    Not anymore after reading the second blue post.

Anyone else noticed some kind of sharding going on on the stress realm?
    I've had a mob that I was fighting disappear and respawing next to me.

Layering should be permanent so it should not happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

Yeah, it shouldnt in theory...REPORT!

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    People are really angry over a stress test.

Like...damn.
    The testresults point to them being stressed.

Test succesfull...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I know EXACTLY WTF was said. I get it, but what you don't get while being a Blizz shill is that me and almost everyone else could not make it past character creation ALL NIGHT. I started spamming to get in and was ready to go the moment the server went live and yet here I look at my twitch to see every entitled streamer who had beta access from day 1 get in and run a little race all around azeroth with ZERO issues. And then Blizzard throws them a little party in Elwynn forest by spawning C'thun, Onyxia, and Rag.

Yet the unwashed masses couldn't get 5 minutes in game. There is no coincidence here, it is clear at this point beta players had priority for fun and games while the rest of us wasted HOURS staring at a queue.

What don't you get FelPlague?

FFS it isn't much but for the love of god they should have given normal beta players the night off so us plebs could at lest take a little stroll through. It is not much to ask. Seems like common sense that it would have been a nice gesture to the community instead of catering to streamers. I unfollowed every last one after last night.
    Well then play now, it has been open since and is still going for another 6 hours

so have fun, ive been leveling one of every class to level 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

We were speculating in game it may be layers merging as they get too empty.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)