Thread: Stress Test

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    barely anyone in the oceanic community has an invite, at least not enough to stress test a server. So it's kinda weird on blizz to do this.
    I got an oceanic one *shrug*

Like the OP stated though, I'll be at work when it matters.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah that's a load of bunk. Server is even staying open until tomorrow evening for people without beta accessv to play.

What happened here was Blizzard threw EVERYONE at the login server and character creation server. To test what it'll be like the first two hours of day 1. And, unsurprisingly for Blizzard and Vanilla Wow, everything failed spectacularly.

Now Blizz gets to look at why it failed and hopefully August whatever it was everything goes smoothly thanks to our pain today.
    I dont know anyone who was able to create the character in the first 1.5 hours of server being up without beta access, I gave up after and didnt try.

Yeah, server is supposed to be up for people to play for another ~22 hours, but it's been almost an hour since beta server has gone up and stress test is still down. Please stop making excuses for Blizzard. What they did here is inexcusable.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I dont know anyone who was able to create the character in the first 1.5 hours of server being up without beta access, I gave up after and didnt try.

Yeah, server is supposed to be up for people to play for another ~22 hours, but it's been almost an hour since beta server has gone up and stress test is still down. Please stop making excuses for Blizzard. What they did here is inexcusable.
    Bro, it's a stress test. The point of it is to test the servers, not the gameplay.

Is it annoying that they had a lack of communication? Sure, but attempting to play a stress test then being upset when you can't play is honestly kind of dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Bro, it's a stress test. The point of it is to test the servers, not the gameplay.

Is it annoying that they had a lack of communication? Sure, but attempting to play a stress test then being upset when you can't play is honestly kind of dumb.
    Stop making excuses please. The ability for people with only stress test access was deliberately disabled. I'm not upset that I couldnt play, at all. I was going to get lvl 5 in 30 minutes and log off anyway. I wasted 1.5 hours of my time instead before my guildies were able to figure out the issue.

EDIT: To clarify, I would've come to test even if they told us that they're just testing login servers.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2019-05-23 at 02:48 AM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Stop making excuses please. The ability for people with only stress test access was deliberately disabled. I'm not upset that I couldnt play, at all. I was going to get lvl 5 in 30 minutes and log off anyway. I wasted 1.5 hours of my time instead before my guildies were able to figure out the issue.
    People with beta access had priority most likely sure, but there were definitely people without beta access on the stress test. There were probably more people in Northshire than there are on BfA.

Like dude, sure it's annoying but getting upset over a stress test is a bit ridiculous. Also, it's not even like the stress test is over. They're keeping the server up until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    As somebody who is a server admin myself, killing a server doesn't give me metrics at all. At least none that are visible.

I want to push a server to see how much it can take, not kill it right off the bat. That tells me literally nothing. I don't know what it's max capabilities are, I just no whatever they are aren't high enough.
    I believe the test is to kill the server, and how fast they can get it back up and operational.

EDIT: To clarify, I would've come to test even if they told us that they're just testing login servers.
    You would have attempted to log in for two hours knowing that all you'd do is stare at a login screen? Ok. Most people wouldn't do that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You would have attempted to log in for two hours knowing that all you'd do is stare at a login screen? Ok. Most people wouldn't do that lol.
    I just played retail in-between attempts. If this info makes it better for everyone at lunch then it was not a total loss of 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just played retail in-between attempts. If this info makes it better for everyone at lunch then it was not a total loss of 2 hours
    I highly doubt it would and I don't think that was their intent, if so it was retarded. If they wanted to simply flood the login servers then there are other ways to do that.

Finally got in BOYS

After one timed out...changed race...timed out....GOT IN.

Lol ofc not.

Good news - I just tried again and was able to create a character.

Bad news - World Server is down.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    lots of people could make a character and log in without being a streamer. thats my counter argument
    obviously i think most people are saying its odd none of the mainstream people had any trouble, wowhead literally were theo nly ones inj for a good 5 mins
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    obviously i think most people are saying its odd none of the mainstream people had any trouble
    No point trying to reason with apologists.

They probably thought season 8 of GoT was great.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lol ofc not.
    That's about all I needed to see here. Case closed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hopefully they update us on what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hopefully they update us on what happened.
    Either way we're probably more likely to get into at least the next stress test, which will hopefully go a bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's about all I needed to see here. Case closed.
    Nothing would have changed. Login queue was almost non existant after 25 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Been trying since the stress test started. At this point i've got 2 characters created but get a "World server is down" error message. Thinking it's bedtime for me.

I've just been getting "World server is down" for a while now