Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Idea's to make Classic's raid "Harder"

TLR This is after players have cleared it already, ways that the top guilds can challenge themselves much like the ironman challenge its similar to gimping one's self in order to do something harder.

Less people is basically the first thing that comes to mind, entering Naxx with 20 players and clearing it would be an achievement.. not sure if its possible however.
    1-10% mob damage/hp buff i wonder if this would even be possible because you'd want to adjust all the skill damage as well.. but it'd be too much work so perhaps a "players deal 1-10% less damage and take 1-10% more damage"
    I also believe players will speed run the raids on their own and likely have timer addons so that blizzard adding one wouldn't be much use.

I do think the player damage taken/reduced output would be the best thing blizzard could do to tune up the classic raids harder.
    And i think if the dev's were up for it scaling Karazhan to 60 would be awesome.. and the line i'd personally draw on extra content, anything else would just be scaling down the next expansion of content and by then a server for it would be better, but it would be interesting to see the Wow dev's model Karazhan the way they wanted/would've wanted to do back then perhaps including the entire place.

Now i understand some people don't want to think ahead or have any changes and of course i don't suggest these during the play cycle or even 6 months after their release i'm talking about when most people have done raids already and guilds are looking at timed runs at that stage, but i thought about having a player debuff being the best and easiest thing from a dev point of view to put into classic and should at least tell somebody else so that in 3 years time maybe it gets repeated to the right person.

(I loathe beta's i hate losing progress but i'm so hyped i almost want to play the beta!!)
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

No. No changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nop, so many years asking for Vanilla Style servers to blow it up like this.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

If you find it easy, you can always run with less ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    When are people going to understand "Classic" means just fucking that. Classic.

Not "Classic" with bonus bits. Not "Classic" with extra content shoved in. Not Classic with QoL changes (as much as I want them) and improved graphics.

Classic is fucking Classic. As it was. No changes.

When will people stop making these shitty threads and realise it isn't going to happen.
    Sadly never. And it will only get worse once ppl start playing it and feel that they are entitled to some adjustments for their own enjoyment!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I know

I mean, I personally want some changes to the game. I would like some QoL improvements and such, but for me to ask for them, mean the actual Classic game will change, so it is no longer actually Classic, which defeats the purpose of the thing people have been asking for, for years.

All shitty threads like this do, is make my blood boil with all honesty. I swear, half the excitement is from a *fanbase* that seems to think Classic WoW is more of some kind of expansion launch, than a revistation of the original game, and means they can demand changes to everything.

Jesus.
    I'll bet cold hard cash that within 2 months of launch there will be one of those Last Jedi or Game of Thrones style petitions about remaking Classic with [insert convenience bullshit here]. Once the majority of the hypetrain playerbase realizes what they're in for, we're gonna hear about it. Won't take long at all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AIBot View Post
    If you find it easy, you can always run with less ppl.
    Or with less gear! Or no buffs/food/potions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    I'll bet cold hard cash that within 2 months of launch there will be one of those Last Jedi or Game of Thrones style petitions about remaking Classic with [insert convenience bullshit here]. Once the majority of the hypetrain playerbase realizes what they're in for, we're gonna hear about it. Won't take long at all.
    Or the opposite of convenience: people asking for hard modes/increases in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Or the opposite of convenience: people asking for hard modes/increases in difficulty.
    Good point. I bet a good percentage of the playerbase thinks Achievements launched with the game. It'll actually be really fascinating to see what the complaints end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Rather run with it less people => Less loot competition.

For me raids are impossible. Cause I can't raid solo in classic. Can't be harder than that

thanks god people like you dont have any power at blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    No. No changes.
    I am sorry, but too late.

Run Naxx40 without stacking World Buffs and Flasks, maybe that will be hard enough for the top guilds?
    Pretty sure I read a post from 2006 from a Mage being rather upset that Loatheb was impossible without all the casters using Flask of Supreme Power and several World Buffs, as those buffs alone are more powerful than your entire geared character.
    But hey, Classic is ezclap.

easy: "heroic modes" -- most of the work is done ( the art, the gameplay, the items, etc. ), all blizz would have to do is refine some stats and maybe add or delete a mechanic or two to each encounter (hell, maybe even a timer, i 'unno) and then, if they want, slightly buff the loot. whether you want it or not is not what the OP asked, he's detailing on HOW such changes would come to be in the best way possible. and we have an easy paradigm to point to -- heroics.

if not that, then reshaping world spaces or empty places within the world and add some enemies / bosses, and boom: new raid. or, you know, whatever. stuff like that.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

10+ Year Old Account
    In before all the:

NO CHANGES!!!

BURN THE WITCH!!!

THE GRASS IN MOVING?!!! IT IS ALL RUINED!!!

-_-

You know, you close minded zealots...

This can happen on a different server type. Say... "Classic Plus".

While the old ones remain as they were. And everyone will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    In before all the:

NO CHANGES!!!

BURN THE WITCH!!!

THE GRASS IN MOVING?!!! IT IS ALL RUINED!!!

-_-

You know, you close minded zealots...

This can happen on a different server type. Say... "Classic Plus".

While the old ones remain as they were. And everyone will be happy.
    Then we need Classic Plus+, Classic Exterme Edition, Classic Basic edition etc etc.

People are playing classic largely because they've lost faith in Blizzard's ability to make decisions that they enjoy, so asking blizzard to create new content is counter-intuitive to that mindset.

Easy, play specs that are "bad" in a raiding environment. You know, the method people have used since the beginning of games to make them more challenging and worth replaying.

Yeah done that in the past when was bored (after raid) and waiting for content:

Was fun must admit, but took loooooong.

Aka - you can do your own challanges, dont need them being made into the game.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-21 at 06:17 PM.