Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im sorry but i was extremely mad when made this thread.
    I came out of a WoW gaming session of getting my ass handed to me non stop in duels (playing Outlaw rogue).
    The difference from Outlaw and Assass is day and night.

Some guy with 370 ilvl daggers Assass rogue was powning a Warrior with 210k health.

The same warrior who ive lost to with him at 100% life.

Game is completely unbalanced...and is not healthy for my mind considering WoW a "fighting game".
    I should just stop doing it.
    stop the doom and gloom man, the game is not balanced around DUELS dude, or 2v2. Having said that, what it IS balanced around (3v3) is in fact in horrible shape with this longing shit meta and void stone being in the game. maledict is fine, lots of counterplay, but its not bad to play rogue at all. RPS, RMPal, RMP, Thugcleave, SubFrostP, RWD etc etc tons of comps Rogue is thriving in

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    stop the doom and gloom man, the game is not balanced around DUELS dude, or 2v2. Having said that, what it IS balanced around (3v3) is in fact in horrible shape with this longing shit meta and void stone being in the game. maledict is fine, lots of counterplay, but its not bad to play rogue at all. RPS, RMPal, RMP, Thugcleave, SubFrostP, RWD etc etc tons of comps Rogue is thriving in
    Riddle me this (for example)

Why should i play Sub rogue or Outlaw Rogue? If there is absolutely no difference between specs apart from more damage assassination has?

Sub rogue: Has the ability to triple Cheap Shot...guess what Assassination can also triple cheap shot and has 100% more damage. Sub can triple CS whenever he wants...but why should i play Sub if the ONLY thing "fun" from the spec is Shadowy Duel?
    Outlaw rogue: Has the ability to...do pitiful damage...and has absolutely no "fun gamplay" whatsoever

As you can see, there is PITIFUL differences between all rogue specs...with Assassination being overpowered in damage

The riddle is: Why should i play Sub? Why should i play Outlaw? If there is absolutely no "class identity" between specs?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I agree that pvp is in dire straits overall, but as a rogue you really are getting the worst of the expansion. Rolling one of the OP specs is always an option. It's just not a good expansion to play rogue in pvp.
    LMAO what are you talking about? Stop taking crack cause it aint good for ya. Rogue is still great class for PvP even in this meh expansion. Rogue is actually amazing right now, one of the top classes. The bleeds, the burst, the STUNS!!! like no other class and toolkit to run away and reset is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    toolkit to run away and reset is phenomenal.
    Wishful thinking. Assassination is by no means unviable, and sub can still be a CC bot (with pathetic damage), but if you think the class as a whole is amazing for pvp right now you don't play other classes nor do you remember previous expansions. Rogue as a class has hit rock bottom in BfA, whether you like to accept that or not.

I come from a "fighting game" background. I love PvP in all games.
    BfA happens to be absolute garbage and the worst PvP game i've ever played.

Reasons:

1) I need to play what Blizzard wants me to play
    As a rogue i MUST play assassination for example. A friggin RPG and i NEED to play what Blizzards wants me to play.
    I want to be able to pick the spec i like to play and be somewhat viable, but no, complete and utter garbage all other specs.

2)Customization is dead
    50% nerf to all azerite traits destroyed all customization.
    Talent TREES? Non existent. We MUST play what Blizzard wants us to play because only one choice of talents is viable.

3)Game completely unbalanced

Rant:
    I dont remember the PvP situation being THIS bad in any other expansion.
    I remember having fun in almost all specs ive played before.
    The people behind the PvP design should be fired.
    They are playing God in deciding what is viable and what is not. They create the meta, not the players. The players have no choice but to play the meta Blizzard created...because 90% of specs/talents/azerites are useless.

TLDR: I hate BfA's PvP. As a "fighting game" it is a complete failure.
    Well, either you have amnesia or you had never played wotlk/cata/draenor. Current pvp balance is ideal compaired to what was happening back in all wotlk seasons. Back in time you HAD have a fotm class / spec if you wanna play pvp plus you had to have pve gear with pve stats (arp, for instance, was completely broken). And pvp opening in cata was just ridiculous, oh sweet colossus + mortal combo, oneshotting every target excluding holypalas.

The problem with PvP in BfA isn't balance. The problem is the rewards are horrible, especially for unranked PvP.

Unless one loves the PvP for itself, there's little reason to engage in it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I agree that pvp is in dire straits overall, but as a rogue you really are getting the worst of the expansion. Rolling one of the OP specs is always an option. It's just not a good expansion to play rogue in pvp.
    Lollllll you’re trolling. Mut rogue is strong af rn RMPala is the best comp in the game atm.

Is There any reason at all doing rnd bgs if you have your gear maxed out?

Haven't touched pvp in a long time and i would be really interested if there was any reason for doing rnd bgs or if it's all about rbgs and arenas now.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Lollllll you’re trolling. Mut rogue is strong af rn RMPala is the best comp in the game atm.

The only reason you exist is to press kidney every 30 seconds until the smooth-brained fire mage does his thing

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Is There any reason at all doing rnd bgs if you have your gear maxed out?

Haven't touched pvp in a long time and i would be really interested if there was any reason for doing rnd bgs or if it's all about rbgs and arenas now.
    Only for fun.

Undergeared players would get 5 shot by you...

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole pvp aspect of the game is balanced around Arenas, where do you think Versatility came from? Resilience. That was a thing back in the day during TBC, because in Arenas it was basically a requirement to have it or your dead. Now the meta is, has, and will always be from the 3v3 bracket, thats how they measure things.

20 min queues on 2.1k mmr ..amazing devs

Is this a joke?
    Mongo melees crying about pvp? Try playing a non mage caster in pvp.
    "I agree that pvp is in dire straits overall, but as a rogue you really are getting the worst of the expansion." like what is this??? The only class that could beat retardins in 1v1 are somehow the worst this expansion? Guaranteed rbg spots, guaranteed arena slots in any bracket in almost any comp, the absolute freedom to do what they like in wpvp.

I would legitimately pay money to watch some of you mongo melee players try to play something like a shadow priest in 2v2 arena skirmishes or rated 3's.

I really enjoyed Legion PVP. Stat templates were great, and I could immediately focus on nothing but PVP.

BFA has been a step back for sure.

That being said, I've learned to enjoy PVP from other games/titles, mostly PUBG and Rainbow Six Siege.

WoW seems to be having an identity crisis at the moment. They're trying to force all players to participate in all content instead of letting players play the game how they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I really enjoyed Legion PVP. Stat templates were great, and I could immediately focus on nothing but PVP.

BFA has been a step back for sure.

That being said, I've learned to enjoy PVP from other games/titles, mostly PUBG and Rainbow Six Siege.

WoW seems to be having an identity crisis at the moment. They're trying to force all players to participate in all content instead of letting players play the game how they want to.
    TBH IMHO WoD was even on a better way there, really. For the 1st time in a decade they were littereally able to balance the game (not that they did, but they were ABLE to).
    There were no bonker situation with stats templates, talents were simple enough, gear stopped playing a role.
    It was a really good spot to start balancing the game, really good. Class design was more than decent too. Personally I played and enoyed something over HALF of available specs with great pleasure.
    Legion FK up with stat templates, separated PvP talents and especially on class design. WoD did it just better.

PvP balance has always been wonky, but trash players love to use any excuse possible.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

I come from a "fighting game" background. I love PvP in all games.
    BfA happens to be absolute garbage and the worst PvP game i've ever played.

Reasons:

1) I need to play what Blizzard wants me to play
    As a rogue i MUST play assassination for example. A friggin RPG and i NEED to play what Blizzards wants me to play.
    I want to be able to pick the spec i like to play and be somewhat viable, but no, complete and utter garbage all other specs.

2)Customization is dead
    50% nerf to all azerite traits destroyed all customization.
    Talent TREES? Non existent. We MUST play what Blizzard wants us to play because only one choice of talents is viable.

3)Game completely unbalanced

Rant:
    I dont remember the PvP situation being THIS bad in any other expansion.
    I remember having fun in almost all specs ive played before.
    The people behind the PvP design should be fired.
    They are playing God in deciding what is viable and what is not. They create the meta, not the players. The players have no choice but to play the meta Blizzard created...because 90% of specs/talents/azerites are useless.

TLDR: I hate BfA's PvP. As a "fighting game" it is a complete failure.
    1. You're mistaking "viable" with "viable in the meta". Common mistake.

2. If all traits are nerfed by 50% then aren't they exactly balanced with each other as they were before? Trees gave the illusion of choice. You had two kinds of talents. Things you had to get or you were bad. And things you had to get to get to the things you had to get or you were bad.

3. It's always been like that. Remember three minute mages or naked rogues stunlocking someone 100 to 0 in classic? Or SL/SL locks and lifebloom blankets in BC?

PS. WoW is not a fighting game.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-06-13 at 08:36 AM.

I agree with 110% With OP.

As long as Blizzard insists on balancing around Arena, WoW PvP will always be a mess.