Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Race to world first 60

    So far, I think Skorch is in the lead, at level 29 and a few bars off 30.

    Anyone know who the next few players are in the list?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Travkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    60
    Its capped at lvl 30 for the beta testing i understand? Staysafe has hit 25 just shortly
    Last edited by Travkin; 2019-05-17 at 04:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Travkin View Post
    Its capped at lvl 30 for the beta testing i understand?
    It is. /10char

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Travkin View Post
    Its capped at lvl 30 for the beta testing i understand? Staysafe has hit 25 just shortly
    In the original WoW beta they increased the level cap as the beta went along. It is possible they will do the same this time around. It is currently 30.

  5. #5
    Imagine going for """"world first"""" in a game
    -that is 15 years old and is getting re-released
    -that is in beta and characters will be wiped out so you can do no real progress

    Also, cap is 30 as of now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    So far, I think Skorch is in the lead, at level 29 and a few bars off 30.

    Anyone know who the next few players are in the list?
    I hope that boy's streaming for that sweet beta revenue

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany - Blackmoore EU
    Posts
    430
    "world first" beta level 30 - where like 99% of the community can `t participate. yeaahhh.

  8. #8
    Who cares? If there is a race to max level among few people, its one hell of a boring race.

    Classic is about path, about adventure. Game starts at level 1.

    If you want to play game that starts at max level, there is BfA.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Who cares? If there is a race to max level among few people, its one hell of a boring race.

    Classic is about path, about adventure. Game starts at level 1.

    If you want to play game that starts at max level, there is BfA.
    Isn't that true in retail also? You start the game at level 1 and no one can stop you to take the leveling as part of the adventure. They even nerfed the XP gain so "you could have an adventure" but ppl whined because leveling took so long.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Isn't that true in retail also? You start the game at level 1 and no one can stop you to take the leveling as part of the adventure. They even nerfed the XP gain so "you could have an adventure" but ppl whined because leveling took so long.
    world is empty
    mobs are crap easy
    there is no adventure
    there is no difficulty

  11. #11
    Obviously any world first race will take place at launch. An invite beta is not a level playingfield. Doubt anyone is really speedleveling atm. Will likely see people start practicing when the whole level range is available.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    world is empty
    mobs are crap easy
    there is no adventure
    there is no difficulty
    I agree with everything except "there is no adventure." It's still there...it's just shorter than it used to be since the other stuff you said is true. Maybe it feels less adventure-y because of how easy it is. It's not a grand adventure, or some amazing quest because you just roflstomp everything solo, without ever really needing to get assistance from other adventurers....but it's still an adventure. Like camping in your backyard kind of "adventure."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    So far, I think Skorch is in the lead, at level 29 and a few bars off 30.

    Anyone know who the next few players are in the list?
    LOL what a fail OP... learn the game details before making threads.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Isn't that true in retail also? You start the game at level 1 and no one can stop you to take the leveling as part of the adventure. They even nerfed the XP gain so "you could have an adventure" but ppl whined because leveling took so long.
    Leveling stops players from taking leveling as part of adventure.

    Mobs scale to your level, so they pose no danger. Mobs barely hit players. Quests are dull and linear, no need to think. World is empty, if you see player its likely someone from other realm you'll never see again. Groups for dungeons are magically formed and players are actually punished for not using LFD because main rewards are available only in LFD. Gear scales, so its meaningless. Professions are useless and don't matter until you reach latest expansion's zones and even then they are rather useless. Even things like fishing nodes, mining nodes, flowers have been streamlined in Cataclysm so they make perfect farming route.

    Progress below max level doesn't exist. Its like watching a movie.

    Then there is whole account-wide nonsense. Nothing you do on character matters because everything is account wide. BfA is a shadow of role playing game WoW used to be.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    5,992
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Who cares? If there is a race to max level among few people, its one hell of a boring race.

    Classic is about path, about adventure. Game starts at level 1.

    If you want to play game that starts at max level, there is BfA.
    No. Even in Vanilla WoW people said the game started at level cap. Because it does.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. Even in Vanilla WoW people said the game started at level cap. Because it does.
    Im pretty sure 1 month worth of gameplay (possibly more) is pretty important.

    Are you going to spend 1 entire month "not playing the game" lol

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. Even in Vanilla WoW people said the game started at level cap. Because it does.
    Because it doesn't, you don't get anything new added @60 apart from possible raiding and you can get most PreRaid-BIS way before you hit 60 if you wish to do so.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    5,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Because it doesn't, you don't get anything new added @60 apart from possible raiding and you can get most PreRaid-BIS way before you hit 60 if you wish to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im pretty sure 1 month worth of gameplay (possibly more) is pretty important.

    Are you going to spend 1 entire month "not playing the game" lol
    The time spent leveling is just busywork to delay you from getting to the actual game yeah to make the game last longer. It's throwaway content that's not fun in any way past the first time you do it. Level cap is where the good content and meaningful character progression start.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The time spent leveling is just busywork to delay you from getting to the actual game yeah to make the game last longer. It's throwaway content that's not fun in any way past the first time you do it. Level cap is where the good content and meaningful character progression start.
    Insane opinion you have there. But i respect it.

    I remember doing fresh characters because i absolutely loved encountering random people in the world, asking to group up, doing dungeons with randoms.
    The whole community thing while leveling was really pleasant for me.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No. Even in Vanilla WoW people said the game started at level cap. Because it does.
    Considering that less than 1% was raiding, you are wrong. For some people game started at level cap, but for vast majority it started at level 1.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •