1. #1

    Live Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Tuning - May 22

    Live Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Tuning - May 22
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on the following adjustments to raid encounters. These changes are not live yet, but will go live later this evening or tomorrow.

    Dungeons and Raids
    • Battle of Dazar’alor
      • Grong, the Jungle Lord
        • Death Empowerment (Alliance) and Apetagonize (Horde) cast time increased to 5 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 4 seconds).
        • Death Specters (Alliance) and Apetagonizers (Horde) health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
      • High Tinker Mekkatorque
        • Gigavolt Charge’s radiation zone duration reduced to 2 minutes on Mythic difficulty (was 3 minutes).
        • Tampering duration increased to 30 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 25 seconds).
      • Lady Jaina Proudmoore
        • Jaina now kills all players instantly if the entire raid is frozen solid during an intermission phase.
          • Developers’ note: Previously, if an entire raid was frozen solid, all players would have to wait until they each died before they could restart the encounter. This change will help raids quickly reset and start the fight again.

  2. #2
    Blademaster Barbosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    31
    Why has this not been a thing since day 1?

    Lady Jaina Proudmoore

    Jaina now kills all players instantly if the entire raid is frozen solid during an intermission phase.
    Developers’ note: Previously, if an entire raid was frozen solid, all players would have to wait until they each died before they could restart the encounter. This change will help raids quickly reset and start the fight again.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
    Why has this not been a thing since day 1?
    Because that would make too much sense. Remember that Blizzard is a small Indie company.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Because that would make too much sense. Remember that Blizzard is a small Indie company.
    On my realm I met around 100 people during the weekend. They should just mass merge 10-20 realms together...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    On my realm I met around 100 people during the weekend. They should just mass merge 10-20 realms together...
    That would also make too much sense. You can't apply logic to Blizzard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That would also make too much sense. You can't apply logic to Blizzard.
    They should have done much more 3 expansions ago. Unfortunately for a long time they were financially rewarded by making people pay to move. In the short run it worked well for them. In the long run it is one of the many reasons people quit or play less. I truly feel bad for the people that stick it out on the many ghost town servers, even more so if they have never played anywhere else and don't realize how much better the game can be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  7. #7
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,207
    That Jaina change should have been there since the very beginning. Did Ion never see tanks stay frozen for 2+ minutes during the intermission? It's almost hilarious to see their hitpoints slowly tick down to zero, before some random proc heals them and the whole thing starts over. The hilarity stops when you remember that it's actually a huge waste of time.

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That Jaina change should have been there since the very beginning. Did Ion never see tanks stay frozen for 2+ minutes during the intermission? It's almost hilarious to see their hitpoints slowly tick down to zero, before some random proc heals them and the whole thing starts over. The hilarity stops when you remember that it's actually a huge waste of time.
    He probably did and that's why it changed, his guild started on Jaina like two weeks ago (those other nerfs came just after they started which I'm sure was completely unrelated).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    On my realm I met around 100 people during the weekend. They should just mass merge 10-20 realms together...
    i agree. WoW in its current forms no longer needs multiple servers just mega servers for regions, maybe one additional for Roleplaying server. they have phasing and sharding tech that would more than handle the load. it would make everything feel better in the world

  10. #10
    Hate to be a BFA dev right now that is looking forward to Classic, i wouldnt beable to concentrate on BFA development (or lack there of)

  11. #11
    Brewmaster rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    i agree. WoW in its current forms no longer needs multiple servers just mega servers for regions, maybe one additional for Roleplaying server. they have phasing and sharding tech that would more than handle the load. it would make everything feel better in the world
    if they were to even announce such a thing that's like committing corporate suicide, they would lose so much money from investors pulling out that the game would literally die as a result, they lost a lot when they announced the 'connected realms' feature but nothing compared to what they would lose if they straight up said 'we need to merge realms because we no longer have the players to sustain the current model' in public.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    if they were to even announce such a thing that's like committing corporate suicide, they would lose so much money from investors pulling out that the game would literally die as a result, they lost a lot when they announced the 'connected realms' feature but nothing compared to what they would lose if they straight up said 'we need to merge realms because we no longer have the players to sustain the current model' in public.
    thats not at all what i just said.....i said that WoW in its current form with their server tech, multiple servers are uneeded. you'd only need 2 per region, Mega and RP Server and thats it....i wasnt saying that its because they have low subs or population on realms. its just because with phasing and connected servers and sharding multiple servers and uneeded

  13. #13
    Brewmaster rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    thats not at all what i just said.....i said that WoW in its current form with their server tech, multiple servers are uneeded. you'd only need 2 per region, Mega and RP Server and thats it....i wasnt saying that its because they have low subs or population on realms. its just because with phasing and connected servers and sharding multiple servers and uneeded
    i understood exactly what you meant, i'm saying that if they did that then this is what the result would be regardless of whether it's good for the game or not.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •