Thread: Stress Test

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Stress Test

Well, this has certainly turned out to be a let down. 2 hour window which for Oceanic players is 9am on a Wednesday morning when pretty much everyone will either be at school/uni or work. I know they can't cater for everyone and time zones etc, but a 2 hour window? and it doesn't count as a regular invite either, those invited to stress test won't be able to play the closed beta after as it looks to be a completely different server. I expected the stress to be open for a couple days as indicated with their schedule.

This is the biggest let down since the last few episodes of GoT Season 8 (while this is a joke please don't post spoilers here, I've seen it but others possibly haven't).

Read the whole message. The stress test itself (the period they're actively monitoring) is only for 2 hours but the realm will be available for another 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Read the whole message. The stress test itself (the period they're actively monitoring) is only for 2 hours but the realm will be available for another 24 hours.
    Ah yep your right. Still a bit of a let down only 5 levels. Won't even be able to finish the starter zone, 10 would have made more sense.

I wonder how many people sub just to play for 24hrs..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

was hoping they would use this as an opportunity to start letting the masses into the beta so it's not just for streamers and a random few others...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    was hoping they would use this as an opportunity to start letting the masses into the beta so it's not just for streamers and a random few others...
    It's been something of a drip feed of players so far it seems like.

Will proably stay like that. I just hope getting into the Stress Test doesn't preclude you from the Beta.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    I am loving that we have hit a point of peak entitlement in WoW with classic. It is just absurd. Classic fans have been acting as if they are somehow superior to retail players over the last few months, only to turn into insane self entitled morons as soon as they get a whiff of something they personally disapprove of.

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    I am loving that we have hit a point of peak entitlement in WoW with classic. It is just absurd. Classic fans have been acting as if they are somehow superior to retail players over the last few months, only to turn into insane self entitled morons as soon as they get a whiff of something they personally disapprove of.
    This isn't new behavior. Did you ever post in the megathread before Classic was released?

barely anyone in the oceanic community has an invite, at least not enough to stress test a server. So it's kinda weird on blizz to do this.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Guys, its just the beta and a stress test. This is not the "actual" game just yet. Relax and just wait and be happy that we are getting Classic on 27th of August

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Guys, its just the beta and a stress test. This is not the "actual" game just yet. Relax and just wait and be happy that we are getting Classic on 27th of August
    No, Mom I deserve a beta key even though I can't read REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    No, Mom I deserve a beta key even though I can't read REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    If only people would really be interested in testing and not just "Yey I am playing the game early!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    Imagine thinking the people who are first in the queue are entitled... wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Imagine thinking the people who are first in the queue are entitled... wow
    What makes you think they are first in queue for a system that randomly picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    What makes you think they are first in queue for a system that randomly picks?
    What makes you think that the system randomly picks? No one from blizzard ever said they gonna invite randomly..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What makes you think that the system randomly picks? No one from blizzard ever said they gonna invite randomly..
    It randomly picked on pre-set requirements per invite pools. They have already stated what was taken into account for some cases.

It is probably random out of certain demographic. I doubt the have a ranking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    It randomly picked on pre-set requirements per invite pools. They have already stated what was taken into account for some cases.
    Yeah that there isn't a guy who selects everyone individually is certain, but saying the invites are coming randomly is just straight up wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think it's not? Cuz the previous ones weren't?

Spoiler alert: it's always been random, except for the first wave (streamers / influencer + some randoms)
    Also in the past they invited people with different PC specs to test viability. Beyond that it's random, except that you gotta be a sub to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    What makes you think it's not? Cuz the previous ones weren't?

Spoiler alert: it's always been random, except for the first wave (streamers / influencer + some randoms)
    Also in the past they invited people with different PC specs to test viability. Beyond that it's random, except that you gotta be a sub to qualify.
    I mean it can't be that difficult to read..

"Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test."

oh and also:

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in.

How is that random?