Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Need to wait for the debates. Biden is fine. But I would rather Beto, Warren, Klobuchar, or Buttieg. People who i would hold my nose voting for would be Harris or Booker. One thing to remember though is a lot of these candidates know they don't stand a chance. They are position themselves for positions AFTER the 2020 election if Trump is voted out.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-05-22 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the life of me I cannot understand how Biden polls so high. He's not a great person. He's not a great politician. And his terms as VP have been less than spectacular. His positions are nothing exciting and hell he isn't even very charismatic.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love these polls, if only because it's literally the only time people are familiar with the school I got my law degree from. Go Bobcats.

On topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand how Biden polls so high. He's not a great person. He's not a great politician. And his terms as VP have been less than spectacular. His positions are nothing exciting and hell he isn't even very charismatic.
    I reckon the Obama association helps him substantially in and of itself, just as a practical matter. I'd be curious in seeing the debates play out, ofc, but right now, this early, he's probably the most well known name out of the group for *most* people, and I think it'd be unwise to discount the power of a name alone among the electorate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If Biden can go fuck off that'd be great. If I wanted to vote conservative I'd vote Republican.
    Yep. Pisses me off he's in the number 1 spot, but given the majority of dem voters are boomer democrats, then why should I be surprised?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The Democrats are playing an interesting game. The party is split among the ~25 different candidates, and all that seems to be talked about is “can x beat Trump”...

It will be interesting watching to see if they can come together at the end, or if they will hold grudges that their candidate did not win the nomination.
    If people are going to behave like this, they may as well vote for Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yep. Pisses me off he's in the number 1 spot, but given the majority of dem voters are boomer democrats, then why should I be surprised?
    On point is the New Monmouth poll showing Bernie Sanders support falling from 25% in March to 15% in May.

The biggest losses come from the 50+ cohort.
    Dropping from 19% in March to 4% in May.

Looks like the boomers fled Bernie for Biden.

Biden isn't going to be the nominee. Only reason he has this level of support is because people remember how much better of a president Obama was compared to Trump.

Polls just don't mean much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If Biden can go fuck off that'd be great. If I wanted to vote conservative I'd vote Republican.
    Did you vote for Obama and Bill Clinton? They were both pretty much Republicans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    On point is the New Monmouth poll showing Bernie Sanders support falling from 25% in March to 15% in May.

The biggest losses come from the 50+ cohort.
    Dropping from 19% in March to 4% in May.

Looks like the boomers fled Bernie for Biden.
    I doubt the boomers were ever with Bernie.

Biden has so much taint with him, i hope he drops out...