Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting

The law, which takes effect May 1, 2020, recognizes “natural organic reduction” and alkaline hydrolysis (sometimes called “liquid cremation”) as acceptable means of disposition for human bodies. Until now, Washington code had permitted only burial and cremation.

Washington already has several “green cemeteries,” such as White Eagle Memorial Preserve in Klickitat County, where people can be buried without embalming, caskets or headstones.

The process, which involves using wood chips, straw and other materials, takes about four weeks and is related to methods of “livestock composting” that ranchers and farmers have been using for several years. Lynne Carpenter-Boggs, a soil scientist at Washington State University, says that practice can turn a 1,500-pound steer — bones and all — into clean, odorless soil in a matter of months.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...an-composting/
    What's wrong with a state, like Washington state, passing a law that citizens of Washington state want?

Would you want to be composted when you die?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That's awesome! for sure i would , cemeteries are dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    They can take my body and eat it for all i care. as long as it gets to be useful after I die and won't be wasted by cremation, I don't care.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Good for them. Ideally I want to be frozen on death so I can be revived in the future.

My body took up resources to survive, so sure I'll give back to the earth when I die. Isn't that what Mufassa did?
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I never thought of this.

Sure, I want to be cremated and spread into the wilderness when I die.

But this is actually a better idea.
    - Dare not to sleep -

I plan to be cremated or maybe one of those burial pods that grow into trees, if they really catch on, but I don't see composting as a problem, I'd be dead, so I wouldn't care, either way I'm going back into the earth to decay.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see an automatic organ donor system that everyone is apart of at birth. With the option to withdraw if you want. Such a waste throwing away your body when you can save someone's life, also graveyards are a huge waste of land and money hopefully they will start being phased out in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm donating my body to science. If they can't use it, then sure, compost me.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    What's wrong with a state, like Washington state, passing a law that citizens of Washington state want?

Would you want to be composted when you die?
    I see no problem with it. I think funerals are a giant waste of money, it's a way to prey on people in mourning.

I'm fine with this as long as they quarantine Florida soil from the rest of America.

I don't want my trees to be retarded.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    My body took up resources to survive, so sure I'll give back to the earth when I die. Isn't that what Mufassa did?
    This is basically my take as well. I dont want to be cremated (creating more damage) and being buried with a headstone just seems like a waste of space, I just kinda wanted to be dumped somewhere, this works out well. Either that or body farm me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Good for them. Ideally I want to be frozen on death so I can be revived in the future.
    Zombie on ice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'm fine with this as long as they quarantine Florida soil from the rest of America.

I don't want my trees to be retarded.

Only if the tree that will grow from my compost holds my spirit and allows me to wander at night haunting the nightmares of my enemies with despair and horror.

Ghost tree or no deal.

P.S: And no fucking dogs peeing on me....

I always liked the idea of the organic burial pod, but mostly because the idea of it going slightly wrong and my bones coming out of a tree and freaking people out amuses me.

I have this terrible sinking feeling that WA is dreadfully close

to solving it's homeless problem.

5+ Year Old Account
    Once I'm dead, I don't give even half a damn as to what happens to my corpse, as I'm not using it anymore, so hell. Sure. Go for it.

i feel like this is a way to harvest homeless folks...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

This is what im planning on doing for my loved ones and hope they do it for me.
    https://www.sciencecare.com/whole-body-donation-faq/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon