Poll: Godzilla vs King Kong who's would win?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How and why King Kong will battle the gigantic Godzilla in 2020 mashup movie

Godzilla vs Kong will be a mismatched “David vs Goliath” style battle, with the 104-foot ape relying on his intelligence to match up with the 350-foot lizard in the 2020 film.

Director Michael Dougherty whose film Godzilla: King of the Monsters - a sequel to both 2014’s Godzilla and 2017’s Kong: Skull Island - arrives in cinemas this Wednesday (29 May), co-wrote Godzilla vs Kong and he says the beasts will be fairly well-matched by the time they meet on screen.

Speaking to Bloody Disgusting, Dougherty explained that King Kong will have grown in size since the last time he appeared on screen in the 1970s-set Skull Island.

“We’re looking at an almost David vs. Goliath situation. Because everyone, the moment you say Godzilla’s going to fight Kong, your first reaction is Kong doesn’t stand a chance. Godzilla’s got his radioactive breath, et cetera, et cetera.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...110432866.html
    Place your bets Godzilla or King Kong, who would win?

Swear to God neither of their mothers better be named Martha, and I Really hope they don't have them team up. This is a match up I have wanted to see since the 80's.

My Money would be on King Kong!!!!!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Realistically, Godzilla would destroy King Kong in this universe, but I'm betting King Kong wins(if there is a winner and it doesn't turn into a team-up at the end)

Why? This is Legendary's last movie that they can use Godzilla, might aswell set up the new king if they want this universe to move forward.

Wonder if King Kong is just going to get bigger or if they will give him a power aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Place your bets Godzilla or King Kong, who would win?

Swear to God neither of their mothers better be named Martha, and I Really hope they don't have them team up. This is a match up I have wanted to see since the 80's.

My Money would be on King Kong!!!!!

Guess you never paid attention, this fight has already happened.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Godzilla will win over some ugly ape any day.

People actually voting Kong, da fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    2017 King Kong is a boss, but so is Godzilla. I can't them actually fighting each other for too long though. like a BvS thing. They both kind of have the same alignment and intelligent enough to not see the other as a threat.

Kong fucks Godzilla up if Kong gets the drop. Godzilla wins easily is Kong is forced to fight him straight up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    People actually voting Kong, da fuck.
    Of Course He's the King!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    2017 King Kong is a boss, but so is Godzilla. I can't them actually fighting each other for too long though. like a BvS thing. They both kind of have the same alignment and intelligent enough to not see the other as a threat.

Kong fucks Godzilla up if Kong gets the drop. Godzilla wins easily is Kong is forced to fight him straight up.
    Godzilla has the lightening though, could fry King Kong to a crisp, but yeah if Kong gets the Drop it's over.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They will briefly fight and then join the same team to defeat a bigger foe. (King Ghidorah reborn)

10+ Year Old Account
    Godzilla can take King Kong with no arms and blindfolded.

People voting for King Kong should be euthanized.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Should be a easy stomp for godzilla, love kong though but he got no chance here. And yes i know of that old movie lol.
    Do you hear the voices too?

So any idea why they fight?
    Rival Alphas?
    One's mindcontrolled by Monarch?
    Misunderstanding?
    Kong is actually evil?
    Godzilla's turned into a cyborg(like Zilla) and Kong's gotta stop him?
    Mecha Godzilla impersonating Godzilla?

Our lord and savior, the King G will win no contest. That ape doesn't deserve the title of King.

Unless there is lightning. Because, apparently that makes Kong stronger?

Draw is my pick. Don’t think they’ll kill off ether.

7+ Year Old Account
    This incarnation of Godzilla would not be able to lose to King Kong 1v1.

Big Godzilla fan here, grew up on it.

The King Kong introduced in 2017 for this film universe (MonsterVerse it's called) was back in the 1970's and was said to be around the age of a teenager and "is still growing" so by the time Kong vs Godzilla comes out, thats about 40 years later. That -could- explain King Kong getting up there in size.

But this is the 2nd largest Godzilla in live-action film ever (1st being Shin Godzilla of 2016). Plus, King Kong is just a large and intelligent animal. Godzilla is a larger animal with radioactive mutation to increase durability, strength, intelligence, and of course radioactive fire use. Not to mention the healing factor.

Realistically, King Kong does not stand a chance unless there is some gimmick to him.

1.) King Kong vs Godzilla back in the 1970's gave Kong a "electricity use" factor that allowed him to use electricity to shock Godzilla.

2.) Many speculations via YT videos have thought that King Kong will continue to grow in size and never stop. Like, never ever stop. What is a realistic way that a large animal with no "supernatural" enhancements to have a chance against Godzilla? Well... his size. What if King Kong gets so big/tall that it's actually a threat to the planet?

3.) King Kong + other kaiju (or "titans" as they are called in the Legendary films cinematic universe) will band together. This is the most likely option.

King Kong vs Godzilla is set to be the final film in the "MonsterVerse" film universe. The 1970's film ended up with heavy implication that King Kong won the fight, yet many films after in the Showa period of Godzilla films show Godzilla alive and well. The director has stated that he wants this film to have a decisive victor.

And it will be Godzilla.

Sorry, you can't establish Godzilla in the 2014 film as the "apex predator" of the planet that acts as nature's balancing force (Lawful Neutral?) and then have him lose.

Personally, I think Godzilla: King of the Monsters will set up bringing Mecha-Godzilla into the film universe with Mecha-G playing a roll in King Kong vs Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Godzilla can take King Kong with no arms and blindfolded.

People voting for King Kong should be euthanized.
    Fucking what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They will briefly fight and then join the same team to defeat a bigger foe. (King Ghidorah reborn)
    Probably Destoroyah. The oxygen destroyer is supposed to be in King of the Monsters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    This incarnation of Godzilla would not be able to lose to King Kong 1v1.

Big Godzilla fan here, grew up on it.

The King Kong introduced in 2017 for this film universe (MonsterVerse it's called) was back in the 1970's and was said to be around the age of a teenager and "is still growing" so by the time Kong vs Godzilla comes out, thats about 40 years later. That -could- explain King Kong getting up there in size.

But this is the 2nd largest Godzilla in live-action film ever (1st being Shin Godzilla of 2016). Plus, King Kong is just a large and intelligent animal. Godzilla is a larger animal with radioactive mutation to increase durability, strength, intelligence, and of course radioactive fire use. Not to mention the healing factor.

Realistically, King Kong does not stand a chance unless there is some gimmick to him.

1.) King Kong vs Godzilla back in the 1970's gave Kong a "electricity use" factor that allowed him to use electricity to shock Godzilla.

2.) Many speculations via YT videos have thought that King Kong will continue to grow in size and never stop. Like, never ever stop. What is a realistic way that a large animal with no "supernatural" enhancements to have a chance against Godzilla? Well... his size. What if King Kong gets so big/tall that it's actually a threat to the planet?

3.) King Kong + other kaiju (or "titans" as they are called in the Legendary films cinematic universe) will band together. This is the most likely option.

King Kong vs Godzilla is set to be the final film in the "MonsterVerse" film universe. The 1970's film ended up with heavy implication that King Kong won the fight, yet many films after in the Showa period of Godzilla films show Godzilla alive and well. The director has stated that he wants this film to have a decisive victor.

And it will be Godzilla.

Sorry, you can't establish Godzilla in the 2014 film as the "apex predator" of the planet that acts as nature's balancing force (Lawful Neutral?) and then have him lose.

Personally, I think Godzilla: King of the Monsters will set up bringing Mecha-Godzilla into the film universe with Mecha-G playing a roll in King Kong vs Godzilla.
    King of the monsters Godzilla is slightly taller than Shin Godzilla now, but yeah there is now possible way King Kong can beat Godzilla.

I think they are going to introduce destoroyah though. The oxygen destroyer is going to make an appearance in King of the Monsters and I can't really see another monster besides Destoroyah, Space Godzilla, or King Ghidorah that would warrant King Kongs help
    Last edited by Shaqthefat; 2019-05-28 at 07:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Probably Destoroyah. The oxygen destroyer is supposed to be in King of the Monsters

- - - Updated - - -

King of the monsters Godzilla is slightly taller than Shin Godzilla now, but yeah there is now possible way King Kong can beat Godzilla.

I think they are going to introduce destoroyah though. The oxygen destroyer is going to make an appearance in King of the Monsters and I can't really see another monster besides Destoroyah, Space Godzilla, or King Ghidorah that would warrant King Kongs help
    Jeeze, Legendary HAD to out do Toho huh?

I'm actually more of a fan of the Legendary design rather than Shin's design so I'm all for it.

But why Destoroyah though? I understand using the oxygen destroyer as maybe a reference in the film at best, but there are so many other iconic villains they could use, and I believe Legendary could not acquire the film rights to all kaiju so they have to create their own?

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    Jeeze, Legendary HAD to out do Toho huh?

I'm actually more of a fan of the Legendary design rather than Shin's design so I'm all for it.

But why Destoroyah though? I understand using the oxygen destroyer as maybe a reference in the film at best, but there are so many other iconic villains they could use, and I believe Legendary could not acquire the film rights to all kaiju so they have to create their own?
    Legendary and Toho are basically the US and Russia in the cold war, but instead of nukes with Godzilla.

Destoroyah makes sense with the ancient creature backstory they are doing with the monsters since he was a colony of very old microscopic crabs. Megaguirus also makes since in the regard, but I don't think Megaguirus would pose a challenge to Godzilla and King Kong. I think Destoroyah makes more sense than a giant mechanical Godzilla in this universe, although there a bones of ancient creatures from Godzilla's family so they could do Kiryu. It just seems to click more on doing Destoroyah if they are introducing the oxygen destroyer

Kong'll tune up Godzilla for a bit then they will fight together. Kong will have almost as much intelligence as a human and we all know how broken that stat is. All of Godzilla's previous matchups were against essentially beasts, which Godzilla is himself. He may have some base reasoning skills but he is pretty much a big lizard. Kong will have tools, traps and awareness on his side. Also he will be a good deal larger, while still smaller, would you want a 1/3 your size, smarter than you, lunch box of muscle climbing all over you? You think the Rock or the Mountain could beat up a chimp? Personally, I think they would be a good fight. And those guys are a lot smarter than Godzilla.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Realistically, Godzilla would destroy King Kong in this universe, but I'm betting King Kong wins(if there is a winner and it doesn't turn into a team-up at the end)

Why? This is Legendary's last movie that they can use Godzilla, might aswell set up the new king if they want this universe to move forward.

Wonder if King Kong is just going to get bigger or if they will give him a power aswell.
    Didn't they establish in the Skull Island movie that he was basically a child and going to get much bigger?

---

On topic, obviously, as others have said, they are going to fight each other and then some greater evil will emerge and they will team up against it.