Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Silly yes but Arthur should be banned simply for being a shitty cartoon, it's almost as bad as that my little pony shit

I'm also not a fan of putting propaganda in children cartoons.
    How is it propaganda? I watched the episode out of curiosity and its Arthur and friends following his professor, see that he is being mistreated by a woman they think is the one he announced he was going to marry. They try to stop the wedding but in the end they realize that the woman was his sister and he is marrying a man who treats him well.

Like where is the propaganda in this?
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

You know who never has abortions.....gay men.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Good for them. Gender politics have no place in children cartoons. Its disgusting that some people find such cartoons ok.
    If your child has a homosexual teacher or classmate and you find out are you going to barge into their school and accuse the offender of gender politics? No need to answer it's entirely rhetorical.

The fact that children are bullied for being gay is the exact reason they feel the need to tackle the issue in a show that LITERALLY tackles issues children face or issues they might be exposed to. PBS shows have always consciously done this.

Homosexuality isn't gender politics, it's something you happen to be opposed to and that's why you're offended by a children's cartoon.

Good for them. Gender politics have no place in children cartoons. Its disgusting that some people find such cartoons ok.
    Of course, if the partner he was marrying was a woman, you'd have said the same thing, right?

Where's the right and their crying about censorship and freedom of speech?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

Somewhere that is probably not inside a tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kids shows nowadays are far more than mere entertainment. Gone are the days of Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy. If you want kids shows to be educational, where they learn right from wrong and social norms, etc, gay characters should be included. Not doing so only makes it harder for kids to understand the concept of being gay, as well as gay marriage, and that has the potential for kids to view it as different and/or not normal.
    But kids shows have been that way as long as there have been kids shows. However the morals they used to push are no longer controversial, so we forgot they were at the time.

Take for instance "Leave it to Beaver" which is sort of the quintessential 1950s kids show, and now seen by many as sort of an icon of Wholesome American Values. But the wholesome American values it championed were rather new at the time, and much of the show was actually seen as controversial at the time. As an example, the first episode was nearly banned because it depicted a Bathroom and a toilet. Which was considered crass, and unfit for television. More serious concerns including depictions of alcoholism and friendships across social lines, which was highly controversial at the time. Parents were shown as fallible people who were not always correct, which was seen as a disruptive message for a show aimed at young children. Granted the show was still popular, but it was far from immune to criticisms of "Propaganda"

The same thing occurred in the 1960s, where shows began to show women working, including black characters in roles other then domestic servants, and so forth. Many of them staked clear positions in the fight over civil rights, and were subsequently blasted for it.

Before TV, Radio did the same thing, before that, magazines and newspapers did it, before that, Plays and Minstrel Shows did so. Claiming this is somehow new to the 21st century is distinct lack of awareness in how popular forms of children's entertainment always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I can only imagine their reaction 'oh no if we air this it'll turn our kids gay'. What a weird world.

Also I didn't even know Arthur was still a thing :S
    Frogs were just a first step.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Silly yes but Arthur should be banned simply for being a shitty cartoon, it's almost as bad as that my little pony shit

I'm also not a fan of putting propaganda in children cartoons.
    I dont see how you can view love between two adults as propaganda. You could just admit that you hate gay people..

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

It's really not a difficult concept.
    Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just because the Blue Wave was forecast, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Yeah folks, he said it....

Titan
    I find this ironic since Alabama has no problem incest, but they care about two fictional characters being gay.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

showing the existence of a gay couple isn't politics.

it's religion in government that allows this, this is why all religion should be banned.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    WTF is wrong with that state? Definitely a place I will never go to... not even to pass through.
    Perhaps they are standing up to the left wing media and saying you will NOT indoctrinate our kids in your anything goes gender/LGBT agenda. That is up to the parents to decide if its OK or not. The only LGBT They and I support is Liberty, Guns, Bibles, and Trump. Same reason I and so many other boycott everything Disney owns

Nice attempt to brain wash kids that they should accept homosexuality from early age.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Perhaps they are standing up to the left wing media and saying you will NOT indoctrinate our kids in your anything goes gender/LGBT agenda. That is up to the parents to decide if its OK or not. The only LGBT They and I support is Liberty, Guns, Bibles, and Trump. Same reason I and so many other boycott everything Disney owns
    Shame this is actually you being serious. It'd easily be classed as a poor troll. Absolute fruit loop that you are.

It has nothing to do with gender politics, homosexuality is normal and happens with most species.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Smoke weed every day!

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Nice attempt to brain wash kids that they should accept homosexuality from early age.
    Just like all the other "brain washing", MIRITE?!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Imagine still thinking homosexuality isn't a natural thing. Must be fun to be so backwards and narrow-minded.

i agree that the 57 gender shit is a load of crap that needs to not be taught.

but gay people actually exist, and there's nothing wrong with it. no religious doctrine should have ANY say in our laws as a nation, it's forbidden by the constitution.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Man... Alabama is working it's way to getting chiseled off from the USA and pushed out to sea...
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

In my mind, Trump doesn't really appear to be aligned to either liberty or the Bible. He seems both scummy and oppressive