Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Trump supporters demand to know if Navajo legislator is an illegal immigrant

    Legislative staffers say pro-Trump supporters called them ‘illegal’ for being dark-skinned
    Navajo legislator also says protesters asked him if he is in the U.S. illegally

    Supporters of President Donald Trump singled out dark-skinned lawmakers, legislative staffers and children at the Capitol on Jan. 25 as they protested congressional efforts to pass immigration reform, according to staffers of the Arizona Legislature and two Democratic legislators.

    Waving large flags in support of Trump while standing between the House and Senate buildings, the protesters, who were also armed, asked just about anyone who crossed their path if they “support illegal immigration.”

    They called some “illegal” and told them to “go home,” barbs they reserved for those with brown skin, according to the staffers.

    Two women who said they were part of the protest against illegal immigration at the Capitol vehemently denied accusations that they singled out dark-skinned people and accused them of being illegal immigrants.

    But Lisette Flores and Selianna Robles, policy advisors for Senate Democrats, said they were yelled at when they walked from the Senate to the House lawn, directly passing the Trump supporters, to get lunch at a farmers market. Three white coworkers offered to escort Flores, Robles, and Democratic staffer Dora Ramirez back to their offices, Robles said.

    “We’re walking back, and they start yelling again, ‘Get out of the country.’ At that point, they pointed to Lisette, called her an illegal, and said, ‘Get out, go back home!’” Robles said. “But they pointed at Jane (Ahern), who works for the House, and they said, ‘No, you can stay.’”

    Ahern, a policy advisor for House Democrats, is white.

    “I was born in California,” said Flores. “I’m obviously of Mexican descent, so I think in that group I’m the darkest one. Selianna and Dora, they’re light-skinned Latinos. So, I think probably that’s why they pointed at me out of a group of six.”

    “They assume things about you. There’s not much we can do,” said Robles, an Arizona native raised in the town of San Luis. “We work for the state, we’re public servants, and we’re just here to do our job.”

    Lawmakers said they were also questioned based on their appearance. Rep. Eric Descheenie, D-Chinle, said he was confronted by Trump supporters while helping defend a young student that he said was being harassed.

    They asked Descheenie, a Navajo lawmaker, if he was in the United States illegally.

    “I’m indigenous to these lands,” Descheenie said. “My ancestors fought and died on these lands. I just told them, ‘Don’t ask me that question.’”


    Rep. César Chávez, D-Phoenix, said he was approached by a female Trump supporter asking who he was and who he represents. For “the fun of it,” Chávez said, he replied, “I’m an undocumented legislator.” Chávez was brought from Mexico to the United States as a child.

    He said he wanted the protesters “to understand that in this country, through a process, you, too, can be a part of a nation that provides opportunity to everybody. I wanted them to understand that an individual who came to this country undocumented at the age of three is now a member of the Arizona State Legislature.”

    Chávez said the woman reacted by calling him “illegal.”

    “She said something like, “You’re illegal. Once illegal, always illegal,” he said. “I took no offense, no attention. It was just simply one of those things where you’re going to have a stance and I’m going to have a stance and we’re never going to agree on things.”

    Jennifer Caminiti-Harrison and Lesa Antone said they were at the Capitol to protest activists with Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA). The women told the Arizona Capitol Times in a phone interview tonight they’re against illegal immigration and don’t believe the LUCHA activists, who they alleged are undocumented, have the right to lobby state legislators.

    In denying the allegations, Caminiti-Harrison and Antone countered that their group was harassed by the LUCHA activists. In a live stream of the protest uploaded to Facebook by Antone, a LUCHA member could be heard telling a black Trump supporter, “You’re gonna be the first to get lynched.”
    https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2018...-yell-illegal/

    Long article, bolded the most relevant. More detail in the Snopes article:

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...islator-legal/

    I think we've reached peak stupid.

  2. #2
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    27,963
    This is a perfect example where "No, you!" is a great response.

  3. #3
    I wish Native Americans would yell to inbred republicans that THEY are the ones who who should "fuck back" to where-ever they came from.
    See how they like it for a change.

  4. #4
    Okay. Concerned citizens ensuring that migrants are legal and not illegal. This is a story for some reason?

    If the purpose of the article is to make people angry, I can't imagine such success since the only ones who would get angry are childish overgrown man babies who shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

  5. #5
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Okay. Concerned citizens ensuring that migrants are legal and not illegal. This is a story for some reason?

    If the purpose of the article is to make people angry, I can't imagine such success since the only ones who would get angry are childish overgrown man babies who shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.
    Native Americans aren't migrants you muppet.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2019-05-22 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I wish Native Americans would yell to inbred republicans that THEY are the ones who who should "fuck back" to where-ever they came from.
    See how they like it for a change.
    Native Siberians*

    https://www.history.com/news/native-...ds-dna-reveals

    They should go back to where they came from.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Native Americans aren't migrants you muppet.
    Sure about that? Go back to school.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Okay. Concerned citizens ensuring that migrants are legal and not illegal. This is a story for some reason?
    Because it's just as terrible as going around 'ensuring' that every black person you see isn't a wanted criminal.

  8. #8
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Sure about that? Go back to school.
    Sure, everyone should get the fuck back to East Africa and let the world re-wild. How far do you want to go with this shit?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sure, everyone should get the fuck back to East Africa and let the world re-wild. How far do you want to go with this shit?
    "Out of Africa" is an old myth. Go back to school.

    By the way, Might Makes Right. Colonizers beat the fuck out of the Native Siberians. They should be grateful we let them stay.

  10. #10
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Native Siberians*

    https://www.history.com/news/native-...ds-dna-reveals

    They should go back to where they came from.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sure about that? Go back to school.
    How can people illegally move to a place were firstly no country exist and secondly no people were?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because it's just as terrible as going around 'ensuring' that every black person you see isn't a wanted criminal.
    I agree; being an illegal is a felony and dangerous criminals like that should be kicked out.

  12. #12
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    "Out of Africa" is an old myth. Go back to school.

    By the way, Might Makes Right. Colonizers beat the fuck out of the Native Siberians. They should be grateful we let them stay.

    Oh do you have a proof or study or something? Or is this more out of ass talk?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    I agree; being an illegal is a felony and dangerous criminals like that should be kicked out.

    Being an illegal is not a felony, why are you lying? Why are you liar?

  13. #13
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    "Out of Africa" is an old myth. Go back to school.

    By the way, Might Makes Right. Colonizers beat the fuck out of the Native Siberians. They should be grateful we let them stay.
    It's not a myth. And the phrase is Right makes Might.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh do you have a proof or study or something? Or is this more out of ass talk?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Being an illegal is not a felony, why are you lying? Why are you liar?
    I stated my opinion, like he did. It should be counted as such.

    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ael-180967952/

    Read up. Go back to school.

  15. #15
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    I stated my opinion, like he did. It should be counted as such.

    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ael-180967952/

    Read up. Go back to school.
    The article title should be a clue 'the oldest outside of Africa' because there are older ones in Africa...

    Yet neither of these two studies could offer definitive insight into when, precisely, Homo sapiens began moving out of Africa. That’s what makes the Misliya jawbone so valuable: if it is accepted as a Homo sapiens fossil, it offers concrete proof that we humans moved out of Africa much earlier than previously believed.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    "Out of Africa" is an old myth. Go back to school.
    Feel free to share the knowledge. Got a source?

  17. #17
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    I stated my opinion, like he did. It should be counted as such.

    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ael-180967952/

    Read up. Go back to school.
    Some quotes shall we:

    f accepted as Homo sapien, the jaw-dropping jawbone would push back the human exodus out of Africa by nearly 100,000 years
    That article literally takes out of Africa as fact and your'e arguing against it... with an article that isn't doing what you're saying it is....

    Literally all it says is "we're not sure if this is modern human it may be from an extinct human species, if modern human though it would mean out of Africa happened earlier than we originally thought"

    None of this = Out of Africa is a myth.

    And what school? You say "school" as if high school is the school unless you're studying something in anthropology where would you be learning this in school?

    Have you yourself even been to university?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Feel free to share the knowledge. Got a source?

    Yep he does! He linked an article that backs up out of Africa as his argument.... idk wtf this guy is doing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yep he does! He linked an article that backs up out of Africa as his argument.... idk wtf this guy is doing.
    Matches previous posting pattern.

  19. #19
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

    Yep he does! He linked an article that backs up out of Africa as his argument.... idk wtf this guy is doing.
    Something, something, under a bridge..? Not to feed him? I don't know

    OT though: I think it's quite funny to accuse a native to be an illegal immigrant simply because of the way he looks. Just screams racism

  20. #20
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    I stated my opinion, like he did. It should be counted as such.

    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ael-180967952/

    Read up. Go back to school.
    The first thing you see under the title is" If accepted as Homo sapien, the jaw-dropping jawbone would push back the human exodus out of Africa by nearly 100,000 years" They literally said we likely migrated even further back into the past, not that we never did. You need to learn how to reread your sources.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •