Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Then what's wrong with having a Children's Cartoon that shows 2 men getting married?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Because it's forced
    Is it? It looked completely voluntary to me. They weren't frog-marched to the altar and neither was it a shotgun wedding - it if was, Alabama would probably be more accepting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say anything about excluding them. I made personal observation of the situation. Take me for example, I did not have homosexuality in cartoons that I watched as kid. I still know homosexuals exists. Children should watch cartoons about defeating the evil, having heroes not about homosexuality. That is just some adult being a prick, trying to achieve something. Sexuality comes to any individual either way.
    There are certainly shows about that sort of stuff, crime fighting and action heroes and such. But this show is about life and growing up. It is a different kind of show. It is about a young person learning about the world and different people. This is exactly the sort of show where having a same sex couple should be expected in this day and age.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I am not going to talk to you when you don't know what fear is but you are brave enough to comment on.
    I guess someone failed English class.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I hear there was alot more context to the banning then just it being a gay wedding.

like the kids were worried their teacher was going to marry a uptight women but when they found out he was marrying a man everything was ok

7+ Year Old Account
    Man so much hate coming from that oneway guy. It's a sad thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I guess someone failed English class.

Compelling desire to avoid something is not the same as choosing to avoid something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

You were saying?
    I never said they had a married mom and dad. I said they HAVE a mom and dad. Even if they are divorced they still have both. Its still normal for 99% of kids to know that everyone has a mom and dad, not a dad and dad

Conservatives in Alabama are attempting to build their ultimate safe space. Free of education, medical care, and any shred of thought. Lucky for us, at least now we know that its contained to a few states...?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Ancient Rome was quite homo... once Christianity rose though gone were those days. Wonder how the world would have turned out if the roman way was a mainstay.

Young and not married? have some male concubines marry a woman eventually.
    The spartans, the figure of macho alpha masculinity had their soldiers fuck each other to build bonds between them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Of course. Never stop asking for tolerance about your right to be intolerant ( the contradicion just flew over your head).

Lovely argument by the way...it works for racism too.

So in the end i can only say the bold part is a complete nonsense: No, I don't have to tolerate your intolerance.

NOT-AT-ALL.
    The reason it works is because it makes sense. Unless you don't give a shit about hipocrasy.....which it seems like you don't. If you think your side is good and the other side is evil then just call it what it is. My problem is when people use terms like inclusive and progressive and intolerance to justify their personal agendas. I dont care when one group of people disagrees with another, its when they try to window dress their arguments as being more righteous while conveniently ignoring their own philosophy when it does't suit their needs. And then on top of that, hoping that everyone is too stupid to see this glaring hiopcrasy and not call them out for it. If you are going to make generalized statements about people you view as "evil" or "wrong" then just call it what it is. Trying to manipulate the moral high ground is not fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    I hear there was alot more context to the banning then just it being a gay wedding.

like the kids were worried their teacher was going to marry an uptight woman but when they found out he was marrying a man everything was ok
    The kids were worried their teacher would marry an uptight woman because they thought their teacher would become uptight as well and give them a lot of homework. So they try to paint him as a hippie and convince her that he has dirty secrets. Then they try to set him up with the librarian, who they think is a gentle woman. Finally they try to object in the wedding like they do in the TV, but before they can do that they meet the supposed partner and she says "Nothing is perfect enough for my little brother". Then they meet that who he is marrying and it turns out that its a guy, barely anyone makes a fuzz over it and the kids are glad they aren't getting a lot of homework.

That's the whole episode. If anyone thinks there is propaganda feel free to point it out.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2019-05-22 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kids shows nowadays are far more than mere entertainment. Gone are the days of Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy. If you want kids shows to be educational, where they learn right from wrong and social norms, etc, gay characters should be included. Not doing so only makes it harder for kids to understand the concept of being gay, as well as gay marriage, and that has the potential for kids to view it as different and/or not normal.
    No they are not. The days where you watch a cartoon for mere entertainment is not gone. If you want kids to get educated they certainly should NOT do that in cartoons. Not when it comes to gay characters.

I don't know about your childhood but when I grew up those cartoons that were mere entertainment could have set me in the wrong direction. I watched them with parents that knew how to direct my reasoning of right from wrong.

If you just let the kid alone to watch a cartoon, kid does not know a good reasoning yet. And the kid easily can figure out that strong evil creature which good poor heroes can't defeat is what the kid will want to become if not monitored by parents.

Now add gays to those cartoon characters.

Including gay cartoon characters can INDEED make it even harder for kids to understand the concept of being a gay. They just as well can make their lives miserable by trying to be something they are not which leads to a whole new level of depression in the future.

Gay people placed in every form of media is nothing but a political gender war. I feel therefore sad for gay people who have to be represented by these other enforcers who do not really shine a light on them selves. If you are grown up you would understand that some people are like that. But you can not expect out of kids which kids are definitely NOT grown up, to understand what is going on.

I definitely am going to monitor my kids entertainment one day when I have them and direct them in right directions, just as my parents directed me, to be open minded person who knows that no matter what kind of a person I talk to, that same person knows how to: love, feel and think in their own unique way.

Sweet home Alabama.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to homosexual propaganda either.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    The kids were worried their teacher would marry an uptight woman because they thought their teacher would become uptight as well and give them a lot of homework. So they try to paint him as a hippie and convince her that he has dirty secrets. Then they try to set him up with the librarian, who they think is a gentle woman. Finally they try to object in the wedding like they do in the TV, but before they can do that they meet the supposed partner of her woman and she says "Nothing is perfect enough for my little brother". Then they meet that who he is marrying and it turns out that its a guy, barely anyone makes a fuzz over it and the kids are glad they aren't getting a lot of homework.

That's the whole episode. If anyone thinks there is propaganda feel free to point it out.
    Thankyou for the full context much appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    Compelling desire to avoid something is not the same as choosing to avoid something.
    Being afraid of something leads to a compelling desire to avoid something.

I am open about my straight sexual orientation and also open about me being homophobic
    I'm not afraid of gay people. I just don't want them in my surroundings.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to homosexual propaganda either.
    I know how dare they show kids gay people exist and aren't horrible monsters. Now if they want to go back and fix the episode so their teacher is marrying a woman then I am all for that. Next your going to be telling kids black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, Middle Eastern people, disabled people, etc... exist. Cartoons can only show white straight Christian children on it with at least a 5 to 1 boy to girl ratio. Any more girls and it is propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I know how dare they show kids gay people exist and aren't horrible monsters. Now if they want to go back and fix the episode so their teacher is marrying a woman then I am all for that. Next your going to be telling kids black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, Middle Eastern people, disabled people, etc... exist. Cartoons can only show white straight Christian children on it with at least a 5 to 1 boy to girl ratio. Any more girls and it is propaganda.
    And the girl is in the kitchen preparing sandwiches for all the boys.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I've seen this argument a lot not the Clint Eastwood one but that because Soldier was portrayed as a manly army man who was tough that it is shoehorned in that he's gay.. like gay people can't be those things.
    The notion gay people can't be cool or badasses is pretty patently bullshit, and I'd agree with you to say that it's patently homophobic to say "Oh well he's not acting in X way, therefore he can't be gay." Or vice versa

My feelings on it were based off the (perhaps erroneous) association with a given personality (so much so that I honestly thought his personality was an homage, a la Blizz's rather frequent pop culture references) rather than any feelings based on his individual traits. So in that context, it felt a little strange to me on the announcement. That's all.

I do offer my apologies though for any indication that I take issue with his sexuality per se; that wasn't my intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakylukia View Post
    Gay people placed in every form of media is nothing but a political gender war. I feel therefore sad for gay people who have to be represented by these other enforcers who do not really shine a light on them selves. If you are grown up you would understand that some people are like that. But you can not expect out of kids which kids are definitely NOT grown up, to understand what is going on.
    Kids understand it just fine. What you're mistaking is that when you lie to your kids about things like people being straight or gay, when they realize you've lied to them, it becomes an issue.

Because you lied to them.

Not because gay people exist and live normal lives.

The issue you're describing is one where parents indoctrinate their children into believing a lie, and that blows up in their face when their kids encounter the real world. And you're complaining about media that shows them that real world, because it challenges the lie you're telling them.

Well, tough nuts. Stop lying to your kids and pretending it's for their benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    And the girl is in the kitchen preparing sandwiches for all the boys.
    Oh good you scared me that this was going to turn into some SJW propaganda. Women outside of the kitchen being proactive that is almost as crazy as showing non straight white Christian children in shows.