Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And yet transmogging is now integral part of the game, somehow pleasing more than 2% of population. If anything, game needs more such mechanics, which aren't directly tied to any specific patch/expansion but instead become core features.
    Nah, transmog is the thing i can see every second of my gameplay and its simple as I want that big ass sword to show other noobs how megasuperawesome I am as for housing i really dont care what pixelated picture is hanging on my pixelalated houses wall, heck i dont care what pictures are hanging in my real house why should i care about some ingame housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    "useless feature" is incredibly subjective and short sighted. WoWs side games are arguably what have given the game its shelf life up to this point. Just because you don't want the feature doesn't mean its a waste of time. I've never done a pet battle, don't care to ever do a pet battle, but other people find them immensely enjoying. See how that works?
    housing is a massive feature, and would require a shit load of dev time. the same dev time could instead be used on more non-accessory related content. SIMS are great games for housing, Two Point Hospital is good for that too, the core of WoW is the dungeons/raids/pvp/professions, and thats what i would love to see them improve with their resources, instead of putting them towards making wow into a different game

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    housing is a massive feature, and would require a shit load of dev time. the same dev time could instead be used on more non-accessory related content. SIMS are great games for housing, Two Point Hospital is good for that too, the core of WoW is the dungeons/raids/pvp/professions, and thats what i would love to see them improve with their resources, instead of putting them towards making wow into a different game
    The "core" of WoW being "dungeons/raids/pvp/professions" is a completely arbitrary distinction. For most of Vanilla WoW, the overwhelming majority of players had never even SEEN a raid. Blizzard has also always struggled with balancing professions, as their usefulness has been anywhere from "entirely optional" to "utterly mandatory" (anyone remember Resist armor sets?).

The game has never really been about "one thing". It certainly got more narrowly-focused over time, but transmogging is proof-positive that players are hugely supportive of non-combat features, particularly ones that aren't made obsolete each expansion (in fact, I dare say that the constant "resets" and increased level-caps are actively hurting the game now).

Again, Housing would need to be *COMPLETELY* cosmetic and optional. As the other poster suggested, it could even be built upon the Garrison system, just expanding it (giving us options to relocate it, change the building styles, more cosmetic choices, etc). Players hated Garrisons for a ton of reasons, but as long as you completely gut the "usefulness" features from it (ie. farming mats, getting buffs, fast travel, etc), I think they could expand the system to something really special.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Nah, transmog is the thing i can see every second of my gameplay and its simple as I want that big ass sword to show other noobs how megasuperawesome I am as for housing i really dont care what pixelated picture is hanging on my pixelalated houses wall, heck i dont care what pictures are hanging in my real house why should i care about some ingame housing.
    Still, where exactly do you get your "only 2% of people would care about it"? (I mean, I know you pulled it out of your behind, but still...) How does it compare to other in game activities? Housing in other games? New features that are used only in a single expansion - and not even particularily successful there, like Warfronts/Islands?

It does not have to be a huge thing that keeps you invested every single day for months on end. Maybe you'd go there couple times per patch to hang the newest Big Bad's head on the wall. Maybe not at all. And yet it's entirely possible that plenty of people would enjoy it a lot more and it'd become part of their gaming style.

If this feature was as useless as you believe, no MMORPG would have it - the time investment wouldn't match any potential returns. And yet, most of the do have some sort of housing. So either everyone other than Blizzard is an idiot or the feature actually has some uses.