Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You will literally claim anything negative about China is a lie, so what is the point in responding to you? You will defend anything and everything they do.
    Literally anything? No.
    99% of the shit you people post: Yes.

You live in a post-truth world.
    It's not just the Trumpist doing it, they only learned it from you.

Right so you can't ridicule their president for life who banned Winnie the Pooh.
    Pooh is not banned, making fun of him is.
    People see Pooh all the time, only when it's done in memes to attack him is it banned. Get your facts straight.

Memes aren't allowed here.
    And Tibet is already freed by Mao.

PS. I just linked a cable from the US government saying there was no Tiananmen Square Massacre and you STILL continue to act as if there is.
    Do you have any fucking idea how dumb and brainwashed you sound right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That sounds an awful lot like you're ridiculing politics. You shouldn't be allowed to do that.
    How is that ridiculing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    Go ahead and criticize the source.
    No need to, I actually live in China and have Chinese friends. Things that I see posted in this thread as absolute truth simply are not part of my experience or of anyone I know. Nope, WeChat still has Winnie the Pooh stickers and I send them all the time -- even to party members. I've searched tank guy at least half a dozen times since February, and my ISP identifies me as a Chinese woman (so not a special for foreigners exemption), but nobody comes to talk to me. I don't block pictures on this site, so I regularly see the Xi as Winnie the Pooh picture that is supposed to be so triggering -- it displays just fine and nobody comes to talk to me. I question the neutrality of the media on all sides, the Internet has become the weapon of choice today, but as limited as my sample size is I have to go by what I see happening.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Yes, this is a good thing. The communist government of China needs to be challenged. Places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. demonstrate what all of China could be like under a more democratic government.

Imagine how much more stable the world would be with democratic China as a balancing force to the US on the other side of the planet. North Korea would be neutered for a start since China was, until recently, the only country that had influence with the rogue nation and therefore all negotiations had to go through China giving the communist government incredible influence in the region.
    Ah yes, they need to be challenged. Preferably by the US military, right?
    And if they don't listen?
    If China won't listen, or if North Korea won't listen?
    You committed genocide against them once, will you do it again?
    Will you, once again, nuke asian countries to impose your will?

But most importantly: Are you willing to die for your ideals?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, he does.
    even non-joke forms of Winnie the Pooh aren't allowed because the president has skin as thin as... as... some sort of soft material one might cover a stuffed animal in.
    Nope, it's the law.

Like I said; sounds like China is in need of some good ol' fashioned civil disobedience.
    It doesn't need that, if you want to change things you can democratically change that. The only place where civil obedience is needed is in the west because the people have no voice there as has been shown by several researches.

I'm sorry dude, science says YOU are the undemocratic ones.

It is well known that no one dead in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square in 1989.

It is just another Trump's propaganda for his re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo
    Nope, it's the law.
    Well, you don't live in a place with lese majesty laws and don't get it! /s <bungee goes to the corner>
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Well, you don't live in a place with lese majesty laws and don't get it! /s <bungee goes to the corner>
    Well, actually...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A...A9#Netherlands

Going to jail for calling the queen a whore.. Or a month for calling the king a thief, rapist and murderer.

@Kangodo Yep, I know, that's why the /s was there. Still the examples make a point, and since I don't live in the Netherlands it is better coming from someone who does.

Nor are the Netherlands the only country with such laws. Odd that gets overlooked here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So perhaps it's time people took it a bit more serious?
    So what you're saying is that you're going to stop being a communist shill? Or is it a "do as I say, not as I do" type of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Rofl so very true.

There is so much bullshit spewed from Kangodo that I really appreciate someone picking out the little bullshit pieces and highlighting them as well.
    Trying to pick them all is impossible though. They multiply too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGoblin View Post
    lol, "dissidents" are where they belong.
    China needs no americanized idiots stirring up trouble
    If you delect some more, you'll totally get an argument there All you need is more faith in glorious leader Xi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Now you've done it. Now you've really triggered kangodo.
    I know he denies plenty of things, but what would be his issue with Armenian genocide? It wasn't done by the commies.

Literally anything? No.
    99% of the shit you people post: Yes.

You live in a post-truth world.
    It's not just the Trumpist doing it, they only learned it from you.
    As opposed to your far left fringe horseshit sources that repeatedly contradict each other (not to mention you, because you post them without reading)

Memes aren't allowed here.
    And Tibet is already freed by Mao.
    Ah, yes, getting invaded and incorporated by foreign nation is super freeing.

@Kangodo Yep, I know, that's why the /s was there. Still the examples make a point, and since I don't live in the Netherlands it is better coming from someone who does.

Nor are the Netherlands the only country with such laws. Odd that gets overlooked here.
    I'm confused. Are relicts of monarchism supposed to vindicate China here? Let alone the general whataboutism behind those examples?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I nominate this post for post of the year, all years.

The Chinese are spreading to much disinformation on this topic.

The video above is a documentary about the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're going to stop being a communist shill? Or is it a "do as I say, not as I do" type of thing?
    I take it seriously, which is exactly why I promote communism.
    We all know this will end up with you picking up arms trying to suppress us.

Ah, yes, getting invaded and incorporated by foreign nation is super freeing.
    It is when they install democracy and get rid of feudalism and slavery.

Let me show you what kind of people you're defending: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-1069859.html
    Shit like that was normal in Tibet. The monks were fucking terrible and the majority of Tibet is glad they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes
    I'm confused. Are relicts of monarchism supposed to vindicate China here? Let alone the general whataboutism behind those examples?
    Ah, the good old whataboutism excuse. Before that, there was "the pot calling the kettle black" or if you want to get fancier we can go over to the maxims of equity for "He who seeks equity must do equity".

The "ZOMG" Winnie the Pooh is illegal", while also being dead wrong, is used to project a pretty propagandistic image of a foreign leader from a completely different culture. Call it a relic of monarchy if you wish, are you Dutch though? Although divisive, as far as I recall, the Dutch have revisited this relic in the past few years and chosen to retain it. It seems like not everyone sees the world though precisely the same lenses, and this isn't just some wild Chinese idea drummed up out of thin air to support current leadership.

Ah, the good old whataboutism excuse. Before that, there was "the pot calling the kettle black" or if you want to get fancier we can go over to the maxims of equity for "He who seeks equity must do equity".

The "ZOMG" Winnie the Pooh is illegal", while also being dead wrong, is used to project a pretty propagandistic image of a foreign leader from a completely different culture. Call it a relic of monarchy if you wish, are you Dutch though? Although divisive, as far as I recall, the Dutch have revisited this relic in the past few years and chosen to retain it. It seems like not everyone sees the world though precisely the same lenses, and this isn't just some wild Chinese idea drummed up out of thin air to support current leadership.
    He's from Poland.

Ah yes, they need to be challenged. Preferably by the US military, right?
    And if they don't listen?
    If China won't listen, or if North Korea won't listen?
    You committed genocide against them once, will you do it again?
    Will you, once again, nuke asian countries to impose your will?

But most importantly: Are you willing to die for your ideals?
    Where did I say anything about using military force? The Soviet Union fell without any large scale military conflicts and China is far less antagonistic to the world at large than they were. Changes in China need to be brought about through their own people deciding that they will no longer live under oppression. External military actions are not needed. The world would be vastly improved if those changes came about.

As for genocide, what in god's green earth are you talking about? China has a population of 1.4 billion people and there are Chinese people spread all over the world. I doubt they need to worry about genocide even if some country was crazy and evil enough to try.

I will not die for China's freedom. It is up to them to decide if their freedom is worth dying for. The person who stood in front of those tanks certainly understood that.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Back in 1989, Deng Xiaoping, the leader of communist China said, "a million dead Chinese is nothing." Talking about suppressing the demonstrating students.

Do you think exhibits like this do anything good?
    Yes because they test the boundaries of free speech. Art exhibits are good exercises to understand how a government handles censorship while defining the extent of citizen rights. This is a bold move, even more so since it happened in Taiwan.
    Moderator of the Lore and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Nope, it's the law.
    So you're contesting that Winnie the Pooh is an inherently political entity and therefore deserves to be forbidden in China?

Because it sounds to me like the thin-skinned president and his political cronies took a joke aimed at disparaging his appearance way too far and took it out on a cartoon bear.

Can you imagine being even more sensitive than Donald Trump? It'd be like Donald Trump forbidding the sale of Cheetos; something you, apparently, feel would be a right and justified thing.

The ban is silly. It makes China look silly. It makes the president of China look silly. It makes the rest of the world go "Really? What a bunch of morons." It reinforces the notion that any and all political dissidence, no matter how paltry and petty, is met with extreme overreaction, because they're afraid that their grip is so tenuous that something as stupid as Winnie the Pooh could lead to their downfall.

It's what people that aren't confident in their rule do.

Which I mean I guess makes sense for China; they've always had a tumultuous political climate. Hell they changed political hands within living memory; they could do it again. But you know what they say; A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

It doesn't need that, if you want to change things you can democratically change that. The only place where civil obedience is needed is in the west because the people have no voice there as has been shown by several researches.
    "shown by several researches"

Are any of them... credible? You seem to use that sentence a lot but never verify them.

And no, I don't consider "China considers China to be the most bestest place ever" or "Communism Today rates China A-okay" to be credible.

I'm sorry dude, science says YOU are the undemocratic ones.
    Uh huh.

At least I can go buy Winnie the Pooh merchandise whenever I please.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-05-23 at 10:06 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you're contesting that Winnie the Pooh is an inherently political entity and therefore deserves to be forbidden in China?
    Winnie the Pooh isn't banned in China.
    We just had a Chinese citizen here telling you that it's not banned and that he occasionally uses the images on his phone.
    At this point you're just blocking out anything that doesn't feed into your white supremacy story.
    Because it sounds to me like the thin-skinned president and his political cronies took a joke aimed at disparaging his appearance way too far and took it out on a cartoon bear.
    It sounds like that to you because you only hear what you want to hear.
    Can you imagine being even more sensitive than Donald Trump? It'd be like Donald Trump forbidding the sale of Cheetos; something you, apparently, feel would be a right and justified thing.
    No, it would be like the UK banning comedians from using footage of their parliament in their shows.. Ooh wait, they do!

The ban is silly. It makes China look silly. It makes the president of China look silly. It makes the rest of the world go "Really? What a bunch of morons." It reinforces the notion that any and all political dissidence, no matter how paltry and petty, is met with extreme overreaction, because they're afraid that their grip is so tenuous that something as stupid as Winnie the Pooh could lead to their downfall.
    Why is a ban on ridiculing politics for entertainment silly? The law was created with majority support, like most things in China. So the population doesn't seem to mind.

"the rest of the world"
    Lol, I know this will make you running to your mother crying and all, but you do know that you're not the entire world?

"shown by several researches"
    Are any of them... credible? You seem to use that sentence a lot but never verify them.
    And no, I don't consider "China considers China to be the most bestest place ever" or "Communism Today rates China A-okay" to be credible.
    So rather than investigate you decide to make fun of shit and start acting like a complete clown?
    "Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence."

China (94%) inspires the most confidence about its national direction. More than 9 in 10 Chinese citizens say that China is moving in the right direction.

PS. You wanna know how many Americans said the same thing? Thirty-freaking-seven percent.
    So almost two out of three people HATE the direction the country is going in but you want to argue that YOU are the democracy? Fucking hilarious.

At least I can go buy Winnie the Pooh merchandise whenever I please.
    So can Chinese people. As has been said by someone who actually lives there, but you just choose to ignore that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Where did I say anything about using military force? The Soviet Union fell without any large scale military conflicts
    The Soviet Union fell with a coup, there were uprisings against the coup and tons of people died. More people died when the economy died and life has been terrible for people ever since. The Cold War that preceded this had millions of deaths, it's quite sad we call it a "cold" war.
    Hmm, I looked it up and it says 25 million people died during the wars between capitalism and communism.

Is that what you want? To sabotage a country and have millions of people dying?

and China is far less antagonistic to the world at large than they were. Changes in China need to be brought about through their own people deciding that they will no longer live under oppression.
    But 95% of the people in China LIKE how things are going. Why are you people refusing to listen to these facts?
    And no. That's not research done by the government who will kill anyone who claims otherwise, as I am sure you would reply. This research is done by our companies, who asked people anonymously how they felt.

The world would be vastly improved if those changes came about.
    Wrong, the world would be objectively worse.
    What you mean is that white people would be better off because those Asians wouldn't be a threat anymore and we could freely dominate the world.. Until India becomes a large player and we have to destroy that country too. It seems that deep inside every liberal is a fascist, trying to get out.

I will not die for China's freedom. It is up to them to decide if their freedom is worth dying for. The person who stood in front of those tanks certainly understood that.
    Except he didn't die and he prevented the tanks to leave the place, he didn't prevent them from entering.

It's just funny and a little bit sad. China has all these modern trappings, internet, running water but the one thing they don't have and refuse to do is let people criticize the government.

All the progress they have made, all the profits go right back into protecting their fragile ego and precious image of the political party.

It's like being a parent raising a kid, giving him every advantage, and then not letting him make his own decisions, not letting him take his own tests, not letting him shoot his own baskets or run his own track, or swim his own swim competition. jesus christ dad take your hand off the steering wheel.

All of this leads to a ridiculous and degenerate culture of fear and silence.

Do you appreciate the fact that you can wake up every day and scream to the outside world "Donald Trump is a piece of shit!" You can do that every day, and still be free. You can do it on a train, you can do it on a plane, you can do it in the rain and no one will complain. You can do it in a song and you can do it in refrain, you can do it on the internet and you can do it in your brain.

You can criticize the left, you can criticize the right, you can criticize republicrats and demicans, and still go home at night. You can criticize Obama, Bush and Clinton you can criticize his wife. You can make a mockery of politics and still get on with your life.

I hope some day china has enough freedom where they can insult the government and nobody will give a shit.

No, he does not.
    Making fun of politicians isn't allowed because they take politics seriously.
    The same reason why the UK doesn't allow the usage of parliament-footage in comedy shows.

What massacre of Tiananmen Square?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...les-claim.html

Source?
    Lol. "We take politics seriously so you aren't allowed to make fun of politicians at all".. Wow... I hope most Chinese aren't as brainwashed as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Close, but no cigar. The lesson is "Green Jesus knows the way, infidel."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol. "We take politics seriously so you aren't allowed to make fun of politicians at all".. Wow... I hope most Chinese aren't as brainwashed as you.
    Perhaps it's better?
    In the West politics is like the final of America's Got Talent. Politics is treated like a game where everyone wants his team to win.

Our political system is rotten to the core.
    The '14 EU election in the UK had a turnout of 35%.
    The '19 EU election in the Netherlands had a 40% turnout.

People have no trust in the system, they are pessimistic about the future and they are this close to flocking to fascist parties.
    If you really don't see why our system is failing and how their system is better I give up. And I wish you all the luck when the Trump Gestapo starts knocking on your door. Cause I warned you.