10+ Year Old Account

THQ Acquired creators of Risen, Elex and Gothic.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...piranha-bytes/

I hope this means, we will get proper Gothic game, or at least reemasters. Meanwhile i start thinking, THQ is getting seriously nuts... They purchased KOA:R, Kingdom Come Deliverance and many other games. Idk what is going on, but i start fear.

Well, THQ was always known for having a wide array of game developers under their wings, before they went broke obviously. They had a boatload of great games because of that, it was just too bad that they made a lot of poor decisions over the years which cost them millions. Also THQ Nordic already published Elex if I'm not mistaken, so that would be the main reason for why they bought them.

Not sure what I should think about buying Piranha Bytes... Gothic 1 and 2 are still 2 of my favorite games of all time and I'm still hoping for a decent remaster. New graphics, a better combat system and better controls is all I'd want for those 2 games. I think that Piranha Bytes wants to move as far away as possible from the IP though.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Maybe they will release something else than another Gothic 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe they will release something else than another Gothic 2.
    I think that real issue is that they never menaged to release another gothic 2.

Hopefully this means a new "Warhammer 40k: Space Marine" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I think of THQ, the memory of low production quality games comes to mind.

I'm guessing they will keep the original labels as "studios", aka "developers".

Just more "developers" to be wary of in the future, thanks.

I´d love to see a reboot of the Gothic Series with new engine and stuff but true to the origins of the old games.

They were my favorites after all