Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    what they did was beyond stupid.
    It was straight up suicidal, as it turns out.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Ah yeah you can’t do any of that. The home owner is an idiot who went way over the line. The kid was an idiot also. But yeah the man should be charged based on the information so far.
    There's ppl targeting your son at your own home... im guessing you would of asked them what they were shooting your house with first huh? and then called the police probably.

I found this in another article... wtf

The father is being questioned, but police say it doesn't appear he'll be charged.

Three of the teens with paintball guns have been detained. They could be charged with anything from assault to criminal mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    How would he tell the difference if his house had never been shot at before? Some paintball guns can make a loud noise and depending on the siding makeup of the house, may sound loud also.
    It's not. I've gone paintballing through all of highschool and an entire arena of simultaneous paintball shots pale in comparison to any firearm shot. If a person can't tell then they have never heard a gun shot, which I question what sort of training a legal gun owner went through.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Gonna guess before even looking into it or reading the article that he was black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Hastily generalizing that all gun-owning citizens in the US walk out their doors and shoot whoever they want is wrong.

I think this incident simply demonstrates the dark truth about human beings: we lack emotional stability, so any emotional trigger could have deadly consequences. A person in a car could have easily done this, too, and killed more people. So this incident can't be reduced to gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    The father is being questioned, but police say it doesn't appear he'll be charged.

Three of the teens with paintball guns have been detained. They could be charged with anything from assault to criminal mischief.
    Jesus. America is a post apocalyptic circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I found this in another article... wtf
    It's Texas, if you feel your life could be in danger on your own property you're given the A-Ok to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Hastily generalizing that all gun-owning citizens in the US walk out their doors and shoot whoever they want is wrong.

I think this incident simply demonstrates the dark truth about human beings: we lack emotional stability, so any emotional trigger could have deadly consequences. A person in a car could have easily done this, too, and killed more people. So this incident can't be reduced to gun control.
    No, not all human beings. American citizens. Shit like that does not happen or go unpunished in the rest of the civilized world.

Paintball guns aren't supposed To be used outside of specific facilities. They can actually really hurt you and if you aren't wearing eye covering that is bad news. I did paintball and I got bruised all over. Not to mention the property damage and them being "guns". Some paintball guns can actually be kind of loud.

What these kids were doing was beyond stupid. And it looks like they were bullies anyway that targeted a kids home.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-23 at 02:33 AM.

Both sides are insanely retarded and the dude who shot the 19 year old should get punished. The moment he justified walking outside the safety of his home with a loaded gun was the moment he opened the door to get slammed by the law. It would be one thing if the 19 year old broke into his house, but to walk off of your property and kill someone else, regardless of your reasoning, that's pretty idiotic.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No, not all human beings. American citizens. Shit like that does not happen or go unpunished in the rest of the civilized world.
    The article did not say whether the father will or will not be charged. He could be charged second-degree murder. So, again, hastily generalizing that America is lawless is demonstrably false.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    The article did not say whether the father will or will not be charged. He could be charged second-degree murder. So, again, hastily generalizing that America is lawless is demonstrably false.
    Other article said he won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    I would have been sniping people through my living room window.
    People like you are the reason Americans should not be allowed to own guns. The Swiss or Canadians own even more per capita, but shit like this does not happen in their countries. They have far, far lower gun violence and death rates.

Americans actively want to kill people. American gun owners itch at the finger for any reason to kill someone. It is a cultural thing. And because of that mentality can't be trusted with guns.

They brought paintball guns to a gun owners house, serves em right.

First thing I was told when I went to stay with a friend in Houston, was not to mess with anyone on their property.

Other article said he won't.
    The original article from the local news station says this: "So far no charges have been announced as the investigation continues."

This means that the investigation so far has produced no evidence of wrongdoing. But the investigation is on going, meaning no conclusion can be made until all evidence is gathered and analyzed.

oh...so someone shooting up your home...that's okay with a few here. But then I've come to the conclusion that some people have no problems receiving a beating either.

People like you are the reason Americans should not be allowed to own guns. The Swiss or Canadians own even more per capita, but shit like this does not happen in their countries. They have far, far lower gun violence and death rates.

Americans actively want to kill people. American gun owners itch at the finger for any reason to kill someone. It is a cultural thing. And because of that mentality can't be trusted with guns.
    I bet you home robberies/vandalism is a lot lower in canada and Swizzyland

If I actively wanted to kill people I would. If I felt my family/loved ones were at risk of harm I would do what I had to do. Just like the man that killed the person shooting at his house did. I would just do it smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    All guns can sound extremely different from one another. Also, as I've pointed out in a past post, I have paintball guns much louder than some of my small caliber weapons. And not all paintball guns use CO2.
    They don't sound nearly as loud as any (legal) firearms. Never have I ever seen someone wear ear protection in a paintball arena that has guns using CO2 and N2, indoors and outdoors. I've never tested how fast either can fire but most arena regulates below 300fps shots. Will it sound loud when hitting a surface? Sure. Will the shot itself sound loud? No, I can clap louder than a paintball gun.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-05-23 at 02:49 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They don't sound nearly as loud as any (legal) firearms. Never have I ever seen someone wear ear protection in a paintball arena that has guns using CO2 and N2. I've never tested how fast either can fire but most arena regulates below 300fps shots. Will it sound loud when hitting a surface? Sure. Will the shot itself sound loud? No, I can clap louder than a paintball gun.
    So you're comparing the loudest (legal) gun to a paintball gun? Yeah and 50 cal is def louder than a paintball gun. But if you read my post you quoted, I said my paintball guns are louder than my "smaller caliber" guns. Smaller caliber rounds can still penetrate a house and kill people on the inside of the house.

And the loudness of a paintball gun depends on the barrel and the gas it uses. If you clapped as loud as some of my guns your hands would break.