Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    dude have you seen some of these things? these paintball guns have gotten ridiculously realistic since my day. some of them look like AR's and AK's. i dont even see where you could put the hopper and Co2 tank. i won't post all the pictures because THERE ARE SO MANY but you can look if you want.

i get it man, you don't like guns. this isn't your country, though. you just get an opinion because internet.

btw i don't own a gun and never plan to, but i believe in the right to own one should someone choose to.
    Yes, I have seen them...and some do look quite realistic...without the Hopper and CO2 tank. But since the gun is useless with those things...we can safely assume they were present. They also don't sound like real guns when they are fired or when the paintball impacts with a solid surface. I expect a gun owner knows what a gun sounds like.

I haven't said anything about being anti-gun. People get this idea that Canadians are anti-gun. We're not...we have lots of guns in Canada. I don't support taking guns away from any Canadian and I wouldn't vote for a political candidate that did.

What I am against is irresponsible gun owners killing kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredVet View Post
    That's because you've never had a gun pointed at you...

You have a right to an opinion but its as light as a feather.

- - - Updated - - -

So what your saying is that you would walk out into an unknown situation and be like "hey stop firing that gun at my house!"? Not knowing exactly what is hitting your house but you see weapons pointed at you. Those critical seconds if you have them determine if you live or die. Being an internet person weighing in...you don't have that on ground feeling to give a 100% answer. Hence why your opinion is just that...an opinion. If those kids were there to target the son and possibly "Kick his ass" or whatever then that's still grounds for self-defense. The father was protecting his son from possible life threatening injuries that could incur from a fist fight. Yes that can happen. So, what to take away from this? Don't screw with people when you don't know what their capable of.
    Indeed i have never had a gun pointed at me, but i have been tried to be stabbed and have been threatend with a knife several times when i have worked as a bouncer. In none of those situation have i wished i had a gun and i never wanted to kill the guy with the knife. If i had a gun, i would have showed it and told him to fuck off, which he proberly would have done.

Its also beside the point. What i think the problem is, is that some guy, in his own house, in his own neighborhood, thought he was in danger of being killed...Like, what kind of life do you have where you believe people are actually trying to kill you or your family in your own home?? Even to the point of when you get outside and see a kid with a gun-looking thing in his hand, you shoot for lethal intent? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Shooting to scare has a higher possibility of getting you killed than shoot to kill.

If you are shooting to scare, where exactly are you pointing the weapon when you squeeze off a round? Do you know for certain the projectile isn't going to hit another innocence?
    Shooting to scare have a higher possiblity of getting you killed, if people are actually trying to kill you. If you are not 100% sure, that they are trying to kill you, you should atleast shoot into the air once or twice to see if they are gonna run away.

The entire idea, that you are meet with a "kill or be killed" situation often enough, that you have to think about if shooting to scare will increase your chance of winning a gun-fight, is just insane. If you live in a place, where that is mind state is needed, you should proberly move.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    How many people have heard the sound in person of a paintball hitting a house?
    How many people have heard the sound in person of a bullet hitting a house?

In person, not a tv show or movie. Likely in the single digits of percentage. The average person will not have heard these sounds and thus you can't argue "he should have known".

Things released so far in the news:
    - 12-15 people were ON his property, firing at his house. Not on the street, not randomly hitting houses. Specifically his house, and from his front lawn.
    - Occurred around 11:30 pm, so it was dark
    - Some of the people were there specifically to fight his son.
    - There were multiple casings found at the scene, and the police haven't identified who they came from yet.

Aside from that the important questions are still unknown:
    - What did the paintball guns look / sound like?
    - Was the son aware that the people outside wanted to fight him, and did he tell his father as such?
    - What, if anything, was spoken between the father and the people outside when he came outside?
    - What actions, if any, were taken by the people outside once the father came outside?

This could go either way as more details come out.

Maybe the father just went out and shot a guy holding a clear paintball gun.

Maybe the group on the lawn texted the son and told him they were here to kick is ass, and when the father came out one of them took a shot at him. You then have threat of violence against your family, violence by a mob directed at him and they're on his property. Pretty sure that will clear grounds for self defense.

You are indeed likely not to get killed by a paintball. However, there are also reasons why everyone in a paintball match wear masks, specifically eye protection. There are also reasons why they tell you not to pick up any paintballs off the ground and put them in your gun.

The group were idiots. No one deserved to die from it, but sometimes when you do stupid things people die.
    I wish I could upvote post
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Wrong, NIXON was Impeached but was not removed from Office.
    Stop Lying, you seem to have a poor understanding of American History.
    This is what I argue with daily...

I cant even legally kill myself but someone who kills a teenager can get off scot free? Sounds fucked.

Time and again I am astounded how natural it is for Americans to casually, callously, take a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Time and again I am astounded how natural it is for Americans to casually, callously, take a life.
    To kill someone that is 19 years old seems to be more okay then "killing" an unborn child... In some states. Pretty fucked up but that's Murica for you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's not. I've gone paintballing through all of highschool and an entire arena of simultaneous paintball shots pale in comparison to any firearm shot. If a person can't tell then they have never heard a gun shot, which I question what sort of training a legal gun owner went through.
    Maybe none. That was my point about the homeowner. I have never shot or used paintball guns. But other people on here who have, they said they can be loud as a small caliber firearm. Now, who am I to believe. You or them? And why you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I wish I could upvote post
    It was a excellent one. The best post in this thread.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    dont attack somebodies house/property then?
    Would you kill a man for painting your fence without your permission?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Oh btw, reported, you replied faster than the run time of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I ultimately agree that the small details will matter; like the look of the paintball gun, some of them can very well resemble actual firearms. But here is where I'm confused:

Did he approach them in person? Why if he thought his house was getting shot at?
    This goes back to the complete lack of detailed information on what happened.

Did he walk out with a rifle in his hand, approach the group, exchange words, and then fire?
    Did he walk out the door and immediately open fire?
    Or was it somewhere in between?

So many key aspects of the encounter are missing.

This goes back to the complete lack of detailed information on what happened.

Did he walk out with a rifle in his hand, approach the group, exchange words, and then fire?
    Did he walk out the door and immediately open fire?
    Or was it somewhere in between?

So many key aspects of the encounter are missing.
    Indeed. We can really only skim at the situation and its outcome.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Yeah its an hillarious country to watch. Here the old guy walks out and yell git off my lawn you little twirp. In the US their gun boner is so big, guy walks out, start shooting at someones car lmao. Country full of no fucking balls, even an eldery woman in other first world countries go outside without a gun to tell people to piss off.
    Come to america Keyboard warrior and run that sweet mouth here and you will find out about no balls.. I bet you have nvr left your 3rd world shithole anyhow....

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Would you kill someone whose dog pooped on your lawn when they got to pick it up?

Try to argue honestly, is that what happened? Someone was painting a fence and home owner came out and shot him? It's not even remotely the same thing. It's sad when people stoop to silly arguments to make a point.

I am betting he will get charged based on the limited info.
    There is VERY little chance that he will be charged. Out of all the "I thought he was armed" or "feared for my safety" excuses, a group of people actually shooting at your house with stuff that look like guns is a very passable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Come to america Keyboard warrior and run that sweet mouth here and you will find out about no balls.. I bet you have nvr left your 3rd world shithole anyhow....
    Many of my friends live in the United shit of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, I have seen them...and some do look quite realistic...without the Hopper and CO2 tank. But since the gun is useless with those things...we can safely assume they were present. They also don't sound like real guns when they are fired or when the paintball impacts with a solid surface. I expect a gun owner knows what a gun sounds like.
    So far from what has been reported there have been at least three paintball guns present. Can you confirm that none of them looked at any way realistic at 11:30 pm from a distance? I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What I am against is irresponsible gun owners killing kids.
    Which is something that didn't happen here. No kids were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Compared to most Western nations, the US is far closer to being a 3rd world country.

Try to argue honestly, is that what happened? Someone was painting a fence and home owner came out and shot him? It's not even remotely the same thing. It's sad when people stoop to silly arguments to make a point.
    A paintball gun is not even remotely a real gun either. It does not sound like a real gun either. If you have a firearm, you should have some practice with it, and you would absolutely be able to tell a gunshot from a paintball gun.

So far from what has been reported there have been at least three paintball guns present. Can you confirm that none of them looked at any way realistic at 11:30 pm from a distance? I'm guessing not.
    You can absolutely tell by sound that no actual firearm was present.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2019-05-23 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Oh btw, reported, you replied faster than the run time of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    There is VERY little chance that he will be charged. Out of all the "I thought he was armed" or "feared for my safety" excuses, a group of people actually shooting at your house with stuff that look like guns is a very passable one.
    Shooting at someones car is what I think will get him.

Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I cant even legally kill myself but someone who kills a teenager can get off scot free? Sounds fucked.
    It really does depend on context. But there are, absolutely, certain conditions under which someone should get off scot-free.

A paintball gun is easy enough to confuse with a real gun, making it perfectly plausible that the guy believed he was acting in self defence against a real threat to his life and those of his family members. Given that a person died, there needs to be an investigation, and it is entirely possible that the facts may tell another story, in which case there would be more severe consequences. But taken at face value, this does seem to me like a case in which the father does not deserve to be criminally convicted.

That's not to say that America's gun culture isn't a significant contributor to this problem. But you can't blame the individual for that particular context.

Compared to most Western nations, the US is far closer to being a 3rd world country.
    Only in big inner cities that allow gang members to kill each other. Rural areas are really nice, it's nice to have a big home and not live in a 1 bedroom flat with crazy rent prices.