Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    To kill someone that is 19 years old seems to be more okay then "killing" an unborn child... In some states. Pretty fucked up but that's Murica for you.
    because 19 year olds are far more likely to have done something deserving of getting killed, whereas and unborn child has had no chance to, the mother wanted it dead for convenience.

  2. #342
    Pandaren Monk roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    1) "So, no then" as in you don't even know the odds you're asking me about.

    Good job.
    Do you? You have presented no evidence on your side, other than "oh yeah I have a shotgun so I'd totally kill the bad guy".

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    2) Why are you threatening my family? I will report you.

    I'm glad you understand how hypotheticals work. If it helps you understand the situation so you can address it, substitute "I" with "the hypothetical attacker" and "you" with "the hypothetical defender".


    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    3) It wasn't an accident. The home owner intended to kill the person shooting at his house.

    And yes I would. The dumbass shouldn't have been grouped up with 10 other morons in the middle of the night on some dudes property shooting at his house.

    Darwinism is Darwinism

    I'm done responding to you and reading your pointless posts. You're not even a challenge.
    Is a forum a place for fights, or a search for truth? You sound like you just want to pick fights, not challenge your viewpoints to make them better. Anyways, best of luck out there.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    because 19 year olds are far more likely to have done something deserving of getting killed, whereas and unborn child has had no chance to, the mother wanted it dead for convenience.
    Like the terrible terrible crime of shooting paint at a fence.

  4. #344
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    While unfortunate, I don't think he did anything wrong. It was reasonable to assume his life was in danger and he defended himself.

    If someone was running at you with a rubber knife at night and you stabbed them to death, are you a criminal?
    He walked outside of the safety of his house to confront someone whom he suspected of having a loaded gun, then proceeds to shoot the person. He 100% did something wrong. If you are fearful for your life, then bunker down in the safety of your home and wait for it to pass or for help to arrive. Keep your gun on the door and light up whoever tries to break in. Had he done that, everyone would still be alive. I'm not going to waste my breath rationalizing stupid teens and the stupid shit they do. "Breaking news at 11, teens do stupid shit because they didn't think it through!" You'd expect a seasoned adult to know better, but the loser wanted to play vigilante and now someone is dead. He deserves 2nd degree manslaughter.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    He walked outside of the safety of his house to confront someone whom he suspected of having a loaded gun, then proceeds to shoot the person. He 100% did something wrong. If you are fearful for your life, then bunker down in the safety of your home and wait for it to pass or for help to arrive. Keep your gun on the door and light up whoever tries to break in. Had he done that, everyone would still be alive. I'm not going to waste my breath rationalizing stupid teens and the stupid shit they do. "Breaking news at 11, teens do stupid shit because they didn't think it through!" You'd expect a seasoned adult to know better, but the loser wanted to play vigilante and now someone is dead. He deserves 2nd degree manslaughter.
    Agreed. IF he truly believed the teens had real guns, then he must be entirely retarded.
    "Huh there's like a dozen or so people outside with guns, shooting up the neighbourhood. I know what I'll do! I'll grab my own gun, casually stroll out there in front of them all, and shoot one of them! I'M SO SMART!"

    The guy either wanted to die, or wanted to kill. Or maybe both.

    (Plus you'd think a gun owner would be able to tell the difference between a gunshot and a paintball pop.)

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I bet youll run to get your gun lmao.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Shooting paintball, definitivly.. Im in Canada a country where guns and paintballs are legal and i know paintballs sounds nothing alike. Texas is def small balls area, need that gun to make up for it.
    Im a Felon No gun needed

  7. #347
    The left: "Stop bullying!"

    Also the left: "Guns bad!"

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    1) What are the actual odds that someone attacks your wife and kids?
    2) Why do you need a gun to defend yourself? Wouldn't a knife or bat suffice in most situations?
    3) What's more likely: you successfully defending your family from a real criminal, or you accidentally killing someone who you mistook for a criminal? Probably the latter.

    I know plenty of people in rural Canada that are just fine without stand your ground laws.
    1) Pretty high (certainly higher than the odds in rural Canada) seeing as the city I live in is consistently ranked one of the most dangerous in the United States. Why? Inner-city gangs and crime associated with them.
    2) Because THEY ARE ARMED. Good luck with that bat against a handgun.
    3) I keep well maintained firearms and have experience with them for many years. It's amazing how safe firearms are if treated with the respect they deserve. I feel pretty confident a dude breaking into my home probably isn't a fucking Jehovah's Witness.

    In short I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

    I don't jerk off to home invasion scenarios, nor do I ever want to have to use a firearm on another human being- but I wont stick my head in the sand and pretend the world is a safe place and I won't ever have a need to defend my family- or at least attempt to.
    Last edited by Didly; 2019-05-24 at 02:00 PM.

  9. #349
    Mechagnome Reaper0329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    1) Pretty high (certainly higher than the odds in rural Canada) seeing as the city I live in is consistently ranked one of the most dangerous in the United States. Why? Inner-city gangs and crime associated with them.
    2) Because THEY ARE ARMED. Good luck with that bat against a handgun.
    3) I keep well maintained firearms and have experience with them for many years. It's amazing how safe firearms are if treated with the respect they deserve. I feel pretty confident a dude breaking into my home probably isn't a fucking Jehovah's Witness.

    In short I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

    I don't jerk off to home invasion scenarios, nor do I ever want to have to use a firearm on another human being- but I wont stick my head in the sand and pretend the world is a safe place and I won't ever have a need to defend my family- or at least attempt to.
    A wise man once said "A gun is a lot like a parachute; if you need one and don't have one, you won't need one ever again."

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    The left: "Stop bullying!"

    Also the left: "Guns bad!"
    Are you implying some sort of contradiction between those two positions?

  11. #351
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    The left: "Stop bullying!"

    Also the left: "Guns bad!"
    And the right: "Stop bullying guns! You're making them cry!"

    Or something. Seriously, how did you think there was a contradiction there?

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Would you kill a man for painting your fence without your permission?
    did he paint the fence with something that looked like a gun and made loud banging sounds? maybe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •