Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    1) What are the actual odds that someone attacks your wife and kids?
    2) Why do you need a gun to defend yourself? Wouldn't a knife or bat suffice in most situations?
    3) What's more likely: you successfully defending your family from a real criminal, or you accidentally killing someone who you mistook for a criminal? Probably the latter.

I know plenty of people in rural Canada that are just fine without stand your ground laws.
    1) Pretty high (certainly higher than the odds in rural Canada) seeing as the city I live in is consistently ranked one of the most dangerous in the United States. Why? Inner-city gangs and crime associated with them.
    2) Because THEY ARE ARMED. Good luck with that bat against a handgun.
    3) I keep well maintained firearms and have experience with them for many years. It's amazing how safe firearms are if treated with the respect they deserve. I feel pretty confident a dude breaking into my home probably isn't a fucking Jehovah's Witness.

In short I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I don't jerk off to home invasion scenarios, nor do I ever want to have to use a firearm on another human being- but I wont stick my head in the sand and pretend the world is a safe place and I won't ever have a need to defend my family- or at least attempt to.
    Last edited by Didly; 2019-05-24 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    1) Pretty high (certainly higher than the odds in rural Canada) seeing as the city I live in is consistently ranked one of the most dangerous in the United States. Why? Inner-city gangs and crime associated with them.
    2) Because THEY ARE ARMED. Good luck with that bat against a handgun.
    3) I keep well maintained firearms and have experience with them for many years. It's amazing how safe firearms are if treated with the respect they deserve. I feel pretty confident a dude breaking into my home probably isn't a fucking Jehovah's Witness.

In short I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I don't jerk off to home invasion scenarios, nor do I ever want to have to use a firearm on another human being- but I wont stick my head in the sand and pretend the world is a safe place and I won't ever have a need to defend my family- or at least attempt to.
    A wise man once said "A gun is a lot like a parachute; if you need one and don't have one, you won't need one ever again."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    The left: "Stop bullying!"

Also the left: "Guns bad!"
    Are you implying some sort of contradiction between those two positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    The left: "Stop bullying!"

Also the left: "Guns bad!"
    And the right: "Stop bullying guns! You're making them cry!"

Or something. Seriously, how did you think there was a contradiction there?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Would you kill a man for painting your fence without your permission?
    did he paint the fence with something that looked like a gun and made loud banging sounds? maybe