Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Would you kill a man for painting your fence without your permission?
    Try to argue honestly, is that what happened? Someone was painting a fence and home owner came out and shot him? It's not even remotely the same thing. It's sad when people stoop to silly arguments to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am betting he will get charged based on the limited info.
    There is VERY little chance that he will be charged. Out of all the "I thought he was armed" or "feared for my safety" excuses, a group of people actually shooting at your house with stuff that look like guns is a very passable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, I have seen them...and some do look quite realistic...without the Hopper and CO2 tank. But since the gun is useless with those things...we can safely assume they were present. They also don't sound like real guns when they are fired or when the paintball impacts with a solid surface. I expect a gun owner knows what a gun sounds like.
    So far from what has been reported there have been at least three paintball guns present. Can you confirm that none of them looked at any way realistic at 11:30 pm from a distance? I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What I am against is irresponsible gun owners killing kids.
    Which is something that didn't happen here. No kids were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Come to america Keyboard warrior and run that sweet mouth here and you will find out about no balls.. I bet you have nvr left your 3rd world shithole anyhow....
    Compared to most Western nations, the US is far closer to being a 3rd world country.

Try to argue honestly, is that what happened? Someone was painting a fence and home owner came out and shot him? It's not even remotely the same thing. It's sad when people stoop to silly arguments to make a point.
    A paintball gun is not even remotely a real gun either. It does not sound like a real gun either. If you have a firearm, you should have some practice with it, and you would absolutely be able to tell a gunshot from a paintball gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    So far from what has been reported there have been at least three paintball guns present. Can you confirm that none of them looked at any way realistic at 11:30 pm from a distance? I'm guessing not.
    You can absolutely tell by sound that no actual firearm was present.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2019-05-23 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    There is VERY little chance that he will be charged. Out of all the "I thought he was armed" or "feared for my safety" excuses, a group of people actually shooting at your house with stuff that look like guns is a very passable one.
    Shooting at someones car is what I think will get him.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I cant even legally kill myself but someone who kills a teenager can get off scot free? Sounds fucked.
    It really does depend on context. But there are, absolutely, certain conditions under which someone should get off scot-free.

A paintball gun is easy enough to confuse with a real gun, making it perfectly plausible that the guy believed he was acting in self defence against a real threat to his life and those of his family members. Given that a person died, there needs to be an investigation, and it is entirely possible that the facts may tell another story, in which case there would be more severe consequences. But taken at face value, this does seem to me like a case in which the father does not deserve to be criminally convicted.

That's not to say that America's gun culture isn't a significant contributor to this problem. But you can't blame the individual for that particular context.

Compared to most Western nations, the US is far closer to being a 3rd world country.
    Only in big inner cities that allow gang members to kill each other. Rural areas are really nice, it's nice to have a big home and not live in a 1 bedroom flat with crazy rent prices.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shooting at someones car is what I think will get him.
    Unless the evidence shows someone in the car was shooting at him or his son at the same time. Even if it was only a paintball gun. It was dark.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Unless the evidence shows someone in the car was shooting at him or his son at the same time. Even if it was only a paintball gun. It was dark.
    If that did happen, then yeah.

Only in big inner cities that allow gang members to kill each other. Rural areas are really nice, it's nice to have a big home and not live in a 1 bedroom flat with crazy rent prices.
    Do you think gang violence is the definition of a 3rd world country?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The guy still deserves to rot in prison. Typical American attitude though. I am just waiting for people like yourself to support reality tv game shows involving shooting up elementary schools for prizes. I'm sure you would be first in line.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Do you think gang violence is the definition of a 3rd world country?
    Well you can't be talking about poverty, we do pretty well. What makes you think this place is close to a 3rd world country? It's a statement born out of ignorance, probably by people who never been outside their city.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A paintball gun is not even remotely a real gun either. It does not sound like a real gun either. If you have a firearm, you should have some practice with it, and you would absolutely be able to tell a gunshot from a paintball gun.

You can absolutely tell by sound that no actual firearm was present.
    I love how you can know with such absolute certainty, given the limited amount of information you have, exactly how the person perceived the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of debating something with no details. Thread should just be locked unless OP cleans this shit up. It's like trying to determine fault of a car crash you never saw.

Well you can't be talking about poverty, we do pretty well. What makes you think this place is close to a 3rd world country? It's a statement born out of ignorance, probably by people who never been outside their city.
    Actually, the US has a very high poverty rate.

https://qz.com/879092/the-us-doesnt-...loped-country/

This puts it in an easy-to-read format which you'll need, otherwise just follow the source and compare the US to actual developed nations on the OECD website.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I love how you can know with such absolute certainty, given the limited amount of information you have, exactly how the person perceived the situation.
    I have a hard time seeing a scenario where a paintbull gun can be mistaken for an actual gun.

Duh...PAINTBALLS. They wanted to repaint his fence. Brushes just happened to look like guns.

Actually, the US has a very high poverty rate.

https://qz.com/879092/the-us-doesnt-...loped-country/

This puts it in an easy-to-read format which you'll need, otherwise just follow the source and compare the US to actual developed nations on the OECD website.
    Kids who live in poverty are taken care of through social programs. There is a reason people are risking their life to come to the US and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Shooting to scare have a higher possiblity of getting you killed, if people are actually trying to kill you. If you are not 100% sure, that they are trying to kill you, you should atleast shoot into the air once or twice to see if they are gonna run away.
    Firing a gun into the air is reckless, dangerous, and in the vast majority of cases, illegal. What goes up, must come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What's the point of debating something with no details. Thread should just be locked unless OP cleans this shit up. It's like trying to determine fault of a car crash you never saw.
    The red car was at fault. Prove me wrong.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Kids who live in poverty are taken care of through social programs. There is a reason people are risking their life to come to the US and not the other way around.
    https://data.oecd.org/inequality/pov...ndicator-chart

You're outranked in poverty by Israel, Costa Rica and South Africa, congrats. That includes kids, adults and the elderly. If you had PROPER social programs, this might not have been the case.