Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Requirements for Tauren character
    Must be level 120
    Exalted with Thunderbluff
    Exalted with Zandalari Empire (Required for Vol’jin Questline)
    Exalted with the Honorbound (for War Campaign)
    Completed the Vol’jin Questline (Which is tied into the War Campaign)
    Beat Ghuun from Uldir in at least LFR difficulty
    Beat Jaina Proudmoore from Battle of Dazar’alor in at least LFR difficulty
    Completed the “Ready for War” War Campaign from 8.0
    Completed the “Tides of Vengeance” War Campaign from 8.1
    Completed the quest “Stay of Execuion” from the War Campaign from 8.2
    Completed a short race-related quest.
    Oh and for the Tauren, this must be all completed on the same character.

Gnomes just have: "Be level 120", "Be exalted with Gnomregan", and "complete a short questline related to their race".
    Seems like a very tall requirement.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be because I'm a mage so i have zero travel time, but I feel Gnome one could take longer.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    A few expansions from now the raids will be soloable especially on normal. Hell, it will probably only be 1 expac until it’s soloable.

That is a ton of requirements though. A lot of them will be completed passively if you actually played on a Tauren but unless you race change you’d have to do all that from scratch which is a tall order for heritage armor imo.
    Feels more like race-change bait if it's true that you need all of that. Even if I had an alt that was Tauren, having all that finished would be something only applicable for my main probably..

If they add a tinker class.. I"ll make a Gnome and get the gnome one. Otherwise. Meh.

I do wish we'd get heritage weapons with the armor. The Dark irons had some cool shit on npcs.

ooh ya heritage weapons and accessories would be cool! maybe add them in later to continue the heritage quest content, which I enjoy getting more story and lore direct fora specific race. since we only have 1 race set for each race (eventually I think) they could add more sets in the future too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Requirements for Tauren character
    Must be level 120
    Exalted with Thunderbluff
    Exalted with Zandalari Empire (Required for Vol’jin Questline)
    Exalted with the Honorbound (for War Campaign)
    Completed the Vol’jin Questline (Which is tied into the War Campaign)
    Beat Ghuun from Uldir in at least LFR difficulty
    Beat Jaina Proudmoore from Battle of Dazar’alor in at least LFR difficulty
    Completed the “Ready for War” War Campaign from 8.0
    Completed the “Tides of Vengeance” War Campaign from 8.1
    Completed the quest “Stay of Execuion” from the War Campaign from 8.2
    Completed a short race-related quest.
    Oh and for the Tauren, this must be all completed on the same character.

Gnomes just have: "Be level 120", "Be exalted with Gnomregan", and "complete a short questline related to their race".
    Well guess I'm not doing the Tauren quest then. Was even leveling one too. What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I do wish we'd get heritage weapons with the armor. The Dark irons had some cool shit on npcs.
    That is true for so many. I still want to get my hands on some of the nightborne models that Blizzard never made available ...

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No, but having seen screens of the quests on the PTR, they're very underwhelming. Just some random ghosts bothering kodo for the Tauren, and the gnomes get... well, slightly better in that they actually get an airforce, but there's no PASSION in the Tauren's quests at all.

I think that's because so many of the regular leveling quests cover Tauren lore pretty well. Respect the Earthmother, respect the spirits, for the horde yadda yadda.

There's really not much else going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think that's because so many of the regular leveling quests cover Tauren lore pretty well. Respect the Earthmother, respect the spirits, for the horde yadda yadda.

There's really not much else going on there.
    Kinda sad that this guy has the right of it

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mixin%27_Mojo_Kojo

To tauren
    My people founded civilization at de dawn of time, and have carried de rest of you on our backs ever since. Tell me, Tauren, what have your people ever done worth remembering? I can't think of a single thing.
    Twas brillig

There's always Sunbros. I mean...Sunwalkers. XD

Seriously, they need to go into Grimtotem lore. Show us the dark, vicious side of angry cows. Sleeping giants.

There's always Sunbros. I mean...Sunwalkers. XD

Seriously, they need to go into Grimtotem lore. Show us the dark, vicious side of angry cows. Sleeping giants.
    How would Sunwalkers help? Dezco is a paladin wannabe and he sucks.
    Twas brillig

How would Sunwalkers help? Dezco is a paladin wannabe and he sucks.
    That was a joke.

I think holy-cows are funny and worth having in the game for the lols, but there's no real place in the lore for them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well guess I'm not doing the Tauren quest then. Was even leveling one too. What a joke
    "Don't believe every bullshit you see on internet" ~Abraham Lincoln. All we know that Taurens need to complete Baine 8.2 quest for lore reasons.

That was a joke.

I think holy-cows are funny and worth having in the game for the lols, but there's no real place in the lore for them.
    Not without custom spell graphics and armor that actually suits them.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "Don't believe every bullshit you see on internet" ~Abraham Lincoln. All we know that Taurens need to complete Baine 8.2 quest for lore reasons.
    True I wasn't thinking too clearly. Reading through that list again it does seem like most of that should be account-wide seeing as you get achievements for all those steps.

On a side topic of tauren lore: Is there an in game reason for no tauren forsaken? I know we have tauren DKs(among other races), and elf forsaken. But other than game mechanics and programming reasons, has there ever been an explanation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Both are cool but I'm not sure why are the Tauren wearing so many feathers, or why they like that eagle so much.

It feels more like a Skytotem thing. Shouldn't it be more Kodo-themed or something? o_o Is there any Eagle in the quest?
    Yeah, I thought they looked very ofshooty, not classic taureny. However I like very much.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

While Tauren haven't done much, not sure quoting the guy that thinks trolls have achieved much is a valid source for that. The trolls biggest achievment was probably that some of them evolved into elves a couple 10 millenia ago, who in turn turn started the first native advanced civiliations on azeroth. Zalandari to this day borrow their power from primal beings and their blessings because they can't properly unreavel the secrets of their world themselves. It's like the mayans had survived frozen in time and then show up and start lecturing someone from the british empire during the 2nd industrial revolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    True I wasn't thinking too clearly. Reading through that list again it does seem like most of that should be account-wide seeing as you get achievements for all those steps.
    Most of the stuff on that list is currently just the whole chain for the horde war campaign. Afaik you simply can't skip that as of yet. So unless they ad an option for that or drop it as an requirement it seems like you indeed need to finish most of the war campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Yeah, I thought they looked very ofshooty, not classic taureny. However I like very much.
    They pretty much only have the native american theme going for them and (some of) the highmountain ones just for some reason ride on (way too small) eagles. I think blizzard should have at least tried to differntiate which tribe they belong to a bit stronger. At the end of the day the biggest difference is that some have moose antlers while other have bull horns and one prefer a huge plateau in a flat plains biome and the others a huge plateau in a more mountainous biome.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While Tauren haven't done much, not sure quoting the guy that thinks trolls have achieved much is a valid source for that. The trolls biggest achievment was probably that some of them evolved into elves a couple 10 millenia ago, who in turn turn started the first native advanced civiliations on azeroth. Zalandari to this day borrow their power from primal beings and their blessings because they can't properly unreavel the secrets of their world themselves. It's like the mayans had survived frozen in time and then show up and start lecturing someone from the british empire during the 2nd industrial revolution.
    I think it's pretty biased to consider the Zandalari lesser for working with the Loa while giving elves credit when they relied on the Well.

The Zandalari had a thriving empire, vassal states, and are able to construct golems and such. You're caught up on aesthetics rather than the capabilities of an empire.

Even irl the Aztecs had a larger, cleaner, city than any in Europe.
    Twas brillig