Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Speculation — Vol’jin will save Sylvanas

Because he’ll find out who named her Warchief and why.
    “Many will not understand.”
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Would be nice plot twist. Also, I want to drink Alliance tears.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Because he’ll find out who named her Warchief and why.
    The Alliance certainly won't understand why that crazy bitch who committed genocide isn't dead yet. But do not worry, it's not like Blizzard cares about Alliance's development anyway.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The Alliance certainly won't understand why that crazy bitch who committed genocide isn't dead yet. But do not worry, it's not like Blizzard cares about Alliance's development anyway.
    She died already and like several times. Perhaps the statement of at the hour of her third death ushers our coming both points to her and Azeroth.

Well Vol'jin will need some familiar face in the shadowland expansion I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Apparently he doesn't either anymore.

It's obvious that there was supposed to be people in the Horde who didn't like her methods, but in the end they would see why Vol'jin chose her... but they backpedaled that so hard that his dying words of how he can see clearly and how he doesn't like her and how no one will understand, but she needs to be leader make zero sense anymore.

I fully believe Arthas Menethil III empowered Vol'jin. Arthas will be the main hero of the Shadowlands along side Sylvanas, we'll get a two-birds-one-stone redemption arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Apparently he doesn't either anymore.

It's obvious that there was supposed to be people in the Horde who didn't like her methods, but in the end they would see why Vol'jin chose her... but they backpedaled that so hard that his dying words of how he can see clearly and how he doesn't like her and how no one will understand, but she needs to be leader make zero sense anymore.
    Yeah this, pretty sure the dying quote doesn't mean that anymore and now it's just simply that he was being whispered by an old god or void lord or some dumb shit and the same person is also corrupted Sylv. No cool story here it's literally Garrosh 2.0, pretty sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by tocoman View Post
    I fully believe Arthas Menethil III empowered Vol'jin. Arthas will be the main hero of the Shadowlands along side Sylvanas, we'll get a two-birds-one-stone redemption arc.
    that would be so cool but i doubt blizz would have the brains to do it.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    that would be so cool but i doubt blizz would have the brains to do it.
    sadly, this is true.

We could have F*CKING AMAZING expansion(s) based on that story... but they won't have enough brains to pull it out. EVEN IF THEY WOULD- they would also implement some f*cked up system that would completely kill game play (like random "legendary" drops from WQs/dungeons, azerite shit-fest grinding, broken talent system, rng...)

Great Villains don't need redemption arcs. They need statisfying moments.

Right now, Sylvanas is the greatest Villain Blizzard came up with in quite some time. Looking back at how they totally wasted guys like Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Deathwing and pretty much all of the Orc Warlords from WoD...Sylvanas build-up is pretty ok so far.

It's also ok for a sizeable amount of people not hating on the main Villain. I would argue the very best villains ever in cinema and literature were quite likeable for parts of the audience. They were still reckless, selfish pieces of shit, though.

Maybe that is the main disconnect here....that for some people selfishness, even extreme selfishness, is not inherently a bad trait.

OT:
    It is indeed quite possible that they will make Vol'jin the Zeratul of WoW. You know? The "She must not die!!!!!!!"-Prophecy guy that is otherwise completely useless even if he was supposed to be really strong in earlier iterations of the game...

Currently, though, i think it is far more likely that Vol'jin finding out he was betrayed to name Sylvanas and by whom he was betrayed will just be another part of Sylvanas' departure from the Horde.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-20 at 01:17 AM.

"BfA is MoP 2.0! Repeat story! Lazy writing! Hey can we get another redemption arc, though?"

Vol'jin defending Sylvannas would go against everything he stands for, much like giving her the title in the first place. Thankfully, they've already shown whatever vision he had was pure bullshit, so we're safe from that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see a arc where we doing a sequences of quests where we can save sylvanas and return her back to a high elf cause with all the medicine and technology in game now why not? that or send us to an alternate timeline and we can prevent her from dying.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Do you think Sylvanas would step down if she found out it was N'zoth? I actually don't know at this point. She's evil in almost every sense of the word, but at the same time definitely would hate being puppeted. Been there, done that.

It would be amazing if it turned out the bad things she has done we're whispered to her by the same voice and are actually good in disguise however we don't know that until we've just killed her and it's too late, so she dies a hero.

What I mean by that is, say the burning of the tree was because it was corrupted and feeding the corruption of Azeroth by some void lord or something and the whispers are the remaining good of the world soul trying to save itself, I don't know I'm not a writer but you hopefully get what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2019-05-20 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    You know why: "DRAENOR IS FREE!!!" that's why...

In general, the idea that she have to die because she commited genocide to the Alliance is silly, but also the idea that the Alliance will just forget about it and brush it under the carpet is also silly.

Regardless if she's killed or not, the Alliance shouldn't just forget about this, heck, this event should push the Alliance or part of it, to change (most the NE and Worgen)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Do you think Sylvanas would step down if she found out it was N'zoth? I actually don't know at this point. She's evil in almost every sense of the word, but at the same time definitely would hate being puppeted. Been there, done that.
    No she’d keep her role as warchief and throw everything she has at Nzoth

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    What I mean by that is, say the burning of the tree was because it was corrupted and feeding the corruption of Azeroth by some void lord or something and the whispers are the remaining good of the world soul trying to save itself, I don't know I'm not a writer but you hopefully get what I'm getting at.
    So she had to burn the citizens, too?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    So she had to burn the citizens, too?

Asking for a friend...
    Maybe they were also corrupted? Mate I clearly said I'm not a writer and I was just trying to explain further what I was saying so people understood.