Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    First off all, we want to thank all of you who have shown interest in testing WoW Classic. Having extra eyes on so many aspects of the game is a huge help as we prepare for the upcoming release.

At this time, we’ve finished sending out all of the invites for the first stress test. This large invite wave took a number of hours to process, so please check that thread for details about it and we’ll see many of you there when the test begins later today. Also, don’t forget that we have a couple more stress tests scheduled, so keep an eye out for updates on those in the coming weeks.

Related to this, we’ve seen a lot of questions about the general invite process and want to clarify a few things. The method in which people are invited from the opt-in pool is not on a first-come-first-served basis, but instead we look at a variety of factors such as the age of the account. That said, the amount of closed beta invites that we’re sending out is rapidly decreasing as we have met our current population needs for testing. We’ll regularly reevaluate the need for additional invites as we go through the testing process.

Thank you for your continued interest in WoW Classic and we can’t wait to see you in Azeroth on August 27!

Yeah, age of account. Created on October 2005, pretty much always subbed since. Got the stress test invite. Thank you (not).

2005 account with no suspensions? check
    participated in every beta since cataclysm? check
    provided feedback on betas and ptrs? check
    streamer or youtuber? no check
    no classic beta invite because i can't help build hype

Been subscribed since day 1, got my invite. Can't wait to play when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    So, when they say they look over every account, they mean every account. theres at minimum 12 million accounts, not accounting in the slightest for people who might own 2 or more accounts. In that pool, you're a drop of water. The odds of you being selected for the cup, in this metaphor, is shockingly small.

Does it suck? Hell yeah it does.

Can you do anything about it? Not really.

It's anecdotal evidence to provide, but with exception to account age, you and I share the same statistics

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Man, I subbed up for wow early in classic and have been subbed almost all the months since.

But I have never really bothered if I have gotten a beta invite to a xpac, if I did cool.

But I REALLY want to get the classic beta lol

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    US account made in 2005 but had a few strikes for being a bad boy (like exp pots etc). Only got stress test.
    EU account, 2005, no strikes, not even stress test invite.

They mention that account age is only one factor and yet all the comments here are going to focus on that one point as if it's the only thing that matters.

2006 account with no suspensions? check
    participated in every beta since BC (and some alphas)? check
    provided feedback on betas and alphas and ptrs? Not a single time
    streamer or youtube? Nope
    Classic beta invite? You bet.

RNG is RNG my dude. Looks like ive done less than you and ive still got it
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

To be honest, needing a sub to play Classic was a dishonest move from Blizzard with how limited beta access turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithilion View Post
    Yeah, age of account. Created on October 2005, pretty much always subbed since. Got the stress test invite. Thank you (not).

I have 3 accounts one that its my main account made during BC and the other 2 made in 2005... The one made in BC got the Beta invite but my other two didn't. I think Blizz bases it off on others things like money spend on the account and time played. I have never cancel wow subscription on my BC one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My account was created in January 2007 during patch 2.0.3 and I got a stress test invite today. It would seem that BC-era accounts are old enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does amuse me that people assume they didn't get an invite because they aren't an influencer.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Why did I get an invite? I don't remember signing up for anything and I have less than 0 interest in playing classic

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It does amuse me that people assume they didn't get an invite because they aren't an influencer.
    Majority of the people are streamers/youtubers and their friends. Its pretty much why people dont get invited

15+ Year Old Account
    Your salt is pleasing my popcorn, just wait for the later waves.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Your salt is pleasing my popcorn, just wait for the later waves.
    except this is probably gonna be the most limited beta they've ever done. they already said they are gonna drastically slow down invites. note that there is a difference between having a beta invite and being in the stress test.

i'm not salty. i got invited to the stress test. but people saying its rng are wrong. blizz even said so. and people who say "dont blame it on not being an influencer" are wrong too. they are using classic to build hype for the warcraft brand, and the best way to do that is invite influencers into the game. i just wish they would be honest about it.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    A clean account since 2008, have been invited to - I think - 2 betas before.
    Got my stress test invite a few hours ago (no beta inv though since I'm not a streamer from what I'm lead to believe?).

7+ Year Old Account
    And all the streamers got their friends in to play with them. Not getting in sucks but never having a real chance in the first place is bullshit. Would be nice if they move up the release a month, end of summer is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Monozuki View Post
    A clean account since 2008, have been invited to - I think - 2 betas before.
    Got my stress test invite a few hours ago (no beta inv though since I'm not a streamer from what I'm lead to believe?).
    Lol, streamer. My husband is not a streamer and got a regular beta invite, don't believe all the whine on the internet. I got a stress test invite like yourself and have also been playing since 2008.

Also, I don't really get why people are crying so much about not getting into the beta (not you necessarily but others). I played to level seven and had a blast over the weekend BUT I'm really limiting my play in the beta going forward because it will just take away from when Classic is released. I just wanted to play it a bit to see if I really want to play it in a few months...and I do!
    Last edited by Lahlah; 2019-05-22 at 10:48 PM.