Future of raiding and PvP

So with Classic coming out soon how will raiding be? Like if half the top guilds are gonna stop retail will it be easy to get into hall of fame or getting gladiator for example?

How will Blizzard handle this issue when there are no competition anymore?

Probably the same as they do now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So with Classic coming out soon how will raiding be? Like if half the top guilds are gonna stop retail will it be easy to get into hall of fame or getting gladiator for example?

I really doubt that today's raiders go play Classic, at least the high end ones. As for PvP... /shrug, the Loa knows that Blizzard has left it to rot for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Half of the playerbase... Are you serious or is this a troll post?

If 5% of retail players moved to classic servers, it would be a big success. Hopinh that classic will be so popular as to attract hundreds of thousands players? 15 years old game with outdated mechanics and crappy graphics?

Only a handful of die hard nerd fans will stick around it longer than couple of weeks. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true.

I doubt raiding will last very wrong. Guilds are falling apart cause theres no reason to farm raids. You can get all your gear from mythic+. Theres no reason to keep running them after you cleared once. They require a lot more work, coordination and time than mythic+ and yet are less rewarding.

I am wondering if they will atempt to fix the situation in the future or will just come to us and say they will be focusing more on making new dungeons cause theres so few players raiding weekly.

7+ Year Old Account

Classic will be the Thanos snap for retail for awhile I think. Which means retail raid quality will deteriorate to the point more in retail may just give it up entirely thus furthering the decent of the game as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Classic will be the Thanos snap for retail for awhile I think. Which means retail raid quality will deteriorate to the point more in retail may just give it up entirely thus furthering the decent of the game as a whole
    Seeing a post this ridiculous with your avatar is strangely fitting. Well done, sir.

Serious raiders and progression people won't play Classic, except as a novelty, because there is no challenge there, and it doesn't mean anything.

It's mostly bads and non-achievers who want those raids back, not least because personal responsibility didn't exist back then.

So I think your entire premise behind your questions is flawed.

So with Classic coming out soon how will raiding be? Like if half the top guilds are gonna stop retail
    Hhahahahahhahahhahh

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Half of the playerbase... Are you serious or is this a troll post?

If 5% of retail players moved to classic servers, it would be a big success. Hopinh that classic will be so popular as to attract hundreds of thousands players? 15 years old game with outdated mechanics and crappy graphics?

Only a handful of die hard nerd fans will stick around it longer than couple of weeks. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true.
    On launch and few months it's going to be massive for sure. Many big streamers also will play classic non stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    The top guilds will continue to play both current and classic WoW. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would think they would stop playing current.

Pro tip: IT'S OK TO PLAY BOTH GAMES!!! PEOPLE WILL BE DOING THAT!!!
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Why is this a problem? Where there any official competition with raiding?

Did they not remove the world first achievement sometime ago?