Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    SJW, White Knight etc I wear it as a badge of honor.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It's obvious that, yes. Yes you do care.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    No, because i dont care
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is anyone else offended by the term “social justice warrior”? Like they’re just knights fighting for a false cause. It’s like calling a conservative a neo-nazi. Moreover, it invalidates centuries of arguments with a single word. It’s frustrating. And offensive. Anyone else bothered by the “sjw” label?
    Well i think the term speaks volumes.. not so much about those labeled sjw but about the people using the term

Because by using the label they imply that they find social justice a bad thing

And that is fascinating

worthy title for a stupid overly sensitive breed of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Not necessarily. That's why I said, "for the most part" because they understand there ways they can encourage more women into sports and back into the workforce with policies around child care and the like.

I disagree with them on mentioning the gender pay gap myth, and some of the tv commercials they have made around 'respecting whamem' but I understand they have to pander to some degree to bleeding heart leftists and those across the bench.

Also, whilst they mention the gender pay gap myth, they don't have a policy specifically trying to force a false parity because they have more faith in markets, and to some degree the Fair Work Commission in engaging women in the workforce or passing wage increases to awards that predominately underpin women in the workplace.

So yes, for the most part, they don't engage in identity politics, and at least don't enforce equality by government policy. On the flip side, this is what Labor propositioned https://www.alp.org.au/policies/aust...-for-equality/
    I mean, that's about the same level of "identity politics" that Democrats have.

A typical Democrat would be right at home in the Australian Liberal Party.

10+ Year Old Account
    The levels of irony this thread is on is simply astounding.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I mean, that's about the same level of "identity politics" that Democrats have.

A typical Democrat would be right at home in the Australian Liberal Party.
    Moderate Democrats maybe, not the "I'm with Her" Democrat. But I think we will have to disagree that the Democrats and Liberal/Nationals share the same identity politics

7+ Year Old Account
    Would the terms Special Snowflake, Soy Boy or NPC be better terms to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    White Knight has a creeper / incel / pervert element to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Moderate Democrats maybe, not the "I'm with Her" Democrat. But I think we will have to disagree that the Democrats and Liberal/Nationals share the same identity politics
    The "Democrats only care about identity politics" meme is just that, a meme.

7+ Year Old Account
    SJW is fine, the acronym isn't going anywhere. Yes it could be more accurate as SJA 'social justice advocate'. My advice is to create a counterpart acronym for right wingers. Although if it's too catchy then right wingers might start using it as a badge acronym...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This! 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    As far as I can tell "SJWs" only exist in the minds of the people who complain about them. I've certainly never met any of these supposed "SJWs".

It's the ultimate strawman, really.
    My wife tried to SJW me. I just walked out of the room. There were no consequences later on what so ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

SWJ?! Arrrrggggh!

3+ Year Old Account
    A little bit, may be just because it's rare in normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Would the terms Special Snowflake, Soy Boy or NPC be better terms to use?
    They are now, all sorts of mindless parrots are blurring out "SJW" these days but those terms are good for identifying yourself as someone who's really swallowed the -Chan and alt-right idiocy. I especially like NPC and snowflake as they're usually uses by people who exemplify the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    This is obvious bait but I expect 5 pages of discussion min.
    You got 4 pages this far... the amount of stupid in this thread is too damn high!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    SJW is fine, the acronym isn't going anywhere. Yes it could be more accurate as SJA 'social justice advocate'. My advice is to create a counterpart acronym for right wingers. Although if it's too catchy then right wingers might start using it as a badge acronym...
    What I like about Social Justice Warrior is it plays into RPG, fantasy tropes. You can choose to be a Social Justice Paladin or Wizard instead, or go a little deeper and claim to be prot-spec or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been happy to be a SJW ever since some Gamergater labelled me it for suggesting rape and death threats over Twitter shouldn't be consider legitimate form of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's just a buzzword to try to delegitimize arguments when they have no counter argument. That's all it is.
    Usually whenever I see 'SJW' pop up in a title/post it tells me more about the poster or OP then anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I identify sexually with an air cyclone, your profile picture offends me because it shows hands that I would normally lack.

Way to preach one thing and then behaving the exact opposite way dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is anyone else offended by the term “social justice warrior”? Like they’re just knights fighting for a false cause. It’s like calling a conservative a neo-nazi. Moreover, it invalidates centuries of arguments with a single word. It’s frustrating. And offensive. Anyone else bothered by the “sjw” label?
    A few problems with this:

1) Conservatives are much, much better at playing the SJWs than the self-labeled SJWs themselves.
    2) Most conservatives can't seem to disavow Nazism or its variants, or even avoid openly express sympathy and agreement for the ideology, which is why they tend to get called Neo-Nazis - and rightfully so.
    3) Not really offensive or frustrating, just ironic.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2019-05-23 at 07:36 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future