Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going horde, so I'd rather not roll on Asmon's server, since that server will likely be heavily imbalanced towards Alliance.

I watch the withered every day on stream and his reaction videos on YouTube, his server is Goin to be a shit fest and if you plan on playing Horde you gonna get raped cause his fans will roll alliance to play with him. So yes you should avoid a streamer server. Hopefully they all play on the same server the way they are doin it in beta

Did blizzard said how many servers there will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Did blizzard said how many servers there will be?
    They said there will be one of each type, I believe. Normal, RP, PVP and RP-PVP. But I don't know if they've mentioned that each region gets one or it's all the same.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    They said there will be one of each type, I believe. Normal, RP, PVP and RP-PVP. But I don't know if they've mentioned that each region gets one or it's all the same.
    It's sure they wont make a server to host both NA and EU , that would be super crazy stupid.

But if it's really like that (4 servers) you guys might not have a choice to play on the big streamers servers

Hey Dan,

Thank God I am from EU so I am safe from that decision, but if it were to decide - hell yes, I would avoid rolling on their servers.
    Why? Just watch their streams (especially Asmon) and you will not want to. It will always be an unfair game for whatever the task.
    He will want to go for something - his loyal minions will do the work for him and block you from that or extend the process for you.
    He wants to go grind something in the world and you happen to be here and be his competition? Say goodbye his army will eat you alive.
    Some of the streamers (even if they dont ask for it or intend) end up being toxic for your server in overall.
    If there will be small numbers of streamer free or none - Id avoid the "biggest stars" for sure.
    @aceperson if you get in his way, even if he does not ask, his retarded fanbois will do so you "go away". Stuff wont be about the Server Community, but him and his community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    Please link. From what I know it was not yet provided and will be advised closer to launch.
    And obviously EU and NA is split for sure.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-23 at 05:54 AM.

I'd be hesitant too simply because of the possibility of a larger queue. If it didn't increase they queue then I would have no qualms about rolling there if the raiding population was large enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be looking for a quiet server first and foremost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Hey team, Dan here,

questions about the up coming Vanilla.

My buddy Craig just informed me he will not be rolling on a server that Asmongold or Sodda roll on because it would ruin the experience for him. He doesn't want a bunch of fan boys trade into twitch chat.

How do you all feel about this?

Should we worry?

I only want to level once in Classic because it seems horrible, but I'll do it for friends.

Thanks
    Dan
    Hey Dan,

no. Main rule of thumb, stay away from streamer servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like Asmongold and have no problems with any other streamers, but I am going to specifically avoid the servers that popular streamers call home, if I can. Nothing against them, but I just don't want to play among a community that revolves around one or two personalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand streamers will make the classic experience very different from what it should be, but on the other they'll create massive pvp events all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Dan,

Good lord, no.

Best regards

ML
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have no idea but I don’t really care. Assuming he shares what server he went to with his stream I probably won’t go there but at the same time I don’t care enough to actively avoid anyone and I don’t have any hate for any of the WoW streamers. I’ll play wherever I’ll play, I am curious about how different of an experience it’ll be with streamers this time around though. That’s not a negative thing, just curious to see how that affects things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take note of what servers steamers and youtubers are on and choose another. I have no ill will against streamers or youtubers, I love what they do, but I want too play how I did in classic and in classic I didn't play with any streamers, it was a community of nubs just like me.

While it may be fun to play with streamers I think it lends itself to a lot of drama. But those that decide to do it, best of luck to you
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    I'll be rolling on whatever server's farthest away from that crowd
    "Realms are dead!! QQ"

I'll play horde on whatever server sodapoppin plays on. That will just ensure the server has a high population. Hopefully both soda and asmon pick the same server, that way we have a balanced population and regular wpvp.

Will the servers crash on launch because of them? Will the servers be locked and have a queue the first couple of weeks? Probably, but in the words of the great Lord Farquaad, "it's a sacrifice i am willing to make".

A lot of people will quit classic within a month, due to the slow paced combat and how long leveling takes. That's when servers will start dying and people will be forced to transfer.

And have my chat window filled with "POG" and "MonkaS" for the entire 1-60 experience?? No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I will do my best to avoid the streamer servers in Classic. I recommend everybody to do the same.
    Same thing, but imo you overestimate the influence of those guys. There always be some popular guys, streamers, top guilds, TF and Sulf bearers etc. Just play wherever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    If you roll on any major streamers server you are 100% not going to get the black battle tank scarab lord mount. Their followers will be feeding them and unlocking it as soon as they can.
    You will never get it anyway, unless your guild is supporting you. If so - you shouldn't care, you will get your preqs done by the time of opening.

Classic is like one of the best games to stream as its extremely slow and doesnt require much from the player in any activity, so I am fairly sure each server will have its own big streamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Thankfully they don't play on EU servers.
    Wait for Kungen's come back and we got the same stuff in EU