Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is anything in BC revamped on live? BC could hypothetically come fast

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe any of the BC content was ever revamped, was it?

Seems like adding BC at some point, weather that means one time transfers to a classic+BC server, or whatever, might not take that much effort.

In theory it wouldn't. I'd imagine they would have more frequent backups of BC too.
    I can't think of anything that was directly changed other than black temple being kinda fucked up on live from the timewalking addition

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe any of the BC content was ever revamped, was it?

Seems like adding BC at some point, weather that means one time transfers to a classic+BC server, or whatever, might not take that much effort.
    Come on, the stupid classic-thingy is not even out yet. Blizzard really don't need more dev time wasted on another pointless project.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'd want to "finish" Classic first before entertaining BC. So fast is relative.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

All the loot, multiple times.

Zul'aman was removed.

The elites in the world were made non-elite.

The Dark Portal doesn't take you to Outland anymore. The Hellfire Peninsula portal doesn't take you to Blasted Lands.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-05-23 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    All the loot, multiple times.

Zul'aman was removed.

The elites in the world were made non-elite.

The Dark Portal doesn't take you to Outland anymore. The Hellfire Peninsula portal doesn't take you to Blasted Lands.
    Thank you for a real reply, not that I didn't expect a bunch of shit posters on these forums for a real question.

WoW classic will be massively popular, classic content will get old eventually, players will want BC, bliz likes money.....this is all obvious.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly class and system changes.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

They'll throttle expansion re-releases, pointless to release BC while the hype is still high from Classic. They'll wait until retail and Classic are in a lull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Blizzard really don't need more dev time wasted on another pointless project.
    It's literally a different dev team.

And it's not a pointless project, or wasted time if:

A. People want it

or

B. It makes them more money than they put into it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account

And thus reboot whining for classic again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They're committed to at least releasing all of classic through Naxx, how long will that run for.... 2 years? If that doesn't completely flop.
    Can't imagine anything sooner than like 3 years, summer/fall 2022, at the earliest.

Outland is like a time capsule. I really wish there was relevant stuff in there, I absolutely love the design of some of the dungeons and zones

And Nagrand. Such a beautiful zone

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    wont happen
    Said practically everyone about Classic.

Yeah should go pretty fast compared to classic. The data is already on live servers in the right format, they just have to adjust minor things like classes etc, but the big thing like the map and terrain is already fixed and good to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gief BC servers. BC is basically a much better Classic.

BC is both a better and a worse classic. Much better class design, but much less content and much more end-game focused.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not have TBC. Better said, I wouldn't like to progress from Vanilla to TBC like they are releasing it all again, but I wouldn't mind tbc-specific servers (I'd just avoid playing them).
    I still remember my TBC days and I want them to be a memory, I don't really want to relive them. Stuff got removed from TBC since its release, but we are talking very small compared to what Cata did to Vanilla, and I don't think that warrants a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'd rather not have TBC. Better said, I wouldn't like to progress from Vanilla to TBC like they are releasing it all again, but I wouldn't mind tbc-specific servers (I'd just avoid playing them).
    I still remember my TBC days and I want them to be a memory, I don't really want to relive them. Stuff got removed from TBC since its release, but we are talking very small compared to what Cata did to Vanilla, and I don't think that warrants a revamp.
    i think vanilla tbc and wotlk all warrant a revamp beccause of what cata did

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for a real reply, not that I didn't expect a bunch of shit posters on these forums for a real question.

WoW classic will be massively popular, classic content will get old eventually, players will want BC, bliz likes money.....this is all obvious.
    The "whining" is because you asked a stupid question.

A lot has changed in the game since BC, and a lot will have to be done to get the expansion running if/when they ever plan on doing it. Especially with new stuff behind the scenes which I would presume has a bunch of shit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting