Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i hope they make a better spell book for all the classes and specs make it high quality like it was during warlords of draenor. the spell books is the most important part of the game. the spell books still had a vanilla grounding except when legion released the artifact replacement was poorly made. there was so much thought put into the balancing during vanilla and when warlords released the spell books were still grounded to vanilla. so the specs were fun to play over and over again because the balancing taking place.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2019-05-23 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    So you just want Legion Class Quest to return, everything else is well there, you can’t say for example, re-implement 25 man raids.
    Are you, by any chance, conflating TBC Heroics with Mythic+? Because the concepts are not the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Are you, by any chance, conflating TBC Heroics with Mythic+? Because the concepts are not the same.
    The concept is "difficult 5 man content with decen rewards" (if we include badge gear), so it's pretty similar. Difference is, TBC had that as a baseline, M+ is the scaling version. Cannot really combine them, since it would make something like +4 be nearly impossible until everyone is raid geared.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    No, problem is you are missing environment. Different environment returns different results.
    Except the "environment" will be the same. Look at the thread's premise: "Is Blizzard going to make current WoW more like Classic WoW in the next expansion?"

Which is exactly what Blizzard did back in Cataclysm with the harder dungeons, which is my point. The backlash due to dungeon difficulty was huge. Also remember when Blizzard decided to remove flying from the game back in WoD? Another huge backlash.

so basically leveling slower makes the next expansion a success.
    the endgame doesnt matter lel
    well atleast the quests were hard but the game is dead after 2 months like bfa lel lel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The concept is "difficult 5 man content with decen rewards" (if we include badge gear), so it's pretty similar. Difference is, TBC had that as a baseline, M+ is the scaling version. Cannot really combine them, since it would make something like +4 be nearly impossible until everyone is raid geared.
    Their philosophy is different though. They share the difficulty aspect, but one is a race and the other wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You think that BFA classes are good ? even if classis classes are not good, they are still better than we have now.
    What an actual joke of a statement.

Frostbolt>Frostbolt>Frostbolt>Frostbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

Frostbolt>Frostbolt>Frostbolt>Frostbolt
    Like pve dps will ever be hard. doesnt matter if you press 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 or 1,1,2,1,3,4. It just gives the the illusion of having skilled gameplay. Actually reacting to your environment with always changing factors, that is skill, mostly in pvp. You had a lot more situation that allowed skilled gameplay back then instead of just zerging something down like it is today. because all the "skill" you have is your actual rotation with 0 utility.

Also all those "not viable speccs" that get mentioned are bs. Those still had places in raids because of unique utility and buffs and were strong in pvp because they mostly were hybrid classes. And you still have the spells of all 3 speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

Frostbolt>Frostbolt> wait> wait> wait> wait> Frostbolt>Frostbolt
    Fixed it for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    Also all those "not viable speccs" that get mentioned are bs. Those still had places in raids because of unique utility and buffs and were strong in pvp because they mostly were hybrid classes. And you still have the spells of all 3 speccs.
    Yeah, you're right. It was fun just casting blessing on the raid all the time. Great and engaging gameplay there.

I’m sure when Classic declines to its dedicated few Blizz will learn to not make changes similar to that.

The next wow expansion doesn't need to be like classic, because for anyone who wants that style of play....they have classic servers.

The only thing I would really like to see make a comeback from Classic is server community. Keep LFG and LFR, just have a checkbox to "Only search players from my own server" along with "Do not use CRZ". That way you could start to rebuild server communities while still giving players an option to play with randoms if they don't want to wait for someone from their own server.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Vanilla questing and challenging mobs
    What was so great about Vanilla questing?

Challenging mobs? In what way? Just more HP and hit harder?

Or the group quests that are ignored because there were no people around to help?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Exactly. They failed not because of hard dungeons, but because they have changed environment. WoW is a very complex system, pulling one thing and calling it "making WoW more like vanilla" is not making WoW more like vanilla.
    Except it is. It doesn't matter if it's taking one single step or walking a mile, it's still "making WoW more like vanilla". Perhaps Blizzard did not have the express intention, i.e. "let's make Cataclysm a little like vanilla WoW", but they did intend to try making the dungeons harder, which is one thing the vanilla WoW supporters always said: the dungeons were harder.

For the most part, I don’t think they can anymore. I doubt they would remove features already in place that are heavily used like LFD/cross-realm grouping, which (for better or worse) did basically get rid of the need for separate server communities. On top of this, people’s mindset on MMOs in general has changed over the years - many of the features fans of classic like such as questing/dungeons being more difficult/time-consuming, scarcity of gear, a bigger need for grouping, having to run to dungeons, no flying, etc., would simply be labeled as inconvenient or “annoying” by a lot of players nowadays. I’m not necessarily saying it’s a good or bad thing, but as a whole we’ve sort of just been spoiled to the point that anything that is a bit time-consuming or requires grinding is often followed quickly by requests for it to be changed for convenience.

With that said, the only things I could possibly see them bringing back would be the old talent system, and new spells every few levels for new expansions (not necessarily learning them at trainers, though I personally wouldn’t have a problem with that.) It seems odd to me that the past two expansions, we’ve been able to start with all of our talents before reaching the level cap, and other than artifact/Azerite traits, we learn no new class abilities as we level anymore. The old talent system at least gave a sense of character progression every level, and while there were cookie cutter builds of course, you could have more interesting specs by mixing talents between them, unlike now where you literally for example choose Shadow as a priest and get all of your baseline required abilities chosen for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a single feature in vanilla would make this game actually better. No one has been able to point to something in vanilla that would actually make it better. They all want this poorly defined feeling that it's better. It's called nostalgia.

What parts are good in classic?

Well, trying to recreate WoW classic has so far led to TMvSS battleground, Molten Core LFR, etc.

But if they will attempt to copy WoW classic for the next expansion will depend on how successful WoW Classis is:

If it fails, why copy a failure?
    If it is a success, why have two identical games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Well, trying to recreate WoW classic has so far led to TMvSS battleground, Molten Core LFR, etc.

But if they will attempt to copy WoW classic for the next expansion will depend on how successful WoW Classis is:

If it fails, why copy a failure?
    If it is a success, why have two identical games?
    The next expansion is already being worked on.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    A year ago or so I remember Ion Hazzikostas talking about 'pristine servers'.. or was it 'mythic servers'? I don't remember.. but he said that that's something they could do, basically servers intended to emulate the Vanilla or more hardcore design philosophy.
    I remember that, but I think the main issue some people (including me) had with it is that at the time, it was presented as a sort of "if you want Classic WoW, this is for you!" idea (back when Blizzard was still tossing out "no" every time someone mentioned Classic WoW). Which it really wasn't, because we'd still be playing the same modern content, just with stuff like CRZ/heirlooms/LFG tools removed (playing through the pre-BC content is one of the main things I'm looking forward to doing in Classic).

Could be a cool idea to revisit in the future, now that Classic WoW is an officially confirmed thing. I like it better when it's not presented as an alternative for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What parts are good in classic?
    When it ended and became TBC.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!