Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you allergic to pollen?

I'm not. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Very I kill all weeds and dandelions that grow before they can do that bullshit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I'm not. .
    Horribly. Allergy Meds help a lot, but I have developed a skin rash over the past few years from allergies, which meds only help keep it at bay, but doesn't prevent it completely.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

i don't think i am.

but i do think i'm allergic to dust. i have bad sneezing fits all year round, and it doesn't get any better or worse in spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I'm not. .
    I wish I wasn't, but I am

I've lived in 3 states in my life so far.

Massachusetts, New York (upstate) and NJ.

Never EVER had pollen problems in MA or NY... until NJ.

I have no idea why.

What is also weird is my town is #1 in pollen count in the entire USA. Fact. It was on the news the other day, even on websites.

I don't think it is the pollen but some kind of tree that's around here that's killing me. I can't figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I've lived in 3 states in my life so far.

Massachusetts, New York (upstate) and NJ.

Never EVER had pollen problems in MA or NY... until NJ.

I have no idea why.

What is also weird is my town is #1 in pollen count in the entire USA. Fact. It was on the news the other day, even on websites.

I don't think it is the pollen but some kind of tree that's around here that's killing me. I can't figure it out.
    Our state has insane pollen levels. Been here for 38 years...38 long years of allergies nearly all year round, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. When I used to live in Chico many moons ago, I thought I was going to die in an ocean of snot and tears.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only birch tree pollen, unfortunately they are very common in Finland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden rods and Pine trees. And boy do we have a LOT of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To certain trees, yes. This Spring has been hell in the DC area as they have pretty much all the ones that trigger me and the pollen count has been very high most days.
    I live in southern Maryland, so we've probably got the same trees you do. I always had horrible allergies in my home state of Indiana and when I was stationed in south Carolina, yet the pollen up here just doesn't get to me. The worst I get is, when I go mountain biking at my local trail, I'll have snotty nose that just needs one good blow to clear out. But I think that has more to do with simply being in the woods surrounded by nothing but trees.

I used to have a problem. When I turned 18 I was all a wondering why i was sneezing, nose running nonstop (Where is this wet shit all coming from?), and clogged sinuses...I was miserable.
    Then I hit 40 and it seems to have eased way off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am but not overly bad. I don't know how scientifically accurate it is, but I usually get honey made from the local flowers/pollen in my area. I remember reading how it allows your body to have some sort of adaptation to the allergens that would typically set off a reaction.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I have not had any allergic reaction since we moved from elevation +660' msl to +5,000' msl. The pollen count can get really high here, but they don’t seem to bother me. About two weeks ago when we had some warm weather, the air was thick with cottonwood pollen. The pine trees, oak trees and fruit trees were completely covered in white fluffy stuffs. My wife had to use the leaf blower on me before I can go inside because I was completely covered from head to toes while working in the yard. Yet, I have not had to take antihistamine even once in the last 6 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes... very much so. Although my hayfever has died over time, when that pollen count is high I get it pretty bad.

When I was young I used to get it so bad that my eyes would be so teary from sneezing I literally couldn't see lol. Once when I was at a country boot sale it got so bad my sister had to guide me. It didn't help that we were in a field surrounded by rapeseed... lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Certain types, yes.

Pine tree pollen for example is terrible, I can actually feel it burning me, my body just HATES it.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I am but not overly bad. I don't know how scientifically accurate it is, but I usually get honey made from the local flowers/pollen in my area. I remember reading how it allows your body to have some sort of adaptation to the allergens that would typically set off a reaction.
    That honey thing may be factor. We use local honey that we buy from a farm stand near our house. We use the honey extensively. I use it in place of sugar in my coffee.

I'm not allergic to trees and all that shit, nah, I'm allergic to 3 types of grass, one of those being common lawn grass. When it's lawn mowing season, my sinuses weep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Certain types, yes.

Pine tree pollen for example is terrible, I can actually feel it burning me, my body just HATES it.
    You'll burst into flame in our neck of the woods then.

Late Spring, cut grass did it for me.