Poll: Are You Going To Play Classic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I’ll be neckbearding on classic and classic only, didn’t buy BFA, highly doubt I’ll buy another xpac, just gonna be a classic nolifer, just how I always wanted it

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. But I am keeping an eye on whether or not they will carry forward with the respec cost.
    Operation Red Wing

Hell no and never .

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    So, wait. You had NO PLANS to play Classic and you still took time to OPT IN to Classic beta, actually got in, and then came here to broadcast this sad, miserable fact as if it were a point of pride? I will say a prayer for you tonight.
    I didn't even opt-in and I got a beta invite so maybe it's the same for them. I didn't even know that classic was something that they added an opt-in for until someone told me after I'd already gotten a beta invite. Blizzard and their bugs.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I didn't even opt-in and I got a beta invite so maybe it's the same for them. I didn't even know that classic was something that they added an opt-in for until someone told me after I'd already gotten a beta invite. Blizzard and their bugs.
    same, don't remember opting in for anything, suddenly have beta invite :/

like fuck im gonna waste my time on classic though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    in beta since day 2 - haven't played no plans 2.
    Why opt in then? Is it so you can be edgy and say your not going to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yup. I joined in Cata so Classic is essentially a fresh start for me with a new world to explore. Not sure how well I'll do with endgame since that seems like the weakest part of the game, but we'll see.
    prepare to be disappointed, the zone and leveling revamp in cata was big improvement over the empty spaces, dead end quests and terrible story of vanilla leveling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    Why opt in then? Is it so you can be edgy and say your not going to play it?
    i imagine like me hes hit the opt in for all wow alphas and betas button which i did years ago, i don't know if there is and i don't think there is a specific i want to test classic only button, but i have a beta invite and haven't hit any classic specific button only the standard expansion testing opt in from years ago.

WoW got so mamy gameplay improvements that i wouldnt be able to go back to Classic. Im not saying that BFA is perfect, but I like current WoW more ( played all expacs ). Might join for couple minute/hours to see the old world and Barrens chat xd

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    The hype posts are starting to reach the bottom of the barrel, I see.
    the hype is very tepid out side the wow comunity's. i have made a point of keeping an eye on the wider gaming community and to say its #2 on twitch the conversation is missing, currently the hot topics are MUA 3, cyber punk 2077, apex tanking, anthem tanking, general EA are shit posts and telltale games being de listed from GOG, what that tells me is though wow classic is getting views no ones interested enough out side of all ready wow fans to talk about it in the general gaming sphere.

upside elder scrolls 6 red fall is looking like its back in development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    prepare to be disappointed, the zone and leveling revamp in cata was big improvement over the empty spaces, dead end quests and terrible story of vanilla leveling
    The story can't be worse than the meme quests of Cata or BfA's story in general. I played through the defias questline (One of the few old world things I've done) on a wrath private server and found the story in that more engaging than anything WoW has put out in a good six years. Despite not having an ending.

I'm looking forward to exploring the world without all the bad story and bullshit lore the later expansions brought in. Especially after BfA butchered what little of interest was left.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-23 at 07:49 PM.

why are like 25% of the ppl voting here not playing the game and still read the classic forum...

Everyone with a active Sub will be playing. Its not like it costs anything.

People visiting this forum are a fraction of people who are going to play. Taking a count won't really provide any kind of accurate result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Van Hooten View Post
    why are like 25% of the ppl voting here not playing the game and still read the classic forum...
    There's lots of anti-vanilla trolls around here that come here just to shitpost because they're mad that people are enjoying classic.

Or the ones that are all like "REEEEEEEEEEEE LAYERING BAD LAYERING BAD I'M NOT PLAYING CLASSIC NOW!!!" and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The story can't be worse than the meme quests of Cata or BfA's story in general. I played through the defias questline (One of the few old world things I've done) on a wrath private server and found the story in that more engaging than anything WoW has put out in a good six years. Despite not having an ending.

I'm looking forward to exploring the world without all the bad story and bullshit lore the later expansions brought in. Especially after BfA butchered what little of interest was left.
    that all ends by level 30-40, the wow dev team ran out of time when making vanilla as they have said a few times in the past hence why so much was unfinished. 90% of quests are go kill X of a thing or collect x body part for very little reason.

Not currently subbed but will sub for day 1 of the classic release its going to be great, playing WOW as it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    i imagine like me hes hit the opt in for all wow alphas and betas button which i did years ago, i don't know if there is and i don't think there is a specific i want to test classic only button, but i have a beta invite and haven't hit any classic specific button only the standard expansion testing opt in from years ago.
    Yup. There is a dedicated box to tick for Classic beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    So, wait. You had NO PLANS to play Classic and you still took time to OPT IN to Classic beta, actually got in, and then came here to broadcast this sad, miserable fact as if it were a point of pride? I will say a prayer for you tonight.
    That is not necessarily true. I got a day one classic invite and I never signed up for the classic beta. I actually thought it was weird and checked again. Definitely don't have classic opted in.

Only WoW beta I have ever been in before classic was the MoP beta anyone could get for subbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I got an invite in the first round and zero interest in installing it. Basically signed up to see if I would get it like every other beta and I did. Playing the Blizzcon demo was enough of a trip down memory lane for me.
    Have to agree, i only mustered to play 15min of the demo at blizzcon the flashbacks of horrible game was just to much

everyone misses the balancing of spell books from vanilla on to about warlords of draenor. artifact was completely different that drastically changed the game making not worthwhile to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Yup. There is a dedicated box to tick for Classic beta.
    so the beta is drawing from both pools ? or is one pool an all wow and the other classic only, so its not a retail only / classic only split but a all / or classic only split. dont know what the new wording is, was the old website format when i checked the box thats how long ago it was.