I want race related stories to continue and race related campaigns

I really do. Level 1-20 were cool. I remember the sense of awe i had levleling a blood elf, I didn't want that vibe to end at level 20, but it did and i had to move on. Problem is it never came back ... even after some astonishing results, the story isn't continued.. I would love that to change in a focused way.

Sure I got to see the blood elves again, but it was to feed whatever the main plot was, almost as if someone decided oh, "we should use blood elves here", and while that was certainly better than the Troll ignore treatment, or the Gnome treatment of nothing, or the night elf treatment of constant destruction destroyed - it is still not what I really wanted.

Would it have been impossible to have each expansion have about 1 -5 levels worth of content that continued telling a race specific story - and it could definitely include the new continent, but rather than blood elves serving the expansion plot, the blood elf campaign would continue the blood elf story specifically with respect to the blood elves.

Fast forward to present - how do you think they can do this?

They better announce anything like this far ahead of time if they are going to do something like this. I would need to level a decent amount of characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked what we had in legion with class specific stories, those i truely enjoyed.(except you: monk, you sucked)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I think Blizzard is pretty good with small self contained storylines (the classhall campaigns, basicly every leveling zone) and is quite terrible at telling overarching epic "main plot" storylines, so I wouldnt mind an xpac that has a bunch of losely connected stories about what the races where up to.

As long as I can play all of them on the same character.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Looking at their campaigns for just the Horde and Alliance alone, they really, really shouldn't do it. Ever. Just two campaigns is too much for Blizzard and they butchered both factions in their campaigns this expansion as a result. Now stretch their attention between over 20 races and you'll get storytelling equivalent of Hindenburg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I think Blizzard is pretty good with small self contained storylines (the classhall campaigns, basicly every leveling zone) and is quite terrible at telling overarching epic "main plot" storylines, so I wouldnt mind an xpac that has a bunch of losely connected stories about what the races where up to.

As long as I can play all of them on the same character.
    It's not that they are, I guess it's just that sort of thing isn't great for an MMO in the style they have done it.

I believe they should focus on what you say... Races, Class halls, smaller stage stories, that do interesting things for the races people play. Bringing them challenges but also success and growth, not constantly destroyed. Man how I'd have loved to see the night elves regain their immortality and and start using their well of eternity and world tree again - combining their arcane and nature mastery - I mean such a thing means squat for your personal power level, the player character is already well ahead than any well infused elf, or void infused, or loa powered, death powered - I mean we've killed them all... empowering races as we have them in their lore isn't replacing the player character at all...

What it does do is bring back some of the cool things that drew me to the race, and causes more things of wonder and fantasy that are cool.

Besides telling individual stories of races really gives an opportunity to flesh them out, make them seem more real, explore their fantasy, return he magical feel and progress them. When a story plot ends, you know there is more coming .. when the blood elves gained their sunwell and lands back. that wasn't the end, you can now tell a story with them doing that sort of stuff powered by the light and the arcane - how i'd wish I could see the night elves powered by nature and the arcane and the things they could write with that community coming together again for the first time in 10,000 years, a real sense of optimism, because the last time arcane mage, nature druid, and elune priest worked in in unison they became a world power. And while I don't care for night elves to have an empire again, I would love to see them regaining and doing many of those amazing fantastical things in their lore with the stars, the moon, the arcane, nature etc

I'd love for some race/faction centered stories, but the way Blizzard does the Horde ones, they only exist when dealing with a tyrannical warchief and it's their turn to join the rebellion.

If next expansion, they did something more like the Blood Elves go and do something this patch and Tauren another patch and all the players of the Horde got to tag along with them, kinda like how you can recruit allied races on any of your characters, that would be interesting(and same for the Alliance) but to do a bunch at the same time would be a big mess. They pulled off Order Halls pretty well though, but those weren't focused on either faction or their races.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I liked what we had in legion with class specific stories, those i truely enjoyed.(except you: monk, you sucked)
    i disagree with your monk statement. It was ok. The priest one however was the worst of all.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i disagree with your monk statement. It was ok. The priest one however was the worst of all.
    Shrug, maybe im abit biased, considerin i done death knight first which was superb and then went to monk. haha
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    i think the devs said something about that, that now they are focusing on factions and next expansion they were going to focus on "race campaign" or something like that.

honestly this could be wonderful for the lore-building, introducing new characters of those races, exploring then a bit better

Like with trolls, they could work to find the new chieftain, discover more about their culture, explore more their relations with magic and other trolls

with orcs we could finally determine the clan chieftains, get a proper warchief, young characters

with humans they could even explore other human nations, rebuild lordaeron

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    honestly this could be wonderful for the lore-building, introducing new characters of those races, exploring then a bit better
    I think I would have preferred this before they attempted BFA. Introduce the newer characters or build up some less known ones, then do the war one.

Kinda like if you make a new character, your first introduced to your race before you are your faction. We could have seen these new characters rise up in the factions and find their place during the war, where they stand and such. :/

Really hoping though, that if they do the races next expansion(if it's not in space) that we see a new landmass that the races send settlers to. I play RTS's a lot and always want to see races expand out, build bases and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Looking at their campaigns for just the Horde and Alliance alone, they really, really shouldn't do it. Ever. Just two campaigns is too much for Blizzard and they butchered both factions in their campaigns this expansion as a result. Now stretch their attention between over 20 races and you'll get storytelling equivalent of Hindenburg.
    You don't think it could be the opposite as @owbu points out? Bitesizing the big over arching plots down to an mmo you can hardly do justice and don't want to invest int he audio/cinematic extravaganza need to properly portray a story, might mean its better focusing on individual groups like the races instead, and doing cool stories for them

like we had in 1-20 as OP describes, telling a smaller story, more focused, not needing to concoct a big end of the world bomb fest every time and just not having the depth in the game to properly portray it.. afterall if you game is the world of Azeroth, then huge events have so many reaching consequences, you have to pool resources into both telling the huge story and then the effects of it that should effect everyone, but you're not willing to actually do that .. so it might work out better for them to save the big stories for another game, a movie, and let wow concentrate on portraying you as the hero of your race championing its cause.

Allied races, would be combined with their core races for this purpose. Even those on opposite factions like void elves and nightborne (also applies to the Pandaren on both factions) could actually share the same stuff, since they are actually quite linked even though in opposite factions, and in fact, because it's race, it could not be heavily faction polarised.. as in, it doesn't have to be Huojin and Tushui hating each other, or nightborne and night elves fighting, or even blood elves and void elves working against each other because they're in opposite faction s and a faction centred narrative has to be forced .

Faction quests and plots can happen, alongside racial ones. Besides, Elves and Pandaren aren't really the types that are fanatical about factions, they're more there either helping or because they may need military support if another power attacks them. I never viewed them particularly as having their first concern be the horde or alliance - even by their lore that seemed weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think the devs said something about that, that now they are focusing on factions and next expansion they were going to focus on "race campaign" or something like that.

Like with trolls, they could work to find the new chieftain, discover more about their culture, explore more their relations with magic and other trolls

with orcs we could finally determine the clan chieftains, get a proper warchief, young characters

with humans they could even explore other human nations, rebuild lordaeron
    For me this would be wonderful. A race story can be intriguing, exciting, dangerous, but also progress the race and develop it in a meaningful way. We need this, and i think they can do this much better than the big plots you somehow manage to feel both too important and completely irrelevant at the same time.