Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Yeesh the liberals on here are salty. The same liberals who defend muslim women and their "choices". Sometimes you guys are worst than the religious people xD

    Most religious people are happy, they believe there's an all powerful god that agrees with everything they believe in. Hell, I wish I could believe in some kind of god, it would help with the late night thoughts of how we're all going to die and there's no afterlife :/

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Literally protecting yourself from your poor life choices by erasing the freedom you had when deciding about spreading your legs.
    aka accusing all females who get abortions as people who made poor choices in life because there's no such thing pregnant rape and females who were in abusive relationships and others weren't ready to be mothers because Men also Lie and Cheat or become abusive etc...
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-23 at 09:19 PM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

  3. #143
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Greeh I wonder why women who live in households who practice the time and tested method of marriage, children and the Man being the primary breadwinner, would be the most happy?


    It is almost as if the modern way of living is not how we were meant to live?!
    My wife is happy and she is the primary breadwinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    And you dont get more stupid than non religious liberals. Hows that world ending climate change they have been spouting since the 40's coming along? Or that world wide famine?

    Seems to me that women who stick to their gender role are more happy than those who want to step outside it. Trust me. Men are not happy working. But they do it for a reason. To please the women in their lives. Why are women doing it? To please their man? Nope you do that with sex and taking care of the kids and keeping their house in order. If you want to work you gotta deal with the same BS men deal with. Competition. Dog eat Dog world.
    I occasionally wonder to myself how people entrenched in these mindsets are able to function with any degree of competency in daily life.
    Last edited by The Knight; 2019-05-23 at 09:30 PM.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Meaning it's absolutely correct.
    I don't know what your definition of "absolutely correct" is but I'd wager a guess that it's a little off.

  5. #145
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,132
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Greeh I wonder why women who live in households who practice the time and tested method of marriage, children and the Man being the primary breadwinner, would be the most happy?


    It is almost as if the modern way of living is not how we were meant to live?!
    You think every conservative woman is married with children?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yeesh the liberals on here are salty. The same liberals who defend muslim women and their "choices". Sometimes you guys are worst than the religious people xD
    The "liberals" are terrible on this website because WoW's community is full of uneducated 20something guys who don't want to actually listen to sense and spew shitty information and half-truths to try to back up bad arguments.

    Besides, saying a truth doesn't make someone liberal. You can be a conservative and be fully aware that young conservatism is mainly male, and most conservative religious women are middle-aged or older mothers. And poorly educated, religious moms are on average pretty simple people.
    It if looks like a duck, acts like a duck and sounds like a duck then it's probably a duck.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-23 at 09:29 PM.

  7. #147
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,340
    I generally don't trust 'happiness' studies, because they're always prone to insane amounts of personal bias. What makes someone happy is subjective and unhappy people are often defensive of their 'happiness' when confronted on it. I doubt 'religious conservative women' are actually the 'happiest' group of women, but I do believe they are more likely to say as such due to their faith and family. What women who lives that way is going to honestly say anything negative about those things in public?

    Likewise there are women who are the opposite but aren't necessarily 'happy' either. I do believe that people can be happy living the life they choose, but I doubt studies like this are done with any earnest intentions. Plus how are we going to ignore all the women who left this demographic due to their unhappiness within it? They clearly can't be the "happiest" when so many people opt out. I also kinda hate how these studies try to imply a lifestyle as superior to others, when no lifestyle brings universal fulfillment.
    Moderator of the Lore and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    aka accusing all females who get abortions as people who made poor choices in life because there's no such thing pregnant rape and females who were in abusive relationships and others weren't ready to be mothers because Men also Lie and Cheat or become abusive etc...
    As opposed to treating every woman as victim of pregnancy by rape?
    I can play the same game too.

    Apply my quote wherever it makes sense. I am not accusing every woman wanting to abort of that, i am accusing every one to which the accusation fits.
    The same way if i say "people in jail shouldnt have commited a crime" i am talking about people who actually commited a crime, not every person in jail.

    I am pro choice.
    I just dont want to be associated with insane people shouting "but rape though" or "muh women's rights". Its shallow, really.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    As opposed to treating every woman as victim of pregnancy by rape?
    I didn't say that.

    I can play the same game too.
    what game?

    Apply my quote wherever it makes sense. I am not accusing every woman wanting to abort of that, i am accusing every one to which the accusation fits.
    aka
    Because it fits your argument.

    I am pro choice.
    "but rape though" or "muh women's rights". Its shallow, really.
    You're pro choice but think it's shallow to complain about Women's Rights when you're seemingly ignoring that their rights are currently being taken away in Red States and are making Blanket Statements that only fit your argument?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    Bill Nye is not the GOP type of guy. He is a science guy. Trumpers think science is a lie.

  10. #150
    So you’re saying things that are correlated with High socioeconomic status are also correlated with each other?

    Glad we got that mind blowing conclusion out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  11. #151
    Im note gone through all the thread... but who the fuck decides that happyness is the all ends to everything? Im so fu**ing happy, that i dont have to happy about everythin in my life... its a present to life to recognize the bullshit around you and get angry about all the injustices of you and you suroundings. Let me quote a much more intelligent man than me: "you know happines is for me a very conformist category, it doesnt enter the frame."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
    fu** your fascist talking points

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    ~snip~ So to essentially sum it up... ignorance + selfishness makes you a very happy person.
    Way to look beyond the surface issues; +10pts and you've won the thread at reply #13. /salute
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  13. #153
    If people found a way to be happy, good for them!
    Maybe check out what they do right.
    Happiness is the ultimate life goal.

    No need to be jealous and try to diminish it, I doubt anyone can think of anything better than "a happy life"
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So you’re saying things that are correlated with High socioeconomic status are also correlated with each other?

    Glad we got that mind blowing conclusion out of the way.
    Not sure if this is backed up, if anything it's the opposite:


  15. #155
    Scarab Lord The Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hallownest
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I doubt anyone can think of anything better than "a happy life"
    My having my own lightsaber and legal permission to use it however I want.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    It's because the emphasis is on family. Women like family.
    Wrong. Statistically men are happier in a relationship, women are happier when single.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Yes, well, you see, the troublesome European natives have NOT CONSENTED to mass migration, especially from areas that have very different cultures. Hell, there were issues even with Romanian minorities, not in small measure helped by my fellow co-nationals propensity to organize in gangs and be... inconsiderate to those that had ultimately offered them a better life. Good example, as even this minor cultural difference was not long ago seen as incompatibility.

    Now, imagine migrants from other areas.

    Consent is paramount. It has not been obtained. Immigration is good, when it's done properly, IN MODERATION, without pissing off the unwilling, non-consenting native inhabitants of the land. What has been done in the mid 2010s was detrimental to the ultimate goal of not having borders and a unified Earth, in fact, it's possible that it delayed that agenda by a century if not more, and gave rise to rabid nationalistic pride that was dormant... and it should have been kept dormant.
    Dunno, the laws say otherwise.

    And I still don't understand why you want more people to be born. That only depletes the earth's resources faster. Why not use people who are already there? Skin color shouldn't matter.
    7777

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Gee, I have no idea why this could be......

    https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values...s-happier-left

    No wonder.

    When your morals reject abortion, you actually have to think with whom you engage intercourse with instead of being a shameless whore.
    Thus you embrace life instead of trying to fill a void with meaningless sex while shifting any personal responsibilities away, blaming men for your problems while masking as strong and independent.
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-05-23 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Just like Jesus loves you no matter what, Trump is your President no matter what.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    You've obviously never spent any considerable time around young children alone. A wage double my current one couldn't persuade me to be a stay at home father. Full time mothers don't get the credit they deserve, little kids are assholes.
    On top of my full-time job I take clients 2-3 days a week out of our child and family department. Parenting is definitely hard, but it's not exactly altruistic. Kids aren't that bad lol but parents have it hard since it's a 24/7 unpaid job and kids are expensive.

    We have several billion people on this planet now, the desire to have children is mostly self-serving (desire to pass on genes/continue family line). At this point I would argue that having more children is not only self-serving but is also irresponsible due to climate change/overpopulation.

    If we have a major plague that wipes out 90% of the population then having children will more crucial to our survival. But we are not at that point yet.

  19. #159
    The Undying freefolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    33,393



    Poor mom, they chain her to the stove and force her to reproduce.
    .

    "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

    -- Capt. Copeland

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're pro choice but think it's shallow to complain about Women's Rights when you're seemingly ignoring that their rights are currently being taken away in Red States and are making Blanket Statements that only fit your argument?
    This whole conversation is hinging on you not allowing me to take the position i hold.

    I talked about "muh rape" "above".

    "Muh rights" is shallow for having rights for the sake of having rights (for women exlusively no less). thats how it sounds to me.
    Whats more, its split, half the women in america dont want that "right".
    That means your "blanket statement" is "abortion is a right" which the red states dont define as (as the right to live superseeds the right to kill).
    Last edited by Demasiados; 2019-05-23 at 10:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •