Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

NYT Study Shows Religious Conservative Women Happiest

Gee, I have no idea why this could be......

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values...s-happier-left
    Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just because the Blue Wave was forecast, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Yeah folks, he said it....

Ignorance is bliss,and you don't get more ignorant than religious Conservatives.

Ignorance is bliss, they don't have to worry their brains with reality.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

Awww look at the first 2 response. Calling them brainwashed from the get go. Good job tools.

Really because I know a few of them and they seem the most miserable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfall View Post
    Awww look at the first 2 response. Calling them brainwashed from the get go. Good job tools.
    There's an element of that there, especially when they're unhappy with their lives but try to hide it because they are told that they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post

"So it turns out the happiest wives are married to men...who have high levels of engagement with their children, they help in the house, and they also participate in the spiritual life of the family," said Campos-Duffy, pregnant with her ninth child.
    Ninth child? My wife and I agree on one thing. The happiest day of our life was when both of our kids left the house and we knew that they weren't coming back other than for short visits.

Indoctrination is the definition of brainwashing...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really because I know a few of them and they seem the most miserable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

There's an element of that there, especially when they're unhappy with their lives but try to hide it because they are told that they should be.
    Interesting take, especially your anecdotal evidence in your first statement. Clearly you've done an extensive study regarding your "few" that you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Indoctrination is the definition of brainwashing...
    Indoctrination into what? Believing in God/Jesus? Putting Faith into something greater than yourself? Believing in having a family and taking part in it?

Ignorance is bliss. These women are effectively living the matrix, believing the lie pulled over their eyes to blind them from the truth.
    See me for the stick up your arse, when applying for moderator. The stick is gratis.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ignorance is bliss. These women are effectively living the matrix, believing the lie pulled over their eyes to blind them from the truth.
    What lie are they believing? I'm honestly curious.

Interesting take, especially your anecdotal evidence in your first statement. Clearly you've done an extensive study regarding your "few" that you know.
    Yeah well. Anecdotal is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post

There are been a number of studies on this.

It tends to come down to religious people having their faith but also... the ideology that got passed down from puritans that is quite strong in conservatives in general. The idea of "predestination" which is connected to this idea that "if you didn't make it that's because it was your fault and yours alone and outsdie factors don't matter"

non-conservatives meanwhile in studies seems to worry a lot about the state of people. In one study comparing wealthy conservatives to wealthy liberals, liberals were unhappy because they were most concerned with the status of other people while conservatives really didn't care that much.

So to essentially sum it up... ignorance + selfishness makes you a very happy person.

- - - Updated - - -

Indoctrination into what? Believing in God/Jesus? Putting Faith into something greater than yourself? Believing in having a family and taking part in it?
    What’s more interesting is your desperate need to feed your confirmation bias with a one off study .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Putting Faith into something greater than yourself? Believing in having a family and taking part in it?
    Ya I do all of that, but you don't need the other stuff to do it. Religion tends to make people ok with being ignorant of the reality of existence and based on your up-bringing can make you a really big asshole.

Make sense to be, if your conviction is that you being threated like a baby spawner is what you aspire to be, then you are a baby spawner, why would you not be happy with your role? I still wonder why you guys hate Muslim so much, they are literally YOU. You think most muslims women want to drop their clothing and become like a free woman? The hell of course not most of them would die before doing that, they were told since childhood that this is their role, this is how they are happy and guess what they are happy.

I would've thought that gay men were the happiest and lesbian women were the unhappiest.

Just from personal experience rating the best to worst parties I've been to this year.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Meanwhile Muslim women "choosing" to wear a hijab aren't brainwashed into it I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    it's easy to be okay with everything when it's all "God's plan". Even if I believed in a creator, I could never get behind an invisible force that decided my life on a whim based on their own desires. (Kidnappers and murderers excluded, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    What’s more interesting is your desperate need to feed your confirmation bias with a one off study .
    Huh? I'm honestly curious how people think something is a "Lie they've been told to follow" and/or "indoctrination". It just amazes me that the first 2 responses were "shrieking" BRAINWASHED!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    However, having a stable family is not the problem some nasty types are trying to make it in, traditional family structure should be promoted, not attacked and deconstructed at any step.
    Definitely not but if anything there are attacks on people who decide that the traditional family structure is not for them, or if it is attempted and falls apart due to divorce, sterility, etc that it is some moral failure.