View Poll Results: Immortality but you have to go back 1 million years?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

52 26.94%
  • Yes.

103 53.37%
  • Only if I could bring some technology with me.

38 19.69%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    You can be given immortality but you have to go back in time 1 million years. Would you do it?

Yes.

What would you do for the time?

I would likely change the a few events if I could.
    This is why you don't want it....interesting stuff I never thought about in there....

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Except that he will be in another timeline where he shapes it, so he won't undo his immortality and time travel event. In this timeline he will go back and when time travel occurs branching timelines happen.
    Yes, I understand that. My point is that his actual timeline stays exactly the same. He still goes back in time...but he doesn't fix his own timeline. He creates a new one.

Also, nobody knows what would happen with Time Travel if it were a thing that actually existed. Multiple timelines is just one theory among many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, I understand that. My point is that his actual timeline stays exactly the same. He still goes back in time...but he doesn't fix his own timeline. He creates a new one.

Also, nobody knows what would happen with Time Travel if it were a thing that actually existed. Multiple timelines is just one theory among many.
    Either way, my main point was that paradoxes only occurs if the timeline is linear and singular.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Only if it's the type of immortality that Ban in Seven Deadly Sins has.
    Found the weeb

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Found the weeb
    I took OP's offer and waited a million years just to say that that... This is the truest post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Found the weeb
    Did you look into a mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Did you look into a mirror?
    defending your weeb friend, you weeb?

I'm not interested in immortality even without the caveat.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

I don't know why these kinds of threads infuriates me. What's the point! it's never gonna happen. You can't travel back in time.

You can however travel to the future by circling a black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wouldn't want to leave my family and live without them, so it’s a no from me.
    Noone ever said when you have to take this, so pick it up at the end of your lifespan!, that way you can, eventually, be with your family one more time (and make it even better for all of them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't know why these kinds of threads infuriates me. What's the point! it's never gonna happen. You can't travel back in time.
    ... Prove it?

I would not want to be immortal.

Life means more when its more fleeting.

And the idea of being buried in an earthquake surviving just to live in darkness doesnt sound great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    ... Prove it?
    if time travel exists then it would have already happened and someone would have travelled back already

I dont see any michael j fox dudes on hoverboards
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

... Prove it?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel

However, making one body advance or delay more than a few milliseconds compared to another body is not feasible with current technology. As for backwards time travel, it is possible to find solutions in general relativity that allow for it, but the solutions require conditions that may not be physically possible.

Ehemm..

"MAY" so there is a chance.
    See me for the stick up your arse, when applying for moderator. The stick is gratis.

Yes I would. And I would prevent all you guys from ever being born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Fuckin go away Elba, no one likes you.

Quoting a site freely edited by meritless idiots doesn't really make you look less stupid.

Especially when those idiots can't even traverse through time like a normal person.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yes I would. And I would prevent all you guys from ever being born.
    You need somebody to talk to bruh?
    See me for the stick up your arse, when applying for moderator. The stick is gratis.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ehemm..

"MAY" so there is a chance.
    It literally said it's physically impossible to travel back in time. only mathematically which is pretty useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting a site freely edited by meritless idiots doesn't really make you look less stupid.

Especially when those idiots can't even traverse through time like a normal person.
    huh? what r u smoking?
    it's physically impossible to travel back in time. that's the consensus made by physicists around the world.

are you a physicist?

It literally said it's physically impossible to travel back in time. only mathematically which is pretty useless.
    "Physically".... Why cant they send back someones Conscious, just hovering around as some ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    if time travel exists then it would have already happened and someone would have travelled back already
    That assumes timelines are linear and singular.