Poll: Immortality but you have to go back 1 million years?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You can be given immortality but...

You can be given immortality but you have to go back in time 1 million years. Would you do it?

Yes.

What would you do for the time?

I would likely change the a few events if I could.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

there's a funny thing about immortality, eventually you're going to get stuck. Laws of probability and all.

And you'll never die >.<
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can i take an immortal gameboy with me?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Would depend on largely what kind of immortality we are talking about... if your unable to die no matter what sure... if your still able to be killed and just have an infinate lifespan then most likely not without a lot of preparation.

If your still able to be killed not only do you have to insure you are consistently able to have access to food/water... but you have to make sure you aren't killed by the environment... which is a very hard task on your own (wild animals/natural disasters at the start... then later on once intelligent humans come into play not being killed by them as well). Overall to deal with all of that requires a large amount of consistent luck and planning to deal with (even more so if you have any plans at all to "live comfortably") and I'm not sure their are many who are smart enough to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    You can be given immortality but you have to go back in time 1 million years. Would you do it?

Yes.

"who wants to live forever" - Queen

with even laymans knowledge about agriculture, scientific method, hygiene and other very basic things you can jumpstart those humans from 1m years ago and probably rebuild civilization to todays level in 1000 years tops, so going back 1m years isn't a particularly bad disadvantage.

you can just copy some stuff from the bible and you can start your own theocracy no problem most likely

Go back one million years... bring germs... wipe out all humans I make contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Go back one million years... bring germs... wipe out all humans I make contact with.
    eh just isolate yourself for a few months before making contant and you will probably be fine. worst case a couple percent are probably going to survive it anyways.

Here's a female homo erectus.

Maybe bring some lipstick and eye liner with me. . .

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Absolutely.

I'd carve up some tablets and spend years traveling the globe and training all the cavemen to translate and pass off my message to their offspring. Then I'd surgically lodge a bone up my nose and into my brain to a point far enough that I couldn't process thought and then get catapulted into space where I could float around for eternity. I would do this for the good of humanity.

The tablets would read, "Don't make episode 1 or 7."

"You know what, don't even make 6. Fuck Ewoks."

"Ok, make 6, but make it more about luke and carrie fisher being related. And don't have Boba Fett die 2 seconds in."
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2019-05-23 at 06:54 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Spend the next million years killing everybody else or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    with even laymans knowledge about agriculture, scientific method, hygiene and other very basic things you can jumpstart those humans from 1m years ago and probably rebuild civilization to todays level in 1000 years tops, so going back 1m years isn't a particularly bad disadvantage.

you can just copy some stuff from the bible and you can start your own theocracy no problem most likely
    A million years is too long ago for that, our human ancestors were not advanced enough yet, biologically. You would probably have to spend the first couple hundred thousand years or so waiting for them to evolve. Only the last hundred thousand or so is where it gets interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would go back. It'd be a bitch to have to build up to our modern tools starting with rock blades and sticks. But at least the knowledge doesn't have to be transfered and lost every 25 years like it had to for early humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I would document every event as possible. Give accurate first hand insight into all events.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Absolutely.

I'd carve up some tablets and spend years traveling the globe and training all the cavemen to translate and pass off my message to their offspring. Then I'd surgically lodge a bone up my nose and into my brain to a point far enough that I couldn't process thought and then get catapulted into space where I could float around for eternity. I would do this for the good of humanity.

The tablets would read, "Don't make episode 1 or 7."

"You know what, don't even make 6. Fuck Ewoks."

"Ok, make 6, but make it more about luke and carrie fisher being related. And don't have Boba Fett die 2 seconds in."
    Lmfao Very very important

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    When talking immortality are we saying immortally young, or immortality and you keep getting older?

Either way, going back a million years would suck, because 99.99% of the time you'd be without anyone to talk too. On the plus side with early humans and society, you could easily build a powerful nation and chances of ruling the world would be pretty good.

That's assuming you don't go insane first.
    In general if there are any restrictions I’ll put them in the OP so you’re a go on any other interpretation of immortality.

The rub is you have to go bad $1million years to do it that’s it.

what kind of immortality? true never die, even from 1000 foot death drops off a cliff and all wounds heal, or never die from age or sickness but a bullet would, or what?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Immortality would be great, the only dowside is watching everyone you ever care about or love die and turn to dust as you move on

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post

F that ... start a scientific civilization free of religion. We'd have warp drive and shit by now ;p

Yes.

Changing events could result in you never existing, which means you would never have been given the choice to be immortal, which means you could never have gone back to change things, which means things stayed exactly the same, which means you are born, which means you get the option of becoming immortal and going back 1 million years and repeating the whole cycle.

Time Travel Paradoxes are fun.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.