Essence of Conflict and Strife (8.2)

So about that new 8.2 essence (allows one spec-specific PvP ability to be used at all times, even in instanced PvE. As long as the essence is equipped to your active slot, that is).

Right now, the ability for every dpec is Smokebomb. This might well change, though, so what PvP talent would you like to see for the specs?

i prefer they keep the warlords of draenor spell books back because they had the great vanilla inspired balancing ground to them, and they were polished.

Assassination:
    Creeping Venom/System Shock/Honor Among Thieves for Raids
    Flying Daggers for M+ (with 3x EB this would be OP af)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-05-25 at 08:34 AM.

per the devs, these changes aren't intended to be a reward for PvE players, they're intended to open up an additional talent choice to PvPers by giving us one freebie. they realize we are FUCKING PISSED due to how dumbed down, boring, and stupid our classes have become in PvP, so they're trying to baindaid it by giving us an extra PvP talent choice

and no, it's not going to be good enough to fix the damage they have done, which can't be done without another complete redesign of these broken, shit classes. it's nowhere near enough. this is just a gesture. "hey PvPers, we hear you that are you are FUCKING PISSED about class design since Legion, here's a little something"

meh. I'm not resubbing for an extra PvP talent. let me know when my character plays like a Rogue again instead of this pve rotation vehicle with Fisher-Price aesthetics.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-05-25 at 04:34 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Bandaid for sure, but it's a welcome addition. At least we get to use some of the lesser PvP talents more often, like Maneuverability, DfA or Shiv.

It's also a reminder of how lacking the rest of the talents are, and how few of them we actually have, though.

I would love smokebomb back for m+ and such, but i am not touching pvp just to get it

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I would love smokebomb back for m+ and such, but i am not touching pvp just to get it
    This essence would awful for pve, as you would sacrifice way too much damage to get bomb back. Only reason this would be used in pve is if there is gonna be some crazy cheese strat where the LoS of bomb will be extremely useful, which I highly doubt it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    This essence would awful for pve, as you would sacrifice way too much damage to get bomb back. Only reason this would be used in pve is if there is gonna be some crazy cheese strat where the LoS of bomb will be extremely useful, which I highly doubt it will be.
    i was thinking it could have been decent on i.e the casters from reaping, stuff like that. Or use ontop of mobs to stop ranged players to avoid dmg etc. That being said, i don't know how smoke bomb works anymore, if its changed

i was thinking it could have been decent on i.e the casters from reaping, stuff like that. Or use ontop of mobs to stop ranged players to avoid dmg etc. That being said, i don't know how smoke bomb works anymore, if its changed
    Same functionality. Enemies can't target inside from the outside and vice versa. The duration was reduced, though.

Overall, the essence isn't even intended to be competitive in PvE. Their main goal is to throw PvPers a bone, taking one of the cookie cutter talents off the menu to make place for other talents. (Or introducing a niche talent which noone will ever take. Looking at ret, for example... lol) If that happens to be useful in a PvE enviroment, it is probably more of a coincidence.

While yes, smoke bomb would have fringe uses in getting enemies to the group, you would have to sacrifice a ton of damage to get that utility that may or may not be worth it. As it stands right, just about every damage essence is a nuclear weapon waiting to be unleashed, and you would have to sacrifice that for just a little extra utility.

As said above, it's more of a pvp essence. I would love to have smoke bomb back baseline, but it's always been a pvp ability over a pve ability (it really only got good in pve when blizz add the damage reduction component to it.)